Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate the Paye pick. I like him as a person, but we needed to draft an OT and we could have gotten a guy like Paye later.
I was initially disappointed, because I really wanted Darrisaw. But the edge class looks like it falls off a cliff in the 2nd round, whereas there will be starter quality tackles available at pick 54.

Plus Paye ticks all of the off field intangibles that Ballard loves.

Stone Forsythe still available, if somehow the Colts can come away with him I'll be happy. Reckon he'll be long gone by our pick though

Said earlier in another thread they is alot of talking going around that Quenton Nelson is moving to LT. With the the moves they have done so far in the draft i think the talk is right.

Said earlier in another thread they is alot of talking going around that Quenton Nelson is moving to LT. With the the moves they have done so far in the draft i think the talk is right.
I reckon youre right. Guards can be found easily in the late rounds who can be above average starters. Not a high skill position as such.

I reckon youre right. Guards can be found easily in the late rounds who can be above average starters. Not a high skill position as such.

Plus Nelson must be close to get a big contract soon, you would rather pay top dollar for a tackle than a guard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eric Fisher coming to the Colts on a one year deal, according to Schefter.

Makes the draft look a lot more reasonable now that the LT spot is sorted.

Colts signed T Eric Fisher to a one-year, $9.4 million contract.
It's about $100,000 less than Fisher made in 2020. Landing Fisher, who started 113 of 117 games with Kansas City from 2013 to 2020, is a boon for Carson Wentz, who was under constant pressure last season in Philadelphia. Fisher will now protect Wentz' blindside in 2021 -- and beyond, if the team extends Fisher sometime this year. Pro Football Focus graded Fisher, 30, as 2020's 22nd best pass blocking tackle. He'll join an Indy offensive line graded as PFF's seventh best pass-blocking unit in 2020. The Athletic's Stephen Holder said Fisher, who suffered an Achilles injury in the 2020 postseason, is expected to be back to full health by the end of September. The Indianapolis Star's Jim Ayello said the team has no timeline on the veteran's return. It wouldn't be surprising if Fisher missed the season's first month -- maybe two.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 11:47 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "chance" Colts LT Eric Fisher (Achilles') won't be ready to play until October.
Indianapolis reportedly "won't push" Fisher as he continues recovering from January's Achilles' tear, making it possible he sits through the first month of the season. It's an odd signing since the team doesn't have another confident option at that position, but Fisher does provide a stable presence if healthy. Sam Tevi would be asked to protect Carson Wentz's blindside for however long Fisher remains sidelined.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 10, 2021, 1:31 PM ET

3 sacks only and none really his fault never gotten beat just coverage or blitzer got thru no shame there. What i wouldn't give for him to be on my 49ers his a stud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back