Society/Culture Indigenous Activism - Is it racist and hateful

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fundamentally racist and vengeful towards white males. People are attacked on the basis of them being white and male!!!

An example would be someone arguing aboriginal children were taken by the government for fear of their own safety due to accounts of child sacrifice and things on that level of terror. If they happened to be white and male and saying that, the indigenous party would lose their s**t and marginalize the other party as racist rather than debate what they said.

Do they have this problem in Spain? When the Spanish invaded South America they were said to be morally repulsed at the thousands of skulls sacrificed to build ornaments and put on racks. They slaughtered them all. Do the Mayans in Spain today hold their government by the balls for invading their shores back then? Have the Spanish apologized?
... so, your lesson from that analogy is what, that the only thing the British did wrong was to not kill every single indigenous Australian upon sight, because a little bit over 120 years later some white blokes got offended? Because I'm rather struggling to make any other lesson you can take from that analysis.

I also thought that these hypothetical offended white males disliked it when people play the victim.

Also, given that most post-Colonial countries have their own deeply complex situations, that in the most part cannot be reduced the way you can above. I don't know much about the Americas pre-Spain's arrival, but if you tried to reduce Sri Lankan history down similarly you'd have huge issues.

As for whether or not it's racist, the way I see it is this: it probably is, but there's a marked difference being racist as a member of an economic underclass that's aggressively overrepresented in crime statistics in the direction of the people they have a few pretty decent reasons to dislike already, and being racist as a member of a wealthy elite or a political party, in the direction of that economic underclass. One group's got power over the other, in a huge way; the other doesn't speak for all aboriginals, and even if they did aboriginals represent less than half a percent of our population.

There's making mountains out of molehills, then there's this.

Is it?

Also, the government definition of Indigenous is inherently racist. It requires some degree of ancestry by blood to the autochthonous inhabitants before European colonisation.

The reason Indigenous identity has become more politicised than other identity struggles is because there's more at stake. There's policy, massive funding, the usual leeching consultancy companies, and even whole government departments specifically dedicated to Indigenous affairs. It has also created local power structures to determine who is recognised as Indigenous or not, and hence who has access to the funding.

The aboriginal issue can be summed up in one simple sentence:

"We want everything we want for nothing, because everyone else is guilty"

That's really just all there is to it.

Yeah i wonder why we are hostile in terms of activision. Anyone have any idea?

hey slaughtered them all. Do the Mayans in Spain today hold their government by the balls for invading their shores back then? Have the Spanish apologized?

Right? Luckily we are breeding you white pigs out so we wont have to apologise to anyone in 200 years

Is it?

Yeah i wonder why we are hostile in terms of activision. Anyone have any idea?

Right? Luckily we are breeding you white pigs out so we wont have to apologise to anyone in 200 years

White pigs? Of course that's horribly racist. Closing my argument as to why we westerners are better.

If I called you "grub eater" or "spear thrower". I would be on your level. Maybe we would've said that 100 years ago but not now. That's what I meant in my post when I said we are the best and have always been the best and ahead of everyone. We westerners are clearly the best when it comes to leading moral example. Yet we are portrayed as the opposite by the least moral of all peoples. The minorities.

Maybe indigenous are simply 100 years behind when it comes to moral conscience? Think about it 100 years ago white people said bad things to indigenous people, and in the present day indigenous say bad things to white people. Maybe in 100 years indigenous will see the error in their ways as white people do now?

Last edited:

Surely you realise it was in jest

And dont worry, Have/Will be called worse. As for 100 years ago white people said bad things about aborigionals. Still happening

I like how you've divided us as well as not equals. Thus leading to the attitude. Whats "We westerners?" Im not a westerner? s**t man. All this alienation is giving me anxiety and a feeling i dont belong :(

If i would present you with one of my favourite Lyrics
"I turn the other cheek, I get a knife in my back, and if i tell them it hurts, They say i over-react"

Surely you realise it was in jest

And dont worry, Have/Will be called worse. As for 100 years ago white people said bad things about aborigionals. Still happening

I like how you've divided us as well as not equals. Thus leading to the attitude. Whats "We westerners?" Im not a westerner? s**t man. All this alienation is giving me anxiety and a feeling i dont belong :(

If i would present you with one of my favourite Lyrics
"I turn the other cheek, I get a knife in my back, and if i tell them it hurts, They say i over-react"

Yep and so is what I said! I think all people fundamentally want to feel marginalized deep down. Minorities will say it's because they're minorities, women because they're women, and men because they're men. But I personally won't be happy until every race is assigned its own colour of clothing we have to wear on a day to day basis. Only then will we have progressed enough as a society to get along

... so, your lesson from that analogy is what, that the only thing the British did wrong was to not kill every single indigenous Australian upon sight, because a little bit over 120 years later some white blokes got offended? Because I'm rather struggling to make any other lesson you can take from that analysis.

I also thought that these hypothetical offended white males disliked it when people play the victim.

Also, given that most post-Colonial countries have their own deeply complex situations, that in the most part cannot be reduced the way you can above. I don't know much about the Americas pre-Spain's arrival, but if you tried to reduce Sri Lankan history down similarly you'd have huge issues.

As for whether or not it's racist, the way I see it is this: it probably is, but there's a marked difference being racist as a member of an economic underclass that's aggressively overrepresented in crime statistics in the direction of the people they have a few pretty decent reasons to dislike already, and being racist as a member of a wealthy elite or a political party, in the direction of that economic underclass. One group's got power over the other, in a huge way; the other doesn't speak for all aboriginals, and even if they did aboriginals represent less than half a percent of our population.

There's making mountains out of molehills, then there's this.
The irony is lots of money still being spent to bring back skulls of indigenous folk sent to musuems by the British.

You're being trolled. This whole thread is a troll and supported by moderators.

Last edited:
We elect an Aboriginal as Prime Minister - nothing will change for Indigenous people.
The day we elect an Aboriginal Prime Minister, a lot will have changed for the Indigenous people...

Currently our society has a stance that Bolt is a victim, 18C is the scourge, and any employment of Indigenous is considered equality over merit, regardless of merit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back