Analysis Inexperience watch

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to be wary of having too many very young or very inexperienced players - we don't have that issue. Wilmot the only baby. Dev and Payne are 21 and 22 and played finals before, are the next least experienced.

As others have mentioned there are diminishing returns to age and experience.

You could see Geelong's age and experience being a real weapon vs say Freo atm.

But on these stats, we won't lose this because we are too young or inexperienced. It's a good profile.

You need to be wary of having too many very young or very inexperienced players - we don't have that issue. Wilmot the only baby. Dev and Payne are 21 and 22 and played finals before, are the next least experienced.

As others have mentioned there are diminishing returns to age and experience.

You could see Geelong's age and experience being a real weapon vs say Freo atm.

But on these stats, we won't lose this because we are too young or inexperienced. It's a good profile.

Not sure Geelong's age is a weapon. I expect Lions to run all over them if we can keep it close in the first half. Pressure will mount on Geelong if we keep it close, especially as its a knock out 👍

Some extra discussion or will you have to resort to actually tagging Jivlain?

Either way I'd suspect we would have similar levels of experience even with having Ashcroft, Wilmot and Tunstill dragging down the numbers a little
An unavailable 34 year old Zorko also lowers the average age and games experience.

I'll have you know I've been very busy today working on my midlife crisis
The easy solution to my midlife crisis was to redefine how long I planned on living for. If you extend it, you can push out the crisis starting point. If you decrease it, you can skip your midlife crisis altogether because it's all in the past now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The easy solution to my midlife crisis was to redefine how long I planned on living for. If you extend it, you can push out the crisis starting point. If you decrease it, you can skip your midlife crisis altogether because it's all in the past now.
I went through a mid life crisis at 33, result bought a pub. Went through another one at 58, result separation.

I don't expect to live long enough to have another one.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 01-46-39 - Upcoming Games.png

Port Adelaide Brisbane
(0 to 10 games)03
0 to 24 games23
100 to 199 games89
200+ games23
25 to 49 games33
50 to 99 games74
Age26.1025.80
Finals played4.237.77
Games played96.64105.95
Height187.95188.36

Interactive version

Teams which are older than ours this weekend:
  1. Geelong (28)
  2. Collingwood (28)
  3. Richmond (28)
  4. Bulldogs (27.5)
  5. West Coast (26.7)
  6. Port Adelaide (26.1)
  7. Carlton (26)
Worrying for some of them

Last edited:
I went through a mid life crisis at 33, result bought a pub. Went through another one at 58, result separation.

I don't expect to live long enough to have another one.

Next aim is mode of death.... I am hoping to go around the age of 80 murdered by the jealous husband of a super model.

I would've thought you'd be aiming for at least 116, given your second midlife crisis.

Was reading through all the mid-life crisis stuff and got blindsided by the graph for the experience for the game ... looked up and yep it was the inexperience-watch (wonder if that is still the right thread title now - ah well we are all used to it) ... I had been lulled into thinking I was on the random thread ;)

Oh and M Malice do we ,,want'' to know what you did at 58 or best to leave it quiet?

View attachment 1631563

Port Adelaide Brisbane
(0 to 10 games)03
0 to 24 games23
100 to 199 games89
200+ games23
25 to 49 games33
50 to 99 games74
Age26.1025.80
Finals played4.237.00
Games played96.64106.00
Height187.95188.36

Interactive version

Teams which are older than ours this weekend:
  1. Geelong (28)
  2. Collingwood (28)
  3. Richmond (28)
  4. Bulldogs (27.5)
  5. West Coast (26.7)
  6. Port Adelaide (26.1)
  7. Carlton (26)
Worrying for some of them
What’s the bet that all the talk will be about Collingwood being such a young team.

Was reading through all the mid-life crisis stuff and got blindsided by the graph for the experience for the game ... looked up and yep it was the inexperience-watch (wonder if that is still the right thread title now - ah well we are all used to it) ... I had been lulled into thinking I was on the random thread ;)

Oh and M Malice do we ,,want'' to know what you did at 58 or best to leave it quiet?
34 year marriage ended and I became a single trekking Yogi looking for his place in the Universe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back