Aboriginal & TSI INDIGENOUS PLAYERS for 2018 DRAFT.

Remove this Banner Ad

borderbarry

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
And the Indigenous Victorian kids have a lot of European blood in them. Their footy skills are diluted maybe? Although Jade Gresham is a ripper.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure how he qualifies, but ...

Robbie Campbell, a 17-year-old inside midfielder with a high work-rate and leadership qualities, is part of the Northern Territory Thunder team for the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships ... as an over-ager.

Campbell has struggled with a foot stress fracture in recent times that curbed his development, but he had some exposure in this year's 18s championships and is on his way back to full health.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-09/two-riolis-and-a-long-to-play-for-nt-under16s

Kyle Clarke has been in the bests regularly for the Murray Bush Rangers but he failed to make the Vic Country squad so it's hard to know where he sits on draft day if at all.

Neat skilled midfielder who has a knack for taking a contested mark and is in the teams leadership group. Richmond academy player.

Last edited:
That would most likely be Jake Firebrace at the Calder Cannons, although there was a Jesse Firebrace who played with them last year.

From last year's draft prospects I believe these guys are working hard for a chance again this year:
Nathan Kreuger (SA) 196cm KPP, fast and agile
Patrick Farrant (WA) 185cm med fwd with contested marking who kicks goals
Francis Kinthari (NT) 180cm sm fwd with X-factor
I was really amazed no one took a punt on Krueger last year.

Do you know what the knock on him was, because he had raw talent in spades.

Last edited:

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tyrone Hayes for Gippy Power is another who is part of our NGA.

Saw him live earlier in the year and he has all the tools. Class act.

Rumours about off field issues might be the only reason we don't take the punt on him.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mihail Lochowiak - SA State U18's. Reserves player with Sturt in the SANFL and was part of the Crows NGA..but they didn't lodge the paperwork so he is open to the draft without the crows being able to match a bid. He is projected to go very late or a rookie pick. Raw but has a great sidestep and fend off and can play

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
With the way the league is looking at going with new on field zones and bringing back the reserves competition,
each and everyone of these boys have a chance of finding their way to an AFL club.
I know on the Saints board I have been spruiking Michael Coombes, as I see him as a ready made player. Built like the proverbial brick shithouse and if he plays up to the style of his idol Byron Pickett, a lot of players are going to know about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs have two coming through the NGA this year; Lochie Dawson and Joshua Chatfield. Both have done nice things this year. This NGA initiative is a bloody ripper.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
This years crop look pretty good.
Michael Mummery, N.T. 13.6.00 185cm 87kg balanced mid - forward.
Rodney Baird. N.T. 9.3.99. 192cm defender.
Liam Holt-Fitz. N.T. 7.8.00. 174cm. 65kg. Small forward.
Dominic Grant. N.T. 21'.9.99 189cm. 77 kg. Inside mid.
Adam Sambono N.T. 24.4.97. 184cm. 69kg. Forward.
Francis Kinthari. N.T. 178cm Small Forward
Michael Coombes. Vic. 21 180cm 86kg Mid-defender (Actually from NT)

My thoughts on these players as i am from the NT and seen them play:

Mummery- Looks overweight atm, is a true HF and struggles to play in the Middle as he has a Small engine and carries too much weight for his height

Baird- Very raw and skinny, plays as a loose defender up here, not a great kick, would struggle on same height forwards with more weight.

Holt-Fitz- Small and skinny, very quick and a good kick

Grant- Injury prone, not sure if he wants to play at the highest level anymore by his body language around town, good kid

Sambono- MIA, walked away from the NT Thunder program a few months ago, raw talent

Kinthari- MIA, had a contract at NT Thunder and also walked away, heavy on the alcohol these days, quick and great skills

Coombes- Tough player, not the best kick

RoversFC

Senior List
Jun 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Dylan Curley (East Fremantle) has been invited to the WA State Combine and is from WA's midwest.

From afldraftcentral's Lenny Fogliani - "He pulled down several spectacular pack marks and his disposal inside 50 was crisp. The Mullewa junior has an exciting future!"

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2018/08/22/scouting-notes-wafl-colts-east-fremantle-vs-subiaco/

Book it. Too much athletic ability to not draft him, add the fact that he has a smart foot brain like Jack Martin, is pretty much the full package. Well behaved, not one to quit, wouldn’t have any worries about drafting him if I’m a Victorian team.

Would take Chris Scott over him though. No where near touted the same as Dylan, but is another boy from Geraldton who is as tall as Dylan. Dylan got the one league game while Chris got 7 for East Fremantle, including a string of 5 in a row, being 1 year older than Dylan helps but his body of work is much more than Dylan’s. Doesn’t quite have the freak abilities as Dylan, but is better than average in everything and has a hell of tank to run. Talks about Geelong picking him up last year, but didn’t eventuate because he didn’t come down to Perth until the final rounds of the season.

Chris might be unlucky to not get drafted, but I’d take him over Dylan every day of the week.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We have a few indigenous boys in our academy this year and one or two of them might be a rookie chance.

Timakoi Bowie, 175cm, small forward, Torres Strait
Damien Burke, 189cm, medium forward, Cook
Fitzroy Greenwool, 172cm, small forward, Gulf of Carpentaria (north-west QLD aka Charlie Cameron territory)
Tui Lowah, 175cm, small forward, Torres Strait
Ari Miles, 186cm, midfielder, Yeppoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back