Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying Australia is a racist country is a huge statement and is obviously going to cop some reaction.

Yep, and you clowns keep pushing the do gooding barrow making it all better. Real people, your kidding me.
But mate - what are you doing to improve the place?

Telling everyone that there's a real world? What does that do?
Putting down people who are trying to fix things? Even if you don't agree with them, at least give a pat on the back to those who are willing to get up, have a say and try to put things right.

You're doing the easiest thing in the world - sitting back and crapping on people who are having a crack. Calling them clowns and tree huggers.

It's so easy to shove people back down who see something they think is wrong and calling it out.

But it's not that courageous, is it?

Help man I don’t disagree

I don’t think anyone should be booed. Period.
Hey Hirdy, we're on the wrong site. Turn off otherwise we'll be copping these one eye tree huggers all night. All I said was my opinion differs from theirs, now I'm overloaded with every rainbow warrior on big footy.

Your insulted because I said I think everyone who was booing wasn’t being racist?

Jeez

If you bothered to read my reply to your above, the insult made is your perception that it was only Goodes who was the victim of racism this past decade...yes these other Indigenous players weren’t booed to this extent, but they endured racist acts.

Putting down people who are trying to fix things? Even if you don't agree with them, at least give a pat on the back to those who are willing to get up, have a say and try to put things right.

You're doing the easiest thing in the world - sitting back and crapping on people who are having a crack. Calling them clowns and tree huggers.

It's so easy to shove people back down who see something they think is wrong and calling it out.

There will always be people who boo players. If they get told to stop they exercise their right more freely just because people told them to stop. How does the AFL stop that?

Hey Hirdy, we're on the wrong site. Turn off otherwise we'll be copping these one eye tree huggers all night. All I said was my opinion differs from theirs, now I'm overloaded with every rainbow warrior on big footy.

I’m not into insulting people. But clearly yo aren’t allowed to disagree with people on here without copping it, which is odd.

Definitely think there are the minority out there who are racist but I don’t agree everyone booing had that context.

This thread clearly indicates we still have a hell of a long journey to tread.
We do indeed, I bet we all agree on that. But I bet if we all were to articulate what we thought that journey was, then we might all have different ideas as to where we go and what we do first and who does what and what has to happen in preparation and what we should be prepared to leave behind. Most differences would be subtle and ultimately just words though.

If you bothered to read my reply to your above, the insult made is your perception that it was only Goodes who was the victim of racism this past decade...yes these other Indigenous players weren’t booed to this extent, but they endured racist acts.

That is an incredibale over exaggeration by you and that is your problem.

All I said was I don’t believe everyone who booed Adam was doing it was a racist context. If you read anything further into then that than that’s on you.

Did you watch the doco? It doesn't claim that all the booing was racist.

My comment was in reply to others in this thread saying it was.....

Not the doco itself more so the media perception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a right to boo at the football. It is not against the law. It is just booing. You can not call someone racist for making sounds out of their mouth. Booing has no meaning attached to it.

I’m not into insulting people. But clearly yo aren’t allowed to disagree with people on here without copping it, which is odd.

Definitely think there are the minority out there who are racist but I don’t agree everyone booing had that context.

Did you watch the film?
I don’t think they once implied that everyone who boo’d was a racist it was more about the fact that racism is still a very real problem in our society and because Adam that our mob mentality took over and forgot the point Adam was trying to make in the first place

Another one. It's an opinion based on having lived with and worked with em. I also have close family with mental health problems. I've spent half my life helping both so to be howled down by dickheads and keyboard wariors excuse me if I tell you all to FO

That is an incredibale over exaggeration by you and that is your problem.

All I said was I don’t believe everyone who booed Adam was doing it was a racist context. If you read anything further into then that than that’s on you.

Hmmm.

You're probably right.

But if people are still booing after it became clear that a large portion of it was racially based, and it was taking a significant toll on a great of the game - at best that person is still a moron, and a heartless campaigner.

So... congratulations to those people for not being racist?

What struck me was how reasonable all the indigenous people interviewed in this doco were. No histrionics, just a sad melancholy.

On the other side.......what other side? The booers? 95% of them sheep. Really just an uneducated mass. And probably the 4 ugliest hearts in Australia - Jones , Bolt, Newman and Devine.

Nothing can "fix" Adams final couple of years of footy. Hopefully some good comes from it.

Did you watch the film?
I don’t think they once implied that everyone who boo’d was a racist it was more about the fact that racism is still a very real problem in our society and because Adam that our mob mentality took over and forgot the point Adam was trying to make in the first place

That’s the perception I got from it along with how it is being reported upon in the meadia.

Though again that’s just my opinion.

I almost feel like every post I make I have to say that I don’t agree with booing...

Hmmm.

You're probably right.

But if people are still booing after it became clear that a large portion of it was racially based, and it was taking a significant toll on a great of the game - at best that person is still a moron, and a heartless campaigner.

So... congratulations to those people for not being racist?

Hey man

I dunno how you fix booing.

I am unsure how you police something that has different effects on different people

No offence, Chief , but why have you laughed at this post rather than deleting it and banning this prick? ‘Ebony lover’ might get passed a swear filter, but the sentiment is clear. It has no business staying up for 30 minutes.
I’m laughing at the pure stupidity. And his impending ban.

How many times this guy has crawled back pleading for another chance and he spits this s**t out.

Interestingly, from the outside I think that the US is going through a Adam Goodes type scenario with Megan Rapinoe, the US Women's Soccer star.
Their pivot point is gender and sexual orientation rather than race (haven't they had enough of those over the years!), but many of the arguments for all sides seem to mirror what we've been through.

Ive been in the thread on and off for a while and ill think you'll find the staunchest Goodes defenders will all admit that not all the booing was racist. It would be impossible to prove. The doco is sad viewing.

Certainly don’t disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back