Infraction Notices Issued for 34 EFC Players: The Age, 14/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL has given at least two former Essendon players permission to play competitive games in the Northern Territory Football League despite them being issued with infraction notices.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...spite-infraction-notices-20141128-11vwbh.html

What an absolute joke the AFL is! Absolutely no integrity

The Commission has absolute discretion as to whether players should be provisionally suspended or not (noting that the AFL has seen a summary of the evidence, and is in a position to make such a call).

The Commission has absolute discretion as to whether players should be provisionally suspended or not (noting that the AFL has seen a summary of the evidence, and is in a position to make such a call).
Was going to reply to your comment, but would be wasting too much time trying to talk sense to you.

However I hope they win on a technicality, and all the AFL fans give them a hard time for being drug cheats

Have zero respect for the players

The players were provisionally suspended according to an article previously

The players were provisionally suspended according to an article previously
I'm sure the AFL can toggle it if they like. There's no mechanism that says they can't. It would just mean any penalties would presumably not start until/if a provisional suspension was finally accepted

Was going to reply to your comment, but would be wasting too much time trying to talk sense to you.

However I hope they win on a technicality, and all the AFL fans give them a hard time for being drug cheats

Have zero respect for the players

Well, if we are to now start talking logic and sense, let us all at least begin on a solid foundation, being that from this point on, the AFL has zero bearing on the outcome of the case before the AFL anti-doping tribunal.

If ASADA's case is weak, then it's weak, I'm not sure what the point is of anyone wringing their hands over it.

Lovett-Murray's manager Peter Jess said the fact the players had been allowed to play suggested that the Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority's case was not on solid footing.

"I'm hypothesising, but that they are allowing this to happen is an indicator of the possible penalty regime," Jess said.

What a stupid comment

What a stupid comment

I sort of agree that it's not Jess' place to be making a comment like that (unless he has heard it from the horse's mouth), but if he is guessing, then it's inappropriate, and even if he has heard it directly from the horse's mouth, it's probably still inappropriate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While this is within the AFL's purview*, it's a pretty bad look for the game IMO.

Yes, this is an In the Loop reference, with all that entails.

I sort of agree that it's not Jess' place to be making a comment like that (unless he has heard it from the horse's mouth), but if he is guessing, then it's inappropriate, and even if he has heard it directly from the horse's mouth, it's probably still inappropriate.

How could he hear it from the Horse's mouth, the Horse's mouth are the Tribunal, it is not up to the AFL to decide whether it is a weak case

How could he hear it from the Horse's mouth, the Horse's mouth are the Tribunal, it is not up to the AFL to decide whether it is a weak case

Yes, I agree, but we know that Dillon (at least) has reviewed the summary of the evidence, and given what he had first hand knowledge of back in August 2013 (when both the AFL and ASADA were in agreement that there was insufficient evidence of use of TB4), you would think he is in a position to come to a professional opinion on the strength of ASADA's case.

Of course it would be unprofessional of him to pass on his thoughts willy nilly, but clearly, somehow, those opinions have been passed on.

Unfortunately, the only way the AFL will listen, is if people stop buying memberships, and stop going to games.

So people like myself, will be forced to punish our own clubs in order to make a point.

If we don't, the AFL will see their handling of this as a success and just move on.

Outside of this forum, footy fans are sick and tired of hearing about it. True, some will try and whip up a frenzied response if the AFL anti-doping tribunal throws out the case, but it would then be incumbent on Gil to explain to the public that the tribunal is independent of the AFL.

Yes, I agree, but we know that Dillon (at least) has reviewed the summary of the evidence, and given what he had first hand knowledge of back in August 2013 (when both the AFL and ASADA were in agreement that there was insufficient evidence of use of TB4), you would think he is in a position to come to a professional opinion on the strength of ASADA's case.

Of course it would be unprofessional of him to pass on his thoughts willy nilly, but clearly, somehow, those opinions have been passed on.

Have they. Other players are provisionally suspended, maybe we can make Assumptions that the cases against them are black & white then. Funny conclusions that can be drawn if you don't look at the full picture.

I'm sure the AFL can toggle it if they like. There's no mechanism that says they can't. It would just mean any penalties would presumably not start until/if a provisional suspension was finally accepted

I'm sure that's exactly what they are doing, with the IR series and now these games up north.

It just sends out mixed messages, outrage on one side and maybe false hope to the other.

I'm starting to feel indifferent to the whole fiasco now TBH, absolute joke the amount of time it has dragged on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back