Analysis Individual Player Analysis Pre 2018 Season - Blake Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Was surprised that he finished 14th in BnF. Thought he would be top 10 for sure. Maybe some insiders can post some of his deficiencies.

My read on that would be that he probably just did his job consistently well but probably not to that extra level. A bit how like Sicily won all the plaudits late in the year and Burton won a lot of them for the first 2/3 of the season - both of them have a flashy X factor about them. Hardwick is just the guy in the trenches who allows players like Burton and Sicily to shine. Possibly he has a few more tricks up his sleeve he can show us as he develops - but if he just keeps being a composed, consistent and effective defender I’ll be more than chuffed.

As insane as it sounds - he’s my favourite of the 3.

Disposal efficiency isn’t kicking efficiency ;)

I never suggested different - in fact I openly stated the top 5 stat was likely kicking efficiency and not disposal efficiency. I wasn’t trying to correct RWTP originally - the 14th in the league thing was just something I was typing to spruik Hardwick as I remembered it from defending him in another thread where someone said he had an average season.

My read on that would be that he probably just did his job consistently well but probably not to that extra level. A bit how like Sicily won all the plaudits late in the year and Burton won a lot of them for the first 2/3 of the season - both of them have a flashy X factor about them. Hardwick is just the guy in the trenches who allows players like Burton and Sicily to shine. Possibly he has a few more tricks up his sleeve he can show us as he develops - but if he just keeps being a composed, consistent and effective defender I’ll be more than chuffed.

As insane as it sounds - he’s my favourite of the 3.

I reckon he has Dusty Martin written all over him. If he builds his tank, could be anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back