Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not voting on Saturday..... Going fishing instead.... If I catch one would you lot like to see a pic?
I would. Definitely. Yes.

That's just me though - we should probably vote.

#vote1fish

Vote 2 Fish, and my preferences if needed are to go to Boat
Is that a second vote for the same fish or a vote for no 2 fish over no 1 fish, or 2 votes for the same fish, or are you trying to tell Yakka to catch and post 2 fish - and, if yes to the last, are you voting for both fish?

Cmon Dwarf - Yakka needs firm operating procedures here!

Oh my head.

Give it a rest. Guessing here that anyone old enough to dribble periodic musings or substance related nonsense on an AFL website can probably decide for themselves what shapes they would like to put on a ballot paper without assistance.

(However, I'm opening an Amway thread on this board in the near future and fully expect all of you to become my clients).
And this is why I avoid politics on this board :p

Is that a second vote for the same fish or a vote for no 2 fish over no 1 fish, or 2 votes for the same fish, or are you trying to tell Yakka to catch and post 2 fish - and, if yes to the last, are you voting for both fish?

Cmon Dwarf - Yakka needs firm operating procedures here!
Yes to the last, one fish for me and one for Yakker. And I am voting for both.

Graduate economist interview today with the Department of Treasury and Finance. Sacrifice something to your relevant god/s for me.
The drowned god will be taking my liver.
But that's tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't do great so if I get up now I'll know who has the correct god.
Honestly - you never think you did okay in the aftermath. Just don't stay awake all night revisiting the questions and playing it out in your head how, in hindsight, you should have replied (you probably will anyway - most people do).

I got a grad position some time ago on the back of an interview that when they called to tell me I had a job, I assumed instantly it was a case of mistaken identity. I still do come to think of it.

In closing, Bigfooty Melbourne board is behind you. Also, it's probably time you got drunk.

Honestly - you never think you did okay in the aftermath. Just don't stay awake all night revisiting the questions and playing it out in your head how, in hindsight, you should have replied (you probably will anyway - most people do).

I got a grad position some time ago on the back of an interview that when they called to tell me I had a job, I assumed instantly it was a case of mistaken identity. I still do come to think of it.

In closing, Bigfooty Melbourne board is behind you. Also, it's probably time you got drunk.
Yes sir! Drinking now.

Im a born pessimist but there is one thing I'm confident in and that's interviews. I remember the first time I went to an interview and didn't get the job, I was a little rattled. But on reflection I was new to the industry and was going for a job I had no right to.

I seem to be able to think on my feet and read people well in that setting. It's all about asking yourself what they want to hear and what you would want to hear if you were asking the questions. Being interviewed by an HR panel is the best as they have no idea about the job but still think they are interview gods.

#lolhr
#ebrag?

Last edited:
Im a born pessimist but there is one thing I'm confident in and that's interviews. I remember the first time I went to an interview and didn't get the job, I was a little rattled. But on reflection I was new to the industry and was going for a job I had no right to.

I seem to be able to think on my feet and read people well in that setting. It's all about asking yourself what they want to hear and what you would want to hear if you were asking the questions. Being interviewed by an HR panel is the best as they have no idea about the job but still think they are interview gods.

#lolhr
#ebrag?
That's totally different though because that's because you are so so perfect at everything in every way

#modelyourselfoncrimson

That's totally different though because that's because you are so so perfect at everything in every way

#modelyourselfoncrimson

Do you even eye word?

#propergander
#biglie
#chewbaccadefence

What makes you say that?
Drew a blank trying to come up with economic policy stuff. I'm not totally ruling myself out as I don't feel like I've been particularly eloquent in any assessment centre or interview but I keep getting though. Had a good interview earlier in the week with a department that made it a bit more informal. First one on Monday was a panel of three who were probably all younger than me and possibly doing their first interviews. They had 7 selection criteria to choose from and hit me with 7 bahavioural questions.

Not good enough Melbourne Ports. Researched polling booth to sausage sizzle performance, selected my target and got dudded with no sizzle. That plus the whole thing takes so bloody long with each voter devoting 10 minutes to origami up the stupid senate paper so you can get it through the slit in the stupid cardboard box. Plus extra five minutes staring at some of the seriously weird options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back