Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicky shoved it up em good, without doubt the most courageous stance an Indigenous player has made, wasn't based on one game either, he'd copped plenty throughout his career, and with one action he said it all.

The beer guzzling yobo's of Victoria Park were never the same after that, and I would know, I was one of the kids who used traverse the barbed wire and sit on the toilet roof directing lackies to go after stray foofballs that cleared the net.

Back in those days if the ball cleared the net it was gone, end of story.
I’ve pinched a few from Linton Street.

See there's that frustration again, getting all worked up and now I'm a racist..

Nice try you peanut.

Goodes is a master manipulator, and he's reeled you in...
Yeah, it’s a conspiracy theory. Goodes has an agenda to manipulate people into believing they’re racist when calling out behaviour and actions that are racist.

Calling a 13 year old girl a racist when she probably isn't, is that fine?
The comment was racist wasn’t it? I don’t really think at the time of playing a football match that Goodes has the ability to gauge much about the individual, he is however able to gauge the nature of the comment.

Of course it’s fine. She needs to understand why it was offensive.

Easy the booing was barely noticeable until media and Gilligan paid more attention to it. Once he begged and pleaded for it to stop. It grew louder :) :).

You can't expect the crowd to abide by the wishes of a polo playing hipster that has zero idea on what the football public wants :)
It’s not what they want, it’s being told to stop because it’s bigoted. Very different. Social topic of racism is far removed from his exploits as a CEO of the game.

That's your opinion. The point is this whole thing is based on a false premise.. That's the issue. The overwhelming majority of people in this country are not racist, and we resent being labled as racist. The whole thing is bull Sh#t.. Fake news!
Yep, false premise. Australia is a very very racist country. Look no further than our political leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah, always the case isn’t it? Everyone is outraged when they call out racism. And all of a sudden it’s ‘outrageous’ because it’s just so hard for the bigots to talk about without having to actually admit they are what they are.
The problem with 'those who shall not be called racist' is that, aside from booing, they can't tell you what it is they want to do that they're being prevented from doing.

You realise that’s a HORRIBLE reflection of Australians, right? If you’re saying we’re so immature that when someone complains about racist treatment our national response is “How dare you be upset! We’ll give you something to get really upset about now!”

Adam Goodes is not above criticism but people have mentioned in this thread the number of dirtier players that have played over the years who received nothing close to what Goodes got. Saying it was out of immature rage at not liking being asked to stop carrying on in an over-the-top and nasty-looking way is barely better than admitting it was racist. “I’m not a racist, I’m just very immature!”

Generally if I’m asked not to do something or told something I’ve done is coming across in a very poor manner, I’ll reflect and consider modifying my behaviour if I think I should. The idea of just reflexively doubling down because I “hate being told what to do” is the mentality you should get over by age 15.
Mob mentality. Bogans and alcohol. They don’t know how to reflect, they just know their rights.

The problem with 'those who shall not be called racist' is that, aside from booing, they can't tell you what it is they want to do that they're being prevented from doing.
Well I’ll tell you, they’re having their right to free speech encroached upon. They don’t like the fact they’re getting called out because they want to say and act how they like, irrespective of the fact Aboriginal people had their free speech stomped down for decades upon decades.

It’s called irony. Irony and double standards.

Yeah she might have, but you still don’t understand why he called it out do you? It was offensive to HIM. There’s a reason why it was offensive to HIM.

Why should we have to care if he finds something offensive?

Of all the big issues facing the world, a 13 year old saying something ignorant is a fair way down the list. But the AFL loves to meddle, and clearly you are their target audience.

You are treading on very thin ice using the term 'abo', it is almost always imo used in a negative or derogatory manner and therefore people may take it as racist.
No ifs, buts or maybes; it’s a horribly racist term. I always find it odd that we ban the N-word on this site when it’s history is largely American but there are grossly offensive terms for Aboriginal people that probably don’t fall foul.

For having an opinion different to you? ohh poor baby
What a dopey response. You didn't express an opinion, you made a wild claim, with no supporting facts. I asked you to verify that claim. And this is the rubbish you respond with.

So, once more, big deep breath, try to be a grownup just for a second and then you can get back to your X Box...

You stated:

If any of you people think for one moment this clown was booed because he was an aboriginal then you are ******* deluded, for starters he was booed against Hawthorn by their fans who have(had) an abundance of those players in their side. it was always because he was an attention seeking knob.

Can you provide a single shred of evidence that this was the case? Because you may not realise this, but you are claiming to know the minds of potentially tens of thousands of people. So a little bit of supporting fact would bolster your claim considerably. Or will you just admit that this is merely what you'd like the truth to be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back