Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it was pointed out that Goodes was suffering from this, considering walking away from the game etc thousands of ******* idiots DID IT MORE.

You cut a guy to shreds. You kept going. He's out of the game and you're still jumping at every chance you have to shoot the guy down.

He keeps getting brought back up because people are busily trying to rewrite history and of course its going to dredge up past elements.

If he was really impacted by things mentally as the Sydney brass said at the time he'd have given it away like Tom Boyd and others with legitimate depression. But he was back playing quick smart.

Goodes is a dog, no one liked him. Specific teams supporters booed him for dog acts, then they got told not to so everyone started doing it. Its so simple. CARLTON was bottom of the ladder, we played them at the scg, they were up by 50 points and he kicks a goal and runs at the crowd doing a dance and throwing an imaginary spear. He was booed that night for a campaigner act. Seriously.

The war dance was hilariously cringe worthy. As I said in a previous post in this thread it was a pointless thing to do when they were already so far in front. Side note Luke Hodge did a better war dance in the first quarter of the 2015 semi final against Adelaide!

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Even after they were told that it was being perceived as racist they continued, because their right to boo was more important to them than listening to indigenous people... which is half the trouble

Right to boo, right to free speech has nothing to do with racism or indigenous issues. If Goodes is offended, he's offended.

When media cucks like Whateley tell everyone they're racist if they boo (when they're not) what do you think's gonna happen?

Once again though, it’s the refusal to listen than irks most. People in this country quite actively shut their eyes and ears to the issue facing indigenous people and act all indignant when anything shatters that protective cocoon.

Because booing at an AFL game is somehow relate-able to the incredibly high rates of rape, alcoholism, domestic violence, child abuse in aboriginal communities.

The important issues are ignored by the do-gooders who are OBSESSED with identity politics (race in this case) and think that changing a date or handing over more $$ fixes these social and cultural problems..

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
1. Goodes wasn’t booed consistently until after the incidents in the two indigenous matches, when he became outspoken about racism and indigenous issues

I’d argue that most of the booing came from flogs who booed precisely because people were telling them not to, in a ‘don’t tell me what to do’ way. Even after they were told that it was being perceived as racist they continued, because their right to boo was more important to them than listening to indigenous people... which is half the trouble

2. He did a war dance prepared for him by a group of indigenous youths that involved pretending to throw a boomerang, after kicking a goal during the indigenous round. Yes, it was unfortunate that his moment came late in the game against the bottom team, but most people were able to see it for what it was.

You might not celebrate when you are 40 points ahead, but you aren’t an indigenous man playing professional sport playing in a round supposed to celebrate indigenous culture.

Once again though, it’s the refusal to listen than irks most. People in this country quite actively shut their eyes and ears to the issue facing indigenous people and act all indignant when anything shatters that protective cocoon.
Excellent commonsense post. Should be more of it these days!

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Right to boo, right to free speech has nothing to do with racism or indigenous issues. If Goodes is offended, he's offended.

When media cucks like Whateley tell everyone they're racist if they boo (when they're not) what do you think's gonna happen?

Because booing at an AFL game is somehow relate-able to the incredibly high rates of rape, alcoholism, domestic violence, child abuse in aboriginal communities.

The important issues are ignored by the do-gooders who are OBSESSED with identity politics (race in this case) and think that changing a date or handing over more $$ fixes these social and cultural problems..
Jeez, man, you use BS terms like "cucks" and expect people to take you seriously.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Goodes needs to have a look at himself because he staged/dived/said some things/won an award.
AFL needs to have a look at themselves because they shouldn't tell people what to do or not to do.
Sydney supporters need to have a look at themselves...
Do-gooders need to have a look at themselves...
Non-booers need to have a look at themselves...

According to all the threads on this topic the only people that don't need to have a good look at themselves are the boo-ers.
Go figure. :drunk:
Top post!

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Man, having an imaginary spear thrown at you is the kind of harrowing experience many just never come through the other end.

Paul Gascoigne played an imaginary flute and look at the s**t storm that created.

I'd say booing is a super mild reaction to the super privileged sports person taunting the rank and file fans of another team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
While the real Indigenous issues are ignored at the expense of Adam Goodes' hurt feelings...
Rightio, but we are the ones chatting on the internet about our various offended feelings. Goodes is the one actually trying to highlight indigenous issues- trying to get changes, putting his money where his mouth is, setting up foundations and giving his time to improve indigenous education, health etc.

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
What did he make all about himself and how?

We're literally thousands of posts in of people coming up with every excuse under the sun and saying no one who booed him was racist. What's more, its completely fair to lump those who just thought it was fun to mass bully a man with the racists. As has been mentioned a few times in the thread, if you're aware that even a small number of people are taking part in a type of behaviour and you continue to do the same as them, it isn't up to others to work out that you're one of the noble booers.
He made the situation about how he was being booed, not about racial discrimination.

If people were making monkey noises because he's a black man (unfortunately this still happens in Europe), then he'd have a clear connection to racism.

All he had to say was "well Juddy and Ablett get booed every time they touch the footy too, guess it just comes with being a high profile player", or similar, and we could all move on.

Instead, he insisted that it was all due to racism, which just angered those who were booing him even more.

For what it's worth, Goodes is one of my favourite players of all time. I never participated in the booing, but I'm not going to accuse all of those who did as being racist.

I just can't reconcile how every team has, or has had, aboriginal players that are adored by the fans, yet these same fans are racist for booing Goodes.

Eddie Betts doesn't even play for Carlton anymore, but if an opposition fan merely suggested that he's overrated I'd be tempted to deck him, let alone if he said something racist. I'd be willing to bet all Carlton and Adelaide supporters feel the same way, such is the love for the man.

I'm not trying to change people's minds as to whether the booing was right or wrong, just offering some perspective as to how unreasonable it is to assume that anybody who booed Goodes is automatically a racist.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Real indigenous problems can't be dealt with at the same time as we discuss Adam Goodes' hurt feelings?

If you were so concerned about real indigenous issues then I would imagine you would be doing something about them...rather than wasting your time defending racists on Bigfooty, yes?

Defending racists. Please, enough with the manufactured outrage.

I'm concerned, no I'M SURE that our government are wasting time and $$ on programs and initiatives that make people like you feel good about yourself but provide zero benefit to indigenous people.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
He made the situation about how he was being booed, not about racial discrimination.

Quote from Goodes on this please.

Instead, he insisted that it was all due to racism, which just angered those who were booing him even more.
Quote from Goodes on this please.

I'm not trying to change people's minds as to whether the booing was right or wrong, just offering some perspective as to how unreasonable it is to assume that anybody who booed Goodes is automatically a racist.
They were either a racist or didn't mind providing cover and legitimising the behaviour of those who were.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
He keeps getting brought back up because people are busily trying to rewrite history and of course its going to dredge up past elements.
'dredge up past elements'
Why are you minimising it?
Fans threatening to tear up their membership because the hawthorn players are supporting goods is a bit more than a little bit of dredging up. That's a bunch of people saying they won't stand for Goodes getting any support from his peers. They won't cop it.

If he was really impacted by things mentally as the Sydney brass said at the time he'd have given it away like Tom Boyd and others with legitimate depression. But he was back playing quick smart.
This translates to:
If {the think he claims is true} then {he would deal with it in the only way I find acceptable} else {the thing isn't true}

That's shitty logic. It's dumb.

Tom Boyd gave it away, then tried to come back, then gave it away
Adam Goodes gave it away, tried to come back, DID come back, then gave it away.

This is possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on BigFooty. You're basically saying that you've set a standard of mental health and that it can only present in one way. (Which funnily enough is remarkably similar to what Goodes actually did).

I just find it disgusting and stupid how many people will go out of their way to tear Adam Goodes down. He's already torn down. He's already left the game. He's not asking people to make documentaries about himself.

Don't like him? Fine. You don't have to.
Cutting him down every time his name is mentioned the way people are in this thread is a little bit more than 'dredging up past elements', especially when the basis of those 'past elements' according to the defensive types in this thread are that he acted like a flog.

Flipping out like people have when some players get behind him? I hope those dickheads burn their memberships. Why would you want such idiotic people as members of your club.

Geezus - Jarman Impey even had to come out and tell everyone to take a breath and watch the doco before making a judgement. The mere MENTION of the documentary is enough for people to come out slagging Goodes again.

Why are these arse holes so triggered by the name Adam Goodes? Why does it hit such a nerve?
Please give me something a little more adult than "we don't want to be told what to do" (so we're happy to do everything we can to destroy a bloke and shut down any public support he gets even if it doesn't affect us directly).

'dredge up past elements'
Why are you minimising it?

This translates to:
If {the think he claims is true} then {he would deal with it in the only way I find acceptable} else {the thing isn't true}

That's ****ty logic. It's dumb.

Tom Boyd gave it away, then tried to come back, then gave it away
Adam Goodes gave it away, tried to come back, DID come back, then gave it away.

This is possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen on BigFooty. You're basically saying that you've set a standard of mental health and that it can only present in one way. (Which funnily enough is remarkably similar to what Goodes actually did).

The bolded part was poorly worded and not specifically about the Hawthorn nutters ranting on facebook (worst site ever by the way!). People are still ranting and raving about the way the player was treated..........it's going to be a never ending cycle of bringing up the past. It's not going to change anything (past, present or future). Crowds will continue to boo whomever they deem as the villains of the AFL. The media are beating a dead horse trying to spin it in their desired direction.

On the mental health comment, I believe they attempted to use the mental health playbook to try and get sympathy (aka a get out of jail free card with the public) to no success. Wouldn't be the first or last "personality" to do so either!

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
What about people that get outraged about other people's outrage? Are they outraged too? Is that like reverse outrage?

It's generation snowflake..

You need to accept that everything you've achieved in your life is due to your white/male privilege and be outraged at the plight of everyone else which of course is solely the result of their colour/race/gender/some other identity attribute.

BTW personal responsibility and/or achievement are a thing of the past.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
It's generation snowflake..

You need to accept that everything you've achieved in your life is due to your white/male privilege and be outraged at the plight of everyone else which of course is solely the result of their colour/race/gender/some other identity attribute.

BTW personal responsibility and/or achievement are a thing of the past.
Let's see, SJW, cvck, snowflake...

I'VE GOT BINGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back