Analysis Inexperience watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 2021 vs Carlton

We are certainly coming into that sweet spot with age/experience. Few years ago it always seemed to be around 60-70 games experience. So refreshing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have dropped below the 100 game average so i wondered if that had happened before in 2021
Going back over this thread i was pleased to see that we beat the Pies with an average just shy of 100
So now feel a bit better

Once you lose two 100 game players and replace them with two players under 10 games, its going to have an impact. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that it has dropped to just below 100.

Our best side would have three players above 120 games added in (Lester, Neale, Gardiner), plus Berry (77 games) and presumably 4 players under 50 games out. So quite a difference to the average.

Once you lose two 100 game players and replace them with two players under 10 games, its going to have an impact. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that it has dropped to just below 100.

Our best side would have three players above 120 games added in (Lester, Neale, Gardiner), plus Berry (77 games) and presumably 4 players under 50 games out. So quite a difference to the average.
Yes i understand all that

Over the years it is the increase in experience and the type of players that is responsible for our rise to a top 4 side
This is why i prefer our team to be over 100 games rather than under
The more over 100 the better chance we have of winning any given game
Geelong are a good example of why they have been so good over the years
They have an insane average from year to year recently
Just looking at this weekends game their average is 138. I could pick any game for them
In our loss to Geelong in the PF they had 162 games experience to our 114

Round 11 2021 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back