Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i just think i uncovered something

Round 1 vs St Kilda - Roosy's first game as a coach was against the saints
Round 2 vs Carlton - Roosy's first win as coach of melbourne was against Carlton
Round 3 vs Geelong - Roosy's last game as coach was against Carlton
Round 4 vs Fremantle - Roosy's ex team mate coaches fremantle
Round 5 vs Richmond - The only team Roosy beat every year
Round 6 vs essendon - Roosy's worst loss
Round 7 vs Hawthorn - Roosy's best win

7 rounds, roosy finished coaching sydney in 2010. 2010 + 7 = 2017

Roosy confirmed to return to melbourne 2017, either that or...
#RoosyIsIlluminatiConfirmed
Long offseason getting to you Darthsidusfan? I hear ya

Sharing music is often a futile experience; everyone has diverse tastes and brings something of their own to every record they listen to. The song I hear is not the song you hear – hence wars starting.

Anyway. I wanted to chuck this out there because I'm digging it at the moment. Maybe someone else will dig it too. Seems especially poignant in the current climate.

I am keen to see what other people are listening to as well.

Sharing music is often a futile experience; everyone has diverse tastes and brings something of their own to every record they listen to. The song I hear is not the song you hear – hence wars starting.

Anyway. I wanted to chuck this out there because I'm digging it at the moment. Maybe someone else will dig it too. Seems especially poignant in the current climate.

I am keen to see what other people are listening to as well.

Great song.

I'm in a Paul Simon phase after seeing a documentary lately about him making Graceland with these African musicians. I was listening to "the Essential Paul Simon" for a bit - but while those "best of" compilations are handy and have selections of the biggest hits, what you don't get is the full musical narrative arc that builds across the whole album. So I went and bought Graceland yesterday and was listening to that. It's genius. Which led me to re-visit some Simon and Garfunkle CDs which suddenly inspired me to go get a copy of the Graduate which I re-watched while hulling a kilo of strawberries.

I've just started holidays and don't return to work until January which is nice. Hence the music and movie mini binge. I want to get in a relaxed holiday mood so I have fished out Pet Sounds which I am going to work through while making strawberry and rhubarb jam to give to random family members for Christmas. God only knows where I'd be without them.

I am pleasantly surprised at how many younger people (well under 25 ) are getting into music from the 60's , 70's and 80's. Its a sign of just how timeless some of those era's music is . Now if we could get live bands back into the pubs like back then , when nearly every pub had a band on .....sigh

I am pleasantly surprised at how many younger people (well under 25 ) are getting into music from the 60's , 70's and 80's. Its a sign of just how timeless some of those era's music is . Now if we could get live bands back into the pubs like back then , when nearly every pub had a band on .....sigh
I am one of those, i find modern pop which is all over the radio very bad

I'm pleased about that too - though I don't qualify as a younger person in this scenario (but I'm not quite Pet Sounds vintage either).

I'm getting too lazy to follow current music trends. I'm sure some of the artists are excellent - but one of the advantages of the passage of time is that it tests the staying power of music. Whereas current music is all out there unfiltered.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, however I was curious about the status of Jesse Hogans journalistic namesake who had a stroke earlier this year, so I googled him.

turns out he recently tweeted this

and I also found this Emma Quayle article from a few months back
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/jesses-...d-many-more-things-to-do-20160819-gqwmi0.html

It sounds like a devastating stroke, though he is on the long road to recovery and I'm glad to hear he's doing ok now.

Hey - it's my birthday. I'm going to Cafe di Stasio for dinner. Until then I'm dividing my time between reading my Rick Stein cookbooks and playing with Lego while chewing nicotine gum.

Edit: I think it's also day of the dead in Mexico.

How was di Stasio? One of my good mates used to work the grill there, great food. Had a suckling pig there once which was amazing

Happy belated b'day, I haven't opened this thread for awhile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was di Stasio? One of my good mates used to work the grill there, great food. Had a suckling pig there once which was amazing

Happy belated b'day, I haven't opened this thread for awhile
Thank you. Di Stasio is still excellent and I had the suckling pig for a main - I've had it there before and it must be about the best thing on the menu. Though my partner had an incredible looking steak so I was almost jealous (I totally suffer from food envy at restaurants). What I really like about their menu is that the food is essentially simple, classic Italian but great quality and prepared really well.

And Billy Brownless was there (and loud) but I kept a distance.

Thank you. Di Stasio is still excellent and I had the suckling pig for a main - I've had it there before and it must be about the best thing on the menu. Though my partner had an incredible looking steak so I was almost jealous (I totally suffer from food envy at restaurants). What I really like about their menu is that the food is essentially simple, classic Italian but great quality and prepared really well.

And Billy Brownless was there (and loud) but I kept a distance.
Tough to beat good authentic Italian IMO.
I am 31 yet still ensure both the Mrs and I pick a dish we each like as restaurants so we can do a bit of a switcheroo halfway through.
Unless of course hers comes out and looks a bit sh*t, then she's on her own.

My missus gets the worst order envy at restaurants. I'm not particularly adventurous from a culinary perspective, so I generally stick to the tried and trusted meals, half the time it forces her to do the same just in case mine is better than what she had in mind. She spends a fair bit of time deliberating on it all, which can get pretty annoying when my beer depends on her making a decision.

My missus gets the worst order envy at restaurants. I'm not particularly adventurous from a culinary perspective, so I generally stick to the tried and trusted meals, half the time it forces her to do the same just in case mine is better than what she had in mind. She spends a fair bit of time deliberating on it all, which can get pretty annoying when my beer depends on her making a decision.
I tend to order whatever is on the menu that I wouldn't be likely to make at home - so dishes that would involve picking a crab (horrible task - would much rather someone else do it) or unusual cooking techniques will attract me. Problem is, if there is any version of a steak at any good restaurant my partner will rarely go past it - then I have to cope with my food envy because while I would often have steak at home, therefore less likely to order it out, it's never going to be the same home cooked as seared at high temperature on a commercial flame grill. Grrrrr. Probably for the best that tapas-style share plates are all the rage or I would spend most nights out indecisive and bad-tempered in turn.

I tend to order whatever is on the menu that I wouldn't be likely to make at home - so dishes that would involve picking a crab (horrible task - would much rather someone else do it) or unusual cooking techniques will attract me. Problem is, if there is any version of a steak at any good restaurant my partner will rarely go past it - then I have to cope with my food envy because while I would often have steak at home, therefore less likely to order it out, it's never going to be the same home cooked as seared at high temperature on a commercial flame grill. Grrrrr. Probably for the best that tapas-style share plates are all the rage or I would spend most nights out indecisive and bad-tempered in turn.
I am the same as your partner ... first stop is always the steak options!

I like to order duck when I go out.

I never seem to cook it as well at home. whether it be Asian or European style of cooking they just do it better.

As for steak, I rarely order it as I feel I can cook a steak better than you can get it at most restaurants, and along with that I like to get black angus, beef from king island or a quality provider that is dry aged. Try the Vic market for good meat. There is a guy there who always has exceptional meat. He doesn't roar and bellow and is ne way near as cheap as everyone else there but the meat quality is exceptional.

Also I can crack open a good quality bottle of wine for a fraction of the price at a restaurant.

I'm the same re ordering more unusual things at restaurants that aren't in my own repertoire as a cook. Usually duck or venison (or any game really, I don't make much at home).
Steaks and pastas I usually skip, except gnocchi, since I've ballsed it up too often at home and great gnocchi is a thing of beauty.

I'm the same re ordering more unusual things at restaurants that aren't in my own repertoire as a cook. Usually duck or venison (or any game really, I don't make much at home).
Steaks and pastas I usually skip, except gnocchi, since I've ballsed it up too often at home and great gnocchi is a thing of beauty.
Venison is piss easy. Venison loin you cook exactly like roo, and just for slightly less time then a beef fillet. Costs a poultice though. Other bits of venison I will casserole which is hard to really balls up.

I like really good gnocchi too, and I've never mastered it.

Venison is piss easy. Venison loin you cook exactly like roo, and just for slightly less time then a beef fillet. Costs a poultice though. Other bits of venison I will casserole which is hard to really balls up.

I like really good gnocchi too, and I've never mastered it.
yes there is a fine line between really good gnocci and rubber bullets .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back