Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard this before in this thread and it’s the most bizarre mixing of cause and effect.

“People only booed because they were told not to.” Think about that for one second... why were they told not to? What happened to cause that? Booing of course.

What started the booing? The AFL and media didn’t all just come out one day and say the booing of Goodes has to stop on the back of nothing. It came on the back of multiple weeks of noticeable, booing unrelated to any football indiscretions.

So what started the booing??? Think about that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It started I think after him being named Australian of the year and his speech then the stupid war dance he undid in the faces of the Carlton cheer squad.
People then booed him for a few onfield incidents before that and then he seemed to want to centre of attention.
And then as the other poster said, it caught on because people started to realize he was a prick of a person. It didnt start simply because he was aboriginal otherwise the others would have been booed. As you said, think about it.

It started I think after him being named Australian of the year and his speech then the stupid war dance he undid in the faces of the Carlton cheer squad.
People then booed him for a few onfield incidents before that and then he seemed to want to centre of attention.
And then as the other poster said, it caught on because people started to realize he was a prick of a person. It didnt start simply because he was aboriginal otherwise the others would have been booed. As you said, think about it.

So you agree a speech acknowledging his heritage and calling for advancements in reconciliation and a dance designed to pay tribute to his heritage were why people think he’s a “prick of a person” can’t you see you just reaffirmed my exact point. How is that not a reaction to his race?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have made up your mind then.

So why are you asking the same question over and over and over again?

I haven’t made up my mind. I have a view, I’m happy to discuss it and even have that view challenged or changed. To that end, I asked a question but it seems you’ve pulled the shutters down when you can’t answer it.

I haven’t made up my mind. I have a view, I’m happy to discuss it and even have that view challenged or changed. To that end, I asked a question but it seems you’ve pulled the shutters down when you can’t answer it.

I haven't pulled the shutters down, i have noticed you have asked the same question many times.

It's been answered many times, but you just keep asking the same question again.

It just seems you think everyone is lying, so i will question you with this.

If you are genuinely after an answer, then why didn't you quote (why didn't anyone quote) the indigenous person who said they booed Goodes?

I haven't pulled the shutters down, i have noticed you have asked the same question many times.

It's been answered many times, but you just keep asking the same question again.

It just seems you think everyone is lying, so i will question you with this.

If you are genuinely after an answer, then why didn't you quote (why didn't anyone quote) the indigenous person who said they booed Goodes?

If an indigenous person booed Goodes what would that prove? I have never said that all booing was racist or that you shouldn’t boo at the footy.

You say the question has been answered many times. What is your answer? A few posts ago you said Goodes was booed because people said don’t boo (after he was booed). That clearly makes no sense. So why was he booed?

If an indigenous person booed Goodes what would that prove? I have never said that all booing was racist or that you shouldn’t boo at the footy.

You say the question has been answered many times. What is your answer? A few posts ago you said Goodes was booed because people said don’t boo (after he was booed). That clearly makes no sense. So why was he booed?

If an indigenous person booed Goodes, that" proof that at least some of the booing wasn't racist, yeah?

So if we believe that, then why can't you believe people here in their reasons?

But no, no matter what reason you are given, there is always another reason in your mind.

Good Day.

If an indigenous person booed Goodes, that" proof that at least some of the booing wasn't racist, yeah?

So if we believe that, then why can't you believe people here in their reasons?

But no, no matter what reason you are given, there is always another reason in your mind.

Good Day.

Still no answer. It’s a simple question. Why are you avoiding it?

So you agree a speech acknowledging his heritage and calling for advancements in reconciliation and a dance designed to pay tribute to his heritage were why people think he’s a “prick of a person” can’t you see you just reaffirmed my exact point. How is that not a reaction to his race?

Its-not-what-you-say-its-how-you-say-it.jpg

Still no answer. It’s a simple question. Why are you avoiding it?

Avoiding what?

i thought i made myself clear.

If not, here goes again.

The question you have asked many, many, many times, has been answered, you don't want to believe anyone.

Why would i even waste my time with you now answering it again, your opinion means nothing to me, you lost me a long time ago, when you just consider everyone as liars.

Like i said before, if you were genuinely interested in why people booed, you would have asked the indigenous person.

Avoiding what?

i thought i made myself clear.

If not, here goes again.

The question you have asked many, many, many times, has been answered, you don't want to believe anyone.

Why would i even waste my time with you now answering it again, your opinion means nothing to me, you lost me a long time ago, when you just consider everyone as liars.

Like i said before, if you were genuinely interested in why people booed, you would have asked the indigenous person.

Again no answer. Deflect; deflect. You say I’m a time waster, at least I’ll provide an answer and enunciate my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think alot of Australians took his speech as being selfrighteous and made alot of people uncomfortable with his pointing out of uncomfortable truths and people took it as a bit of a backhander after being named Australian of the year.
I didn’t see it that way, I saw it as a bloke who used the circumstances to get the most amount of attention for people he thought needed it as he could and it was never going to be an easy road after that but he did it for others.
Another thing and I’ll use an example, I was overseas and living in Scotland in 99 and went to a France v Scotland friendly and the Scotts were singing before the game, different songs and then some started singing sectarian songs and I was looking around and there where kids as young as 10-12 singing these pro-Protestant/ant-catholic songs.
There was no way those kids would fully comprehend what they were singing about or even know some would find it offensive.
With Adam Goodes I don’t think people realised at the time how offensive it had become.
But what I found to be the biggest indicator that people just didn’t get it and still don’t is
White people telling Black people what they are allowed to call racisim and what they are allowed to be offended by.

It’s going to take a lot, for someone to outrage me enough to boo them, by offending the Carlton cheer squad. A little dance is far from it.
Well it was just a thing that showed the people what a tool he is and how he does things to make it all about him. like i said i was a number of things, all i know is it wasnt racial, despite what he might come out with, he made things worse to grab attention and sympathy.

Think I need to stay off social media tonight. Big footy is one thing but seeing how many ignorant dickhead friends I have is quite another.
This doco is a waste of time. The people who need to see it won’t watch it and will wear the fact they won’t watch it as a badge of honour.
All so sad

Last edited:
Think I need to stay off social media tonight. Big footy is one thing but seeing how many ignorant dickhead friends I have is quite another.
This doco is a waste of time. The people who need to see it won’t watch it and will wear the fact they won’t watch it as a badge of honour.
All so sad
Consider it payback for the absolute bullshit we have to put up with from snowflakes all year round.

All so sad
It hasn't been aired yet and you are already sad, i worry how you are going to feel after it's aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back