Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Wolverhampton
heading_zps0e1bf917.gif

Reopened: Closing TBC
Open to anyone.

EDITED RULES: Can use any template and design is more open (I think they were too constrained)

IMPORTANT no reworking of existing logos, from vector sites or sportslogo.net, use them as inspiration.

The Indochina Bulldogs are looking for their colours.

Story:
Over the past few months there has been the movement of getting an Indochina all star team together for the AFL Nationals 2015. A few months ago, the Indochina Cup was held, teams from Thailand Tigers, Vietnam Swans, Cambodia Eagles, Laos Elephants and...Myanmar Fighting utensils competed. This is a yearly event.

During this event an All-star team of nationals and players with parent heritage played against an Australian all star team. The Indochina Stars were born as they took charge and beat the Australian All stars soundly.

Special mentions to ex-Eagle Andrew Embley who was coach for the Indochina Team, (his father was born in Myanmar), as well as Laos with their national sprint champion playing for the elephants.
After the Asia Champs held in October, the team name was decided; The Indochina Bulldogs. Perhaps as the colours are on each national flag, and Rut Ngarmariyakul (Thai rep) the organiser of the first Indochina Allstars is a huge Doggies fan.

See photos here: http://tinyurl.com/o93fhk2

Next year, the Indochina Bulldogs have a good chance of travelling to travel to Indonesia to play against the Indonesian Garuda AFL International team.

Competition
1. Create an original Indochina Bulldogs logo.

2. Create a playing jumper
Take reference from Western Bulldogs, past or present.

Files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqqos9hagt8wdqg/indochina_bulldogs.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cba3yj1x4x3ygkx/template_comp.psd?dl=0 <-psd template
Includes: gif and eps formats: country flags, AFL Asia Logo, guernsey template (to be used for final)

Rules:
A. 1 or 2 designs, (if 2 then try and make them very different.)
B. Must use the AFL ASIA logo
C. Winner(s) accept that Indochina Bulldogs have the full use and right of the design(s) chosen.
D. Winner(s) will be announced on Bigfooty forum and AFL Asia website.
E. Winner(s) will provide all original artwork for use, and will accept any editing that might be required.

Extra:
You don't have to do both, you can focus on the logo only or the jumper...or even team up.
Can include additional supporting detail imagery if required to showcase your design.
Can include descriptive paragraph to explain your design(s) as part of your entry.
You don't have to use the flags, they are just there for reference, just remember Rule D.
Colours can be the generic shades, does not need to be reference from the flags, you don't even have to use all of them, just remember Rule D.
It is okay to submit your entries on one image as long as you use the template/outline design.
There is no issue if you rework old designs and redirect it to the Indochina theme, just follow the above conditions, but they must be yours and not another designers.

Submit:
Images(s) to be uploaded to this forum. So you will need to register if you are new.

Prize:
Not completely locked in, as requires full agreement, but one signed jumper from the team. But to begin with full recognition on websites, AFL ASIA, FB and other write ups when relevant.
Extra bonus if you ever travel to any of these countries as you will receive the full hospitality of the players, unless you already live there.

Judges:
Players and Reps from the Indochina Bulldogs.

Please add any comments or questions below and I will update and discuss if required.

First comp posting, so I am sure there are plenty of questions and bugs to iron out.

Cheers

Note: I will be also entering the comp, but will not be judge or take part in any decisions concerning final choices.

Special Mentions:

Get Behind Me Organisation
https://www.facebook.com/getbehindme?fref=nf

Last edited:

Never posted on here before, how do I submit a design?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to all those who have already submitted some designs. There is a week to go before this closes.

Hopefully like all designers, everything happens under the pump, would love to see some more developed.

indochina_bulldogs_jumper01_zps8751013b.gif

indochina_bulldogs_jumper02_zpsf41bd440.gif

indochina_bulldogs_logo01_zpsb1cd76a1.gif

indochina_bulldogs_logo02_zps1433c86a.gif

Second Guernsey back graphic was just thrown together, needs a fair bit more work for layout and for the different art pieces to fit together.

Thanks to all those that spared some time to work on this comp. I will await another day incase there are some late entries and then put all the entries together for the committee to go through.

Thanks again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back