Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Economics preferably will settle for finance. All public sector gigs.
Economics yuk. Finance is my field, what sort of stream of finance are you looking into?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Economics yuk. Finance is my field, what sort of stream of finance are you looking into?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Had vic gov final interviews for finance for DEDJTR? and DELWP? Can't remember the acronyms. Also ATO was finance stream.

So looks like I have secured some seats for next Saturday Weagles vs the Toothless brigade. Got into Section M20 on level 1.

Did I do good? Looks like close enough to centre wing. Heading off to a nice Greek restaurant on Lonsdale street after the game. Winner winner Greek dinner

This thread needs more fish

View attachment 269676
Exceptionally handsome fish - reminds me of your avatar.

Seems a shame to eat a nice orange fish like that. Could you put it on the wall and teach it to sing don't worry be happy?

Exceptionally handsome fish - reminds me of your avatar.

Seems a shame to eat a nice orange fish like that. Could you put it on the wall and teach it to sing don't worry be happy?

This is a mangrove jack. One of the meanest hardest hitting fish in the sea. Hard to catch but great sport. I let them go (have only eaten one). Flathead on the other hand we eat about twice a week. :D:thumbsu:

I may have asked this before but where is the best place to sell Dees memorabilia?
Changed my original post as i thought you we're looking for memorabilia not selling.

Slightly off topic but are you parting way with items, if so i might be interested

So I'm taking to social media and any forums that I'm a member of to try and create awareness and hopefully prevent other people from going through what my wife and I had to endure last night.

We decided to get a video, we're old enough to still refer to them as such, so I went down to the nearest kiosk to get one; all the actual stores around us have closed over the past year. So I really wanted to get Batman v Superman, but they were all out again so I was having to trawl through whatever the leftovers to find something decent, and there I see a new Jackie Chan movie - Dragon Blade. I'm overcome with nostalgia for my youth and the great Jackie Chan movies of 'back in the day', and this one also has John Cusack and Adrien Brody so I'm thinking how bad can that be, right?

Don't do it! This was the worst movie I've seen in many years - absolute dogshit. Some indecipherable story about Roman legions clashing with a number of different cultures on the Silk Road around 50BC. Grand themes of finding friendship among those you thought of as enemies, and cultures working together harmoniously to create something grand were totally lost in no character development, horrible editing, overblown cgi and everyone just taking the whole thing so very seriously. John Cusack has been in some truly terrible movies over the last few years, but he'll look back on this as the lowlight of his career and Brody was a cartoon version of Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. Their acting was absolutely cringeworthy. I am actually a big fan of Jackie's shtick, so this made me feel very sad for him.

Top ten Jackie Chan movies (maybe in some sort of order):
1. Drunken Master 2
2. Dragons Forever
3. Armour of God
4. Police Story
5. Project A Part 1
6. Project A Part 2
7. Drunken Master
8. Crime Story
9. Fearless Hyena
10. Wheels on Meals - mostly for his fight against Benny the Jet Urquidez

Do yourself a favour and watch any of these 10 times over, or any other Jackie Chan movie - don't ever even consider watching Dragon Blade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Room" without a doubt is still the worst movie i've ever seen

Hmm, I didn't mind that. I thought the kid was sensational, but the last 20 minutes or so dragged without giving anything new.

Hmm, I didn't mind that. I thought the kid was sensational, but the last 20 minutes or so dragged without giving anything new.
We are talking about this film yeah?

We are talking about this film yeah?

Haha, OK I somehow forgot about that one! I don't know how, because you are quite correct in calling it the worst movie ever. Hilariously so!

No, I thought you were talking about another movie we saw a couple of weeks ago. A Canadian movie where a mother and son are trapped in a room by some sicko.

I suppose the difference between that and Dragon Blade is that that was clearly a low budget exercise from a bunch of people who didn't know what they were doing. Dragon Blade would have cost a lot of money with the intention of being this grand epic, but was handled Chis Dawes style.

Last edited:
So I'm taking to social media and any forums that I'm a member of to try and create awareness and hopefully prevent other people from going through what my wife and I had to endure last night.

We decided to get a video, we're old enough to still refer to them as such, so I went down to the nearest kiosk to get one...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the rest of your story, but at this point I was sure you were going to launch into an A Current Affair style expose of the last video shop owner in Australia --- and the crookedest!

Un-rewound VHSes in the wrong cases, two-years-out-of-date M&Ms near the counter, exorbitant interest on late returns, that sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the rest of your story, but at this point I was sure you were going to launch into an A Current Affair style expose of the last video shop owner in Australia --- and the crookedest!

Un-rewound VHSes in the wrong cases, two-years-out-of-date M&Ms near the counter, exorbitant interest on late returns, that sort of thing.
That's what I thought too.

In fairness, while I was denied an expose on the last video shop in Australia, Sir Hugh Percy has done the unwary a really big favour.

I too have seen Dragon Blade - for much the same or similar reasons as Sir Hugh (pretty sure we are of similar vintage). It is vomit and all readers of this thread should take heed of this warning and stay away.

Haha, I admit I was trying to give the intro to my little movie review a gravitas that it didn't deserve.

That's what I thought too.

In fairness, while I was denied an expose on the last video shop in Australia, Sir Hugh Percy has done the unwary a really big favour.

I too have seen Dragon Blade - for much the same or similar reasons as Sir Hugh (pretty sure we are of similar vintage). It is vomit and all readers of this thread should take heed of this warning and stay away.

I feel so sorry for Jackie and anyone else involved. I'm sure they all probably thought they were making some awesome sweeping epic that would sweep awards season, but then I imagine them seeing the first 10 minutes and running to their lawyers to prevent the studio from showing it to anyone.

We decided to get a video, we're old enough to still refer to them as such, so I went down to the nearest kiosk to get one; all the actual stores around us have closed over the past year. So I really wanted to get Batman v Superman, but they were all out again so I was having to trawl through whatever the leftovers to find something decent, and there I see a new Jackie Chan movie - Dragon Blade. I'm overcome with nostalgia for my youth and the great Jackie Chan movies of 'back in the day', and this one also has John Cusack and Adrien Brody so I'm thinking how bad can that be, right?

Don't do it! This was the worst movie I've seen in many years - absolute dogshit. Some indecipherable story about Roman legions clashing with a number of different cultures on the Silk Road around 50BC. Grand themes of finding friendship among those you thought of as enemies, and cultures working together harmoniously to create something grand were totally lost in no character development, horrible editing, overblown cgi and everyone just taking the whole thing so very seriously. John Cusack has been in some truly terrible movies over the last few years, but he'll look back on this as the lowlight of his career and Brody was a cartoon version of Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. Their acting was absolutely cringeworthy. I am actually a big fan of Jackie's shtick, so this made me feel very sad for him.

Top ten Jackie Chan movies (maybe in some sort of order):
1. Drunken Master 2
2. Dragons Forever
3. Armour of God
4. Police Story
5. Project A Part 1
6. Project A Part 2
7. Drunken Master
8. Crime Story
9. Fearless Hyena
10. Wheels on Meals - mostly for his fight against Benny the Jet Urquidez

Do yourself a favour and watch any of these 10 times over, or any other Jackie Chan movie - don't ever even consider watching Dragon Blade.

For similar reasons I watched a movie called "Seize the Day" with Robin Williams a few years ago. Great actor, love most of what I've seen him in. Worst movie I've ever seen. Unfortunately we have to find these things out for ourselves sometimes.

I haven't seen much Jackie Chan but I liked Shanghai Noon.

For similar reasons I watched a movie called "Seize the Day" with Robin Williams a few years ago. Great actor, love most of what I've seen him in. Worst movie I've ever seen. Unfortunately we have to find these things out for ourselves sometimes.

I haven't seen much Jackie Chan but I liked Shanghai Noon.
I'm going to make an effort to track down Sieze the Day because for a number of reasons it sounds so dreadful and I'm genuinely interested to find out whether it is worse then Dragon Blade.

Everyone likes Shanghai Noon. What a cool horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back