Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said time and time again that I do not boo based on skin colour, act like a flog on the footy ground and I'll boo until the cows come home.

I'll happily say this to ex number 37 of Sydney face to face, maybe then it might sink in that his cheap dirty sniping and pleading for free kicks caused a lot of people to turn against him YEARS before things got very controversial ;)
Only problem with your holier-than-thou stance is that much smarter football minds than me and you have analysed Goodes's behaviour on the field by a number of different metrics and concluded he wasn't a particularly dirty player at all.

If you choose to open your eyes you'll find plenty of articles on the subject.

But that of course would upset your precious paradigm, so I suggest you just sit tight and keep repeating your mantra because it's obviously very important to your self-image, you ol' fearless crusader you.

Goodes is a master manipulator, and he's reeled you in...
For a guy who's actually said very little on the incident Adam Goodes really does have the most extraordinary supernatural powers. The CIA should maybe offer him a motza to come and share his findings on mass mind control with them before the KGB gets hold of them.

Only problem with your holier-than-thou stance is that much smarter football minds than me and you have analysed Goodes's behaviour on the field by a number of different metrics and concluded he wasn't a particularly dirty player at all.

If you choose to open your eyes you'll find plenty of articles on the subject.

I've read many articles between 2015 and now that try to down play his bad behaviour but they fail to change opinion.

When there is irrefutable evidence of his bad sportsmanship on display its impossible to ignore.

Why should we have to care if he finds something offensive?

Of all the big issues facing the world, a 13 year old saying something ignorant is a fair way down the list. But the AFL loves to meddle, and clearly you are their target audience.
It’s called respecting other people. We aren’t talking about anything else facing the world, we are looking at a local issue pertaining to a big problem; racism. It’s not meddling to step in and call it what it is. You’re also the target audience, you just choose not to buy in because you don’t understand and you’re ignorant.

It’s called respecting other people. We aren’t talking about anything else facing the world, we are looking at a local issue pertaining to a big problem; racism. It’s not meddling to step in and call it what it is. You’re also the target audience, you just choose not to buy in because you don’t understand and you’re ignorant.
Demon davey again spouting his holier than thou opinions.

Demon davey again spouting his holier than thou opinions.
How exactly am I being holier than thou when agreeing with certain viewpoints that don’t support racism? And if you think asking for respect in society, particularly in social settings, is holier than thou, then I think you are a typical individual looking to be outraged when this subject is raised.

How exactly am I being holier than thou when agreeing with certain viewpoints that don’t support racism?

You preach criticism of an Aboriginal man's actions is assumed racism or in support of racism... You're wrong.

You think taking this finger pointing viewpoint of 'everyone's racist' places you on some kind of progressive PC pedestal.. You're wrong.

If only we all had your intellect.

Im not buying in because its bull s**t. There are real problems. And there is AFL social conditioning.

"Everyone who boos is racist". Right-o.

"We have seen the face of racism, and it is a 13 year old girl". Yeah.

I cant imagine how quickly you crumble when having to deal with actual issues in the world.

And it will take more than random forum posters with their racist bigotry to knock Goodes off his Pedestal as one of the greatest players to ever Play this game. The best part of all of this is the racists that are continuing down this path don't realise all they are doing are fast tracking Goodes into HOF Legend status because the dust will settle one day and along with his already HOF Football feats his ability to deal with the racism and bigotry and handle this very sad chapter in the history of the game will only put him into the Legendary status he deserves. So go your hardest but the hatred is only fuelling an outcome the racists and bigots are going to suffer with for as long as they draw breath.
Just calm down mate. The racists and bigots are a the extreme end and you are the opposite

No one is denying his ability and anyone that plays near 400 games, wins 2flags and a charlie plus all his club b n fs is an absolute lock for HOF. Good on him, fantastic career. But, he clearly got booed for being a campaigner to start with, then it was a free for all and all the nasties joined in.

If only we all had your intellect.

Im not buying in because its bull ****. There are real problems. And there is AFL social conditioning.

"Everyone who boos is racist". Right-o.

I cant imagine how quickly you crumble when having to deal with actual issues in the world.
Actual issues in the world? I think if you managed to take your blinkers off you’d realise Goodes actually said to go easier on the girl. It’s also something that was offensive to him and he called it, as he should when someone calls APE over the fence. What else should he do?

She isn’t the face of racism, she was the face of ignorance but the subsequent treatment of Goodes can’t really be called anything else but racist.

Just calm down mate. The racists and bigots are a the extreme end and you are the opposite

No one is denying his ability and anyone that plays near 400 games, wins 2flags and a charlie plus all his club b n fs is an absolute lock for HOF. Good on him, fantastic career. But, he clearly got booed for being a campaigner to start with, then it was a free for all and all the nasties joined in.

Tell me, what actually is a campaigner ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I’ll tell you, they’re having their right to free speech encroached upon. They don’t like the fact they’re getting called out because they want to say and act how they like, irrespective of the fact Aboriginal people had their free speech stomped down for decades upon decades.

It’s called irony. Irony and double standards.

Yes - often wonder at people in Australia claiming they are losing their right to free speech. You can say pretty much say anything you like in Australia - stand up out the front of the Town Hall if you want - and you aren't going to be arrested.

I've read many articles between 2015 and now that try to down play his bad behaviour but they fail to change opinion.

When there is irrefutable evidence of his bad sportsmanship on display its impossible to ignore.
Well I'd be interested to see your evidence that he was such a dirty player.

If you can't furnish that, then considering that numerous examinations have shown he wasn't too bad, I guess we just say you're sticking your fingers in your ears and going "nyah nyah nyah".

Well I'd be interested to see your evidence that he was such a dirty player.

If you can't furnish that, then considering that numerous examinations have shown he wasn't too bad, I guess we just say you're sticking your fingers in your ears and going "nyah nyah nyah".

Have a browse through the thread multiple examples of his thuggery has already been posted 😀

Sorry but he's not the choir boy the do gooders preach him to be.

Are you suggesting Goodes said that? He said nothing of the sort.

Just FYI, here's Goodes at the press conference the next day:

"It’s not her fault"

"I don’t put any blame on her"

"The person who needs the most support right now is the little girl"

"It’s not a witch hunt. I don’t want people to go after this young girl"

"I just hope that she gets some support"

"People need to cut this girl some slack"

"She’s a young kid. Kids are innocent and I’ve got no doubt in my mind she had no idea what she was calling me last night. We need to help educate her and educate society that things like this are hurtful."

That's all on the public record.

Yeah, such a tosser, is our Adam Goodes.

Have a browse through the thread multiple examples of his thuggery has already been posted 😀

Sorry but he's not the choir boy the do gooders preach him to be.
No mate, sorry, that's not how it works, you accuse a fine upstanding footballer of thuggery, it's up to you to back it up.

Otherwise you're admitting your opinion is nothing but keyboard warrior garbage.

Yes - often wonder at people in Australia claiming they are losing their right to free speech. You can say pretty much say anything you like in Australia - stand up out the front of the Town Hall if you want - and you aren't going to be arrested.
It’s the biggest rambling loud of tripe spewed by bigots. You can even have Blair Cottrell appear on national television telling an audience he doesn’t want people wearing a hijab to live here.

If that’s not free speech I don’t know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back