Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As opposed to pointing her out to security to be marched out of the ground in front of thousands of people, many of whom booed at yelled abuse at her on the way? Yes. If he wanted to do something it could've waited until after the game.
I'm really glad that someone is finally sticking up for this little girl.

Years on, it's really easy to see that the feelings of one 13 year old were much more important than believing and supporting the sentiments of Australia's indigenous community. Adam has no one but himself to blame for how he abused that poor girl in front of thousands of people.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I admitted it two pages ago

Keep up.

I admitted that you have won a tiny technicality that does nothing to detract whatsoever from the fact that bolt is a racist pos.
You are way off.

I said at the start i wasn't arguing about Bolt, it was about calling someone stupid, when you yourself were the stupid one.

You were wrong and you know it, yet i haven't seen an apology yet, you argued about it all day until it dawned on you, but no, he was just derailing.

If he was, why did you keep arguing with me?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
You are way off.

I said at the start i wasn't arguing about Bolt, it was about calling someone stupid, when you yourself were the stupid one.

You were wrong and you know it, yet i haven't seen an apology yet, you argued about it all day until it dawned on you, but no, he was just derailing.

Look harder

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Your argument basically boils down to
"Racism doesn't happen every time an indigenous player takes the field, therefore it never happens."

Ten pages ago you were posting that using the term "Abo" isn't racist. (These posts i assume were reported and deleted). Maybe you just don't understand what being racist is?
No I understand that you just are defending your player to the hilt when like I said, if he was the only one being aboriginal that was constantly booed, then that tells every sensible person that it was because they didn't like him as a person. And I don't care about the abbreviated term abo as I think that is just petty saying that's racist. And it's my right to think that whether you or anybody else thinks it is.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
At what?

Are you saying you apologised to the person you called stupid?
Yes - my exact words were “i apologise unreservedly”

I have no problem with changing my mind if i feel ive been proven wrong - i also have no problem with not going to another thread and repeating something if proven wrong - unlike many other posters here.

Some time ago i posted about collingwoods easier than other vic teams draw than other melb teams and was proven wrong - i dont say that any more and have corrected other posters who have posted same.

I also dont derail threads with mindless minutae

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes - my exact words were “i apologise unreservedly”

I have no problem with changing my mind if i feel ive been proven wrong - i also have no problem with not going to another thread and repeating something if proven wrong - unlike many other posters here.

Some time ago i posted about collingwoods easier than other vic teams draw than other melb teams and was proven wrong - i dont say that any more and have corrected other posters who have posted same.

I also dont derail threads with mindless minutae
If you did then i apologise for that, but i think it was me you apologised to, not him

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Question for Goodes and his pc sycophants in the media...

If the footy public is so inherently racist, why haven’t they found another Aboriginal player to boo each week?

There's been multiple racist gestures towards aboriginal players this season.

Stop sticking up for racists please.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Question for Goodes and his pc sycophants in the media...

If the footy public is so inherently racist, why haven’t they found another Aboriginal player to boo each week?
Oh just wait till another aboriginal player sticks his head up to decry how he and his people are treated.

As long as they stfu and accept the status quo they will be fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney

augie

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
No I understand that you just are defending your player to the hilt when like I said, if he was the only one being aboriginal that was constantly booed, then that tells every sensible person that it was because they didn't like him as a person. And I don't care about the abbreviated term abo as I think that is just petty saying that's racist. And it's my right to think that whether you or anybody else thinks it is.
It is plainly racist and no-one with any level of intelligence would try to suggest it isn't. You are either trolling or stupid.

4thebloods

Senior List
Jan 5, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
He already said he knew it was a young girl straight away. No ID check required, just turned 13, pretty straightforward.

While I appreciate the rest of your comments and can genuinely see where you're coming from, for me, that's where it ends. Once he realised she was a young girl, that's where it ends, Indigenous round or not.
What about the shop owner that catches a 13 year old shoplifting. Should they call the cops or when they realise the age "that's where it ends".

Sure they are different wrongs/offences but I think racist behaviour is abhorrent and shouldn't have to be tolerated. Regardless of the age of the perpetrator.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
What about the shop owner that catches a 13 year old shoplifting. Should they call the cops or when they realise the age "that's where it ends".

Sure they are different wrongs/offences but I think racist behaviour is abhorrent and shouldn't have to be tolerated. Regardless of the age of the perpetrator.

Nope - and if that 13yo kid kills someone the same people will be in the comments section saying “should be tried as an adult”

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

The way this part of the Goodes saga was played out was SNAFU, absolutely no winners. I support Goodes right to call it out, removing the girl very publicly, from then misjudgement by literally everyone. Yes, I do have the benefit of hindsight.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
You are way off.

You want an apology, what PC guide do you use to get thru the day.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

Nope - and if that 13yo kid kills someone the same people will be in the comments section saying “should be tried as an adult”

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Hang on, are you trying to defend Bolt by implying that he is correct?

Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself a racist person?
No I'm not a racist. One of my best friends at school was aboriginal and another was of mixed race. Don't think I would've chosen them as friends if I was a racist, do you?

Just a quick question for you, remind me which aboriginal spokesperson apologised for calling Bolt a racist on Q&A again?

On LG-M700 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
It is plainly racist and no-one with any level of intelligence would try to suggest it isn't. You are either trolling or stupid.
[/QUOTE
Like I mentioned. Explain why in the last 15 years or so he is the only one booed that was aboriginal then genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back