Indoor Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonzo

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2000
usually a bar!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Managed to get a ticket to the Medallion Club to see Bulldogs v's Lions, hey I don't support either side but I couldn't knock back the chance to suss it out.

Some thoughts:

The atmosphere/noise inside Colonial with a full house and the roof close will be sensational.

The best seats in the house reserved for Medallion members (2nd level, right behind the interchange benches) were wasted on the tossers that were occupying them. There was no atmosphere on that side of the ground. All the noise was generated on the other side of the ground, where the mug supporter was sitting.

The in-chair tellies are a waste of time, have to be folded away every time someone wants to get past. You get the same footage as that on the big screen or channel 7 footage (why would you bother!!) or a selection of other sports or channel 7 stuff. (some clown was even watching the movie while the game was on!!!)

The bars are pretty good and easy to get to though!

Watching footy from level 2 was as good as it gets (you can hear the calls/bumps) however next time I would try and get on the other side of the ground amongst the real footy supporter.

One last thing, off topic, that computer generated bulldog on the big screen just has to go!!!

Just some random observations

Cheers

Gonzo

reckon they'll close the roof for Eags v Bombers, later this year ???? I can imagine a packed house of only Bomber fans, a closed roof, and a bunch of eagles players thinking "oh s**t". The noise factor will be amazing.
In some dome stadiums in the NFL, they actually put huge microphones on the crowd to amplify the noise over and over. Wonder if thats an idea for colonial ????? Anyway- watching that round 1 game, it seemed like a real home ground advantage for the bombers- having their fans so close that they could actually influence the umps into a few dodgy calls (sort of thing that you usually get in Adelaide or Perth)-
I can imagine a few teams really getting rattled in there this year. Cant wait to visit myself.......
anyway ive crapped on enough now........

------------------
BOMBERS REIGN SUPREME.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back