Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s talk about what the Europeans were doing from 1900-1945, two world wars ~100m dead about 3% of the planet’s population in WW2 alone, countless examples of war crimes. A couple of dudes called Hitler and Stalin running around.

Go on compare, tell me what “every group of people were doing at the same time”.

People are people, they all do crap things and they are all capable of amazing things regardless of race.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sure, you had a racist dude in Hitler that was taken out by the rest of the western world in the USA, Canada, England, Australia etc etc. I also see how you forgot to mention Japan in your whole WW2 rant. I guess the crimes committed by the Japanese were OK? The raping of Nanking thing wasn't such a big deal. And you forgot to mention the Chinese great revolution which ended up in how many dead? Or Pol Pot? Forgot about him eh? Edi Armin? How about the Turks and their genocide of the Armenians?
I never said the West never did anything, I said they are no worse than anyone else, and if you want to bring up examples of white issues then I will bring up other non white issues.
How about we talk about the things the West has done to change the world for the better, far in advance of anyone else? Electricity, Antibiotics, Vaccines, Education, Democracy, Separation of Church and state, first country to legalize homosexuality was European, first country to pass women's right to vote was NZ, and I could go on and on and on.

I'm keen to here the point of view of someone who thinks "white people" are responsible for everything good on the world.

Not everything, just most things.

You do know you can be found guilty with no conviction, yeah?

The NSW Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act allows criminal Courts in NSW to make a finding of guilt against someone, however not record a conviction. This means that in this situation you would be found guilty with no conviction recorded.

The Criminal Court that finds you guilty may make one of the following three Orders under Section 10 of the NSW Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act:

Directing that the charge against the person be dismissed (Section 10(1)(a)).
Discharging the person on the condition that that person enter into a good behaviour bond not exceeding two years (Section 10(1)(b)).
Discharging the person on the condition that that person enters into an agreement to participate in an intervention program and to comply with any intervention plan arising out of the program (Section 10(1)(c)).
The 3 Orders listed above provide the Criminal Court with alternatives to recording a conviction, including the option (1) to dismiss the finding of guilt outright.

Section 10(1)(b) allows the Court to dismiss the charge and not record a conviction, provided that you enter into a bond to be of good behaviour not exceeding two years. Whilst discharging you, the conviction remains temporarily on your record for the duration of the bond. Therefore if you are seeking employment or travelling, and require no convictions to be recorded, you will require a dismissal under Section 10(1)(a).

Section 10(1)(c) allows the Court to discharge you on the condition that you enter into an intervention program. Such programs are often drug, alcohol or anger management courses that assist you in dealing with issues which contributed to the offending behaviour.

The NSW Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act allows criminal Courts in NSW to make a finding of guilt against someone, however not record a conviction. This means that in this situation you would be found guilty with no conviction recorded.

The Criminal Court that finds you guilty may make one of the following three Orders under Section 10 of the NSW Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act:

Directing that the charge against the person be dismissed (Section 10(1)(a)).
Discharging the person on the condition that that person enter into a good behaviour bond not exceeding two years (Section 10(1)(b)).
Discharging the person on the condition that that person enters into an agreement to participate in an intervention program and to comply with any intervention plan arising out of the program (Section 10(1)(c)).
The 3 Orders listed above provide the Criminal Court with alternatives to recording a conviction, including the option (1) to dismiss the finding of guilt outright.

Section 10(1)(b) allows the Court to dismiss the charge and not record a conviction, provided that you enter into a bond to be of good behaviour not exceeding two years. Whilst discharging you, the conviction remains temporarily on your record for the duration of the bond. Therefore if you are seeking employment or travelling, and require no convictions to be recorded, you will require a dismissal under Section 10(1)(a).

Section 10(1)(c) allows the Court to discharge you on the condition that you enter into an intervention program. Such programs are often drug, alcohol or anger management courses that assist you in dealing with issues which contributed to the offending behaviour.
So, are you admitting now that you owe someone an apology?

So, are you admitting now that you owe someone an apology?
Why?

His contention is that dolt has never been convicted of racism

My contention is that he has - ive provided several sources that show that he has been convicted of breaching the racial discrimination act

Why am i apologising

Why?

His contention is that dolt has never been convicted of racism

My contention is that he has - ive provided several sources that show that he has been convicted of breaching the racial discrimination act

Why am i apologising
You didn't show anything of the sort, you showed he was found guilty, not convicted.

And you call people stupid, maybe you have stupid right, but just the wrong person.

You didn't show anything of the sort, you showed he was found guilty, not convicted.

And you call people stupid, maybe you have stupid right, but just the wrong person.
Ok now i get where you are coming from.

Fair play

He HAS been found guilty of BEING a racist- by virtue of his racist article.

But he hasnt been CONVICTED of racism.

I guess thats a very important semantic point to you and i apologise unreservedly for failing to take note of this. it completely changes everyones opinion of him....... or does it

I dont think so - unless as long as we can agree hes a racist pos but? Right? As he HAS been found guilty of that right?

Attachments

• 902BA329-6F7E-44C9-9DEA-0B9F9C741070.jpeg
    902BA329-6F7E-44C9-9DEA-0B9F9C741070.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 34
Ok now i get where you are coming from.

Fair play

He HAS been found guilty of BEING a racist- by virtue of his racist article.

But he hasnt been CONVICTED of racism.

I guess thats a very important semantic point to you and i apologise unreservedly for failing to take note of this. it completely changes everyones opinion of him....... or does it

I dont think so - unless as long as we can agree hes a racist pos but? Right? As he HAS been found guilty of that right?
Of course it doesn't change opinions, but like i said from the start, i wasn't arguing that.

Of course it doesn't change opinions, but like i said from the start, i wasn't arguing that.
So why are you arguing this?

Why does it even matter?

Its almost like you are trying to derail a thread with insignificant bumf.

Hes a convicted racist or has been found guilty of a racist act - what does that even matter?

Its almost like when someone has no argument instead of arguing the actual meat of a case they nibble round the edges looking for minor errors and grammatical points.

Why does it even matter?

Hes a convicted racist or has been found guilty of a racist act - what does that even matter?

Its almost like when someone has no argument instead of arguing the actual meat of a case they nibble round the edges looking for minor errors and grammatical points.
I don't think anyone can be convicted of racism as the law around racism (at least directly) is civil rather than criminal. But the semantics on this are, as you say irrelevant. Bolt was found guilty of a breach of the law involving racism. I would ordinarily say that I don't understand why someone would want to minimise this or to try to dance around this by being pedantic with wording. Having read through a decent proportion of this thread I am sorry to say I think I do understand why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it even matter?

LMAO, looking for an out to your stupidity hey?

I said right from the start i wasn't arguing about Bolt, i was laughing at how you like degrading people when you yourself have no clue.

Why does it even matter?

He is not a convicted racist.

ezgif.com-crop-copy.gif

The sentence after Bolt makes this gesture, he implies that if you go to the northern territory you'll be stabbed by Aboriginals using spears.

I mean, how are you campaigners sticking up for this crab

Attachments

• 1562745510812.png
    1562745510812.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 27
I think Goodes has made a lot of white aaussies pretty uncomfortable. He has acted very differently to other Indigenous players as he has refused to ignore racist comments. He has taken them on which is why other Indigenous players admire him. As stated by another poster he pointed out a person who racially abused him. That person happened to be a 13 year old but he wasn’t to know that. Perhaps he is the Cassius Clay of his day.

Why not. Cassius Clay challenged the role his race was given. That is exactly what Goodes is doing. Different personalities but both made the predominant race uncomfortable but not accepting their assigned role

Because Cassius/Muhammad was prepared to go to jail for his beliefs, he was thrown out of his sport at the peak of his career.

Goodes had a dummy spit because he couldn’t handle being booed and went walkabout in Bondi for a section of the footy season.

What an absolute flog.

That person happened to be a 13 year old but he wasn’t to know that.

As the voices of disquiet rose the following day he said ...

Adam Goodes said:
... when I turned around and saw it was a young girl ... and I thought it (sic) was 14 ... that was my initial thoughts ...

So here he was the following day justifying pointing this young girl out in the crowd to security and telling them to get her out, by saying that initially he'd thought she was 14 (as if that would make any difference). This girl BTW, was a few days beforehand 12. She had just turned 13 when she went to that game. Who knows, her ticket may even have been a birthday present. A birthday to remember no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back