Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of the other accounts as in every other news outlet and the coach all tell the same story as each other. Yet the ABC is the only one who hints at something nobody else corroborates.

In terms of neutrality it would appear only one media outlet has embellished a story. For what reason it is unknown.

The fact that nobody else is reporting it that way back up the claim it wasn't happening prior to the dance.

You yourself mentioned the Guardian earlier. Let’s see what they said...

“This time it was travelling Carlton fans who let loose with the booing and they appeared to then get involved further with Goodes following his celebration.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ance-sparks-controversy-as-swans-down-carlton

Pretty clear they are reporting there was similar booing before the dance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
You yourself mentioned the Guardian earlier. Let’s see what they said...

“This time it was travelling Carlton fans who let loose with the booing and they appeared to then get involved further with Goodes following his celebration.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ance-sparks-controversy-as-swans-down-carlton

Pretty clear they are reporting there was similar booing before the dance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty clear that's exactly the same writing as the ABC piece...

Here's a tip, anytime a media source writes "appeared too" it means they actually have no idea if what they are writing is credible or not.

The way I saw the whole saga was Adam Goodes acted like a flog and got booed, it happens, it has happened to plenty of players over the years and will continue to happen.

The difference? The other cases people boo them for a couple of weeks for being flogs, forget about it and move on. I think there was an earlier post who mentioned a whole lot of bad things players did and didn't get booed for, talk about your revisionist history...Or maybe its just it happened, they got booed and then people forgot about it!

Adam Goodes case they sooked to the media, made a big song and dance about how bad it is and so instead of the issue disappearing, it became bigger and protracted as more people objected to being told what to do and wanted to join in the fun, especially if its having a negative effect on an opposition player.

If the booing was so racist then surely every aboriginal player would be getting booed? If booing was racist, why do so many white players in history get booed for doing stupid things?

To finish with, if Scott Pendlebury for example came out and said being booed hurt him and put him off his game, what do you think opposition fans would do every week?

So all of the other accounts as in every other news outlet and the coach all tell the same story as each other. Yet the ABC is the only one who hints at something nobody else corroborates.

This isn't true though and you can't back it up.

In terms of neutrality it would appear only one media outlet has embellished a story. For what reason it is unknown.
Again, you've got nothing to back this statement up.

The fact that nobody else is reporting it that way back up the claim it wasn't happening prior to the dance.
But that's not what you said, you've claimed repeatedly that multiple other news sources have claimed there was no booing before the dance, but you can't even provide one

This isn't true though and you can't back it up.

Again, you've got nothing to back this statement up.

But that's not what you said, you've claimed repeatedly that multiple other news sources have claimed there was no booing before the dance, but you can't even provide one

Well that's rubbish. I didn't claim they reported there was no other booing. I said they reported on the war dance incident and made zero mention of any other booing. Which given how red hot the media was in getting it out there when he was booed at matches suggests they had nothing else to report. Because they would have had it occured.

John Longmire said he heard no booing during the game. That's the guy who came out all the time to support Goodes. Yet according to your view he's lied about this game and just chose this particular game to lie and say he heard nothing. Is that right?

So his view supports my view, not yours.

Dane Swan took part in a group bashing of a man that left him permanently incapacitated, and then welshed on the compensation payments. But Swanny's a Top Bloke apparently. Simply not in the same category of evil as Goodes.
Was Dane Swan made AOTY and seen as a virtuous figure. Way to miss the entire point of that post. Geez.

The arguments I saw defending her were:

1. What about when "they" call "us" a white [slur].
2. She's just a 13-year-old girl!
3. She didn't mean it in a racist way.
4. He's a sook, get over it!
5. He could've handled it better.

All piss weak arguments if you ask me.
Maybe s**t parents would be the real reason

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think the conversation is pointless. Work with me here, you said the goodes situation was complicated, help uncomplicate it for me. How do you think the AFL shouldve handled the booing if they had their time again?

You confessed to not having a point and then you do a 180 when it looks like you’re getting there. If you think it’s that simple, I’m sure you have the answer.

Wasn't sure where else to post this but I can't believe Jeff Kennett's blatantly racist comments today aren't all over the news. Surely the AFL come down like a tonne of bricks. This crap has to be completely stamped out.

What did he say?
Commenting on the security at Marvel Stadium on Friday night;

"The concept of having people walking around – and I'm not being racist when I say this – but when I saw some of the footage, the people who are making judgements while they wear these authorative coats, are not people who appear to have a great knowledge of our game," he said.

"And yet they make judgements about what's correct and what's not correct.

"They're new arrivals to Australia, it appears."

Commenting on the security at Marvel Stadium on Friday night;

"The concept of having people walking around – and I'm not being racist when I say this – but when I saw some of the footage, the people who are making judgements while they wear these authorative coats, are not people who appear to have a great knowledge of our game," he said.

"And yet they make judgements about what's correct and what's not correct.

"They're new arrivals to Australia, it appears."
Do spotless run the security? Heard they are very biased against anyone of isn't of Indian heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back