India's Kohli no fan of four-day Test idea

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
ECB doesn't see it that way.

The ECB helped to kill Cricket over there by locking Cricket behind a pay wall, the same thing we're well on our way to doing.

I know you think otherwise but The Hundred is not the solution. The ECB like with Cricket Australia just look at the short term and nothing more, unfortunately it's just how these governing bodies are set up.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
ECB doesn't see it that way.
ECB also think a 16.4/16.4 match is a good idea...

The English summer is usually pretty packed in so I see the appeal to chop a few days off the schedule. However I'm not sure how 4 day tests doesn't lead to more overs lost, leading to more draws.

And if a team wants to avoid draws, they will be forced to make more risky declarations, enforece the follow on in All cases. It would severely reduce all double centuries and kill off the triple century.

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The ECB helped to kill Cricket over there by locking Cricket behind a pay wall, the same thing we're well on our way to doing.

I know you think otherwise but The Hundred is not the solution. The ECB like with Cricket Australia just look at the short term and nothing more, unfortunately it's just how these governing bodies are set up.
That's your opinion. Which is frequently dead wrong. CA promotes a great product and despite our flat pitches at least CA tries to grow the game here. Your subcontinent bias doesn't let you see that but you need to fix your corruption and self agenda issues in your own country before having a go at us.

Your sides can barely field, parents bribe officials to get kids into age group rep teams, schoolboy batting records on road pitches are all the rage and conflicts of interest reign supreme, not to mention a complete lack of respect for the rules or regulations in your own constitution.

CA isn't perfect but they are centuries ahead of other boards

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also people have their head in the sand if they think test cricket won't die in its current format.

Why would a young Sri Lankan, NZ or WI cricketer toil away making * all money play first class cricket in their countries to maybe play test cricket for a country that gets spanked against the good sides and can probably pay about the same as one big bash contract for a season?

It's just a no brainer.

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The sad reality is there are a handful of exciting, competitive tests each year amongst a glut of boring home dominant whitewashes. The people here carping on about the SA Vs Eng test seem to be more than happy watching 15 tests for one good one. That's a terrible ratio.

The other thing is four day tests are only the beginning of changes to come. Get used to it

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
That's your opinion. Which is frequently dead wrong. CA promotes a great product and despite our flat pitches at least CA tries to grow the game here. Your subcontinent bias doesn't let you see that but you need to fix your corruption and self agenda issues in your own country before having a go at us.

Your sides can barely field, parents bribe officials to get kids into age group rep teams, schoolboy batting records on road pitches are all the rage and conflicts of interest reign supreme, not to mention a complete lack of respect for the rules or regulations in your own constitution.

CA isn't perfect but they are centuries ahead of other boards

Please tell me how CA are trying to grow the game here. They've put limited overs behind a pay wall, turning their back on an opportunity to give more exposure to state cricket and they've also effectively cut a Test per summer.

I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea that I'm from the subcontinent. I support Australia, was born here and my family tree is all English and Scottish. Just because I'm not in a bubble where everything outside the Australian Cricket summer is irrelevant doesn't mean I must be from overseas.

I support Test Cricket in all countries because I believe it's the best sport out there, unfortunetly Tests in Australia haven't been high quality for a while which is why I'm critical.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
The sad reality is there are a handful of exciting, competitive tests each year amongst a glut of boring home dominant whitewashes. The people here carping on about the SA Vs Eng test seem to be more than happy watching 15 tests for one good one. That's a terrible ratio.

The other thing is four day tests are only the beginning of changes to come. Get used to it

Why is that a Test issue specifically? Bilateral ODIs are incredibly boring 90% of the time and have the same problem as Tests where if a strong side plays a weak side the game is basically decided already. The only difference in ODIs is it doesn't matter where you play the conditions rarely matter so a weaker side doesn't even have home advantage.

6 months ago we had The Ashes which produced 5 great Test matches and would've been gripping viewing regardless of the England vs Australia appeal. Maybe we should be figuring out why that series was so exciting for everyone while our own home summers have had so many off years recently.

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Our home summers are terrible because teams give up before they hit our shores. They simply must be held accountable for their own performances. At the very least their batsmen should be able to score big on our dead tracks, yes, they need more practice games, but Pakistan had plenty and came up with nothing.

Ohhh wedgie boy you silly rascal. Stop getting into petty squabbles you silly moose

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Cricket South Africa have just backed four day cricket this morning. So that's NZC, CA, the ECB and now CSA all in favour of.

No doubt all the other boards are waiting to see what India will say about it. Hopefully they use common sense and make the right choice but who knows

India are against 4-day Test Cricket

The end.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Our home summers are terrible because teams give up before they hit our shores. They simply must be held accountable for their own performances.

Why must they do this? They come here once every 4 years and play a handful of Tests, what's in it for their boards to spend months preparing them for very particular conditions they aren't going to see again for years.

It seems like a series teams like Pakistan just want to get out of the way. You can blame them and call them weak but see it from both sides. We set up conditions that basically ensure anyone bowling under 140km who isn't a genuinely great bowler is going to be cannon fodder. Due to that it's not ridiculous that some teams accept they aren't going to win.

We haven't been much different though, you take out Smith and most of our visits to the sub continent have been embarrassing, we lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka about 3 years ago but complained they're not competitive and shouldn't be touring here only 2 year later.

May 30, 2011
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
We haven't been much different though, you take out Smith and most of our visits to the sub continent have been embarrassing, we lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka about 3 years ago but complained they're not competitive and shouldn't be touring here only 2 year later.
Agree with this.
We frequently embarrass ourselves in the subcontinent and then complain about the standard of other countries when we demolish them here.

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree with this.
We frequently embarrass ourselves in the subcontinent and then complain about the standard of other countries when we demolish them here.
We don't embarrass ourselves over there at all. Outside of South Africa we acquit ourselves better than any other western country in the subcontinent

Back