#indyref2 Scotland and the second independence referendum

Remove this Banner Ad

What uttter drivel. I would gladly see England become independent of Scotland and Wales. Cant come quick enough.

Swing and a miss again champ. What you think makes little difference to me. But the decision to ALLOW scottish people to vote on a ref. has to come from Westminister. You were whinging about the same about some other union a few years ago. I am happy to see UK out too. Big deal.

And anyone with an IQ in single figures could see the report is deliberately to shame the Scottish Government. There's no modelling of what would happen if the Scots left and were to join the EU. Just more biased crap. Imperialist meds and his rule britannia mentality on show. Next you'll be demanding brown people worship the ground you walk on for saving them from tyranny.

Wow, figbooty has now reached peak ignorance. See GERS figures.

Mod on here asleep at the wheel again allowing such floggery to continually infest threads with unhinged drivel mixed with pathetic lies.

You are on a par with the weapons grade clot running London who claimed in March 2016.

“Construction remains on time and within the funding envelope of £14.8 billion,” he reassured members. “Overall, the project is more than 72 per cent complete.”

Wow, figbooty has now reached peak ignorance. See GERS figures.

Mod on here asleep at the wheel again allowing such floggery to continually infest threads with unhinged drivel mixed with pathetic lies.

You are on a par with the weapons grade clot running London who claimed in March 2016.

“Construction remains on time and within the funding envelope of £14.8 billion,” he reassured members. “Overall, the project is more than 72 per cent complete.”
Liars gonna lie. Just like how Covid is just the flu hey meds?

Supreme Court says Scottish Government can't hold a referendum without UK government permission.

Now the fun and games begins.

Hold the line, Nicola! With the Tories down in London semingly being as reelectable as a semi-solid mass of diarrhea at the moment a new incoming government might change direction on this and actually 'give' Scotland its rightful democratic voice to determine its own future.

Yes, it did previously allow a referendum in 2014, where a majority voted to remain in the Union of Great Britain. That was before Brexit however. Brexit changed the game.

If a majority of Scottish voters AGAIN vote for the Scottish Nationalist Party, whose main focus is on independence from the Union, at the next election would this not be the clearest mandate yet?

Hold the line, Nicola! With the Tories down in London semingly being as reelectable as a semi-solid mass of diarrhea at the moment a new incoming government might change direction on this and actually 'give' Scotland its rightful democratic voice to determine its own future.

Yes, it did previously allow a referendum in 2014, where a majority voted to remain in the Union of Great Britain. That was before Brexit however. Brexit changed the game.

If a majority of Scottish voters AGAIN vote for the Scottish Nationalist Party, whose main focus is on independence from the Union, at the next election would this not be the clearest mandate yet?

Yeah, albeit a plausibly electable Labour party at Westminster is bad news for Nicola too. They've been the de facto opposition for a decade plus because UK Labour effectively collapsed.

But if Starmer aims to win in England and keeps his Brexit is done and dusted, we're not going back there stance, it's not going to play well in Scotland.

Yeah, albeit a plausibly electable Labour party at Westminster is bad news for Nicola too. They've been the de facto opposition for a decade plus because UK Labour effectively collapsed.

But if Starmer aims to win in England and keeps his Brexit is done and dusted, we're not going back there stance, it's not going to play well in Scotland.

True. Starmer's gameplan has been for more devolution for Scotland but within the Union instead of a full breakup hasn't it? I forgot about the half-measure of devolution.

I think, hope rather, that both Labour Brexiteers (or rather the 'it's just too hard to revisit now' people) and Labour Unionists will help keep the S.N.P's numbers shored up.

What do you mean, that's excellent news for the SNP. It means they won't lose seats to Labour and the desire for independence will continue to grow due to all the Scots who want back in the EU.

Looks like the SNP is falling apart. Are the Scottish capable of self governance?

I bet Scottish independence is off the table for another 300 years

Looks like the SNP is falling apart. Are the Scottish capable of self governance?

I bet Scottish independence is off the table for another 300 years

People might lose faith in the SNP, but independence itself is a goal above politics. Maybe the SNP makes a transparent show of cleaning house, maybe a new party forms. Scottish independence, especially post-Brexit independence, I feel will not suffer quite as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People might lose faith in the SNP, but independence itself is a goal above politics. Maybe the SNP makes a transparent show of cleaning house, maybe a new party forms. Scottish independence, especially post-Brexit independence, I feel will not suffer quite as much.
Never gonna happen.

Never gonna happen.

I freely admit it's not a good look for the SNP right now. I don't think people will start voting Tory over this though. Indies and Unionists have too different a midset for their voters to flip and flop on a whim. The middle ground, I don't know yet.

I wonder if Nicola knew something before she stepped down? It will be interesting to see what happens next.

I freely admit it's not a good look for the SNP right now. I don't think people will start voting Tory over this though. Indies and Unionists have too different a midset for their voters to flip and flop on a whim. The middle ground, I don't know yet.

I wonder if Nicola knew something before she stepped down? It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back