Injured player status updates

Remove this Banner Ad

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where is Clinton Young at at the moment.
There was talk on these boards around about trade week that he might have a career ending injury, but havent heard any more news.
Does anyone know where he is at.....?
Is he back in some sort of training

Are there any other players that wont be ready (aside from Croady.....and Burgoyne) who are not training with the main group as yet.....

Good timing. I was out to lunch today with a bunch of people, and was told by someone (who really would know) that Young and Burgoyne will resume full training after Xmas.

Young, by all accounts, is making great progress. Hell, that dude who wrote that piece of fiction in The Age a couple of months back claiming that Clint was good for the glue heap, must be kind of feeling a bit stupid about now.

I gathered Clint was going pretty well, but good to hear Grizz.

I am only certain on the condition about one player that is in our rehab group, and that Burgoyne. Pretty Much what Grizz said. The injury is not on-going either from what I've been told.

If he doesn't have any other hiccups or unlucky hiccups, enjoy the ride from our No.9 next year. He will be a jet. Not that anyone needs convincing. ;)

Other notable rehab players: Franklin, Gilham, Bateman, Tuck, Bailey, Stokes, and Croad.

I am hopeful (don't have any information on it) that Tuck, Gilham, Bateman, Franklin will all be close to training with the main group and are 100% early January.

Croad, Bailey, and Stokes are the longer term injuries. Hopefully.

Looking forward to see who is training hard around Mid-Jan.

I am hopeful (don't have any information on it) that Tuck, Gilham, Bateman, Franklin will all be close to training with the main group and are 100% early January.

Croad, Bailey, and Stokes are the longer term injuries. Hopefully.

Looking forward to see who is training hard around Mid-Jan.

Thanks DJ, Tuck's an interesting one. I don't have much info on him, but talking in generalities here, he really struggled with injury this year, and had an operation a couple of months back. Really didn't hear much about it in the press or around here - just the usual idiotic voices calling for his delisting or trading.

One general observation: we're traveling so much better than last year it 'aint funny. Not just in terms of injuries but also the fitness levels, progress and motivation of the players.

New coaching staff, and the very impressive BB down at Box Hill, really making a mark.

and if you listen to Mike Sheehan on 5AA we may as well just dig and hole and bury Junior Burger.

Thanks DJ, Tuck's an interesting one. I don't have much info on him, but talking in generalities here, he really struggled with injury this year, and had an operation a couple of months back. Really didn't hear much about it in the press or around here - just the usual idiotic voices calling for his delisting or trading.

One general observation: we're traveling so much better than last year it 'aint funny. Not just in terms of injuries but also the fitness levels, progress and motivation of the players.

New coaching staff, and the very impressive BB down at Box Hill, really making a mark.

I agree on Tuck, has had injury troubles all his career. Clearly restricted again in 2009. Lets just hope we give him a chance to play at 100%.

Haha, the way we are training with personel out on the park this pre-season will see a vastly different Hawthorn on the field in 2010 compared to 2009. I can't think of a team having a worse pre-season in the last few years than we did last year. That is what happens to young teams that play high impact games all season and deep in finals, with our ages and list situation, the team wasn't really designed to play deep into September. Such a great achievment our 2008. This pre-season will allow us to prepare much more match simulations and greater fitness bases.

Brendan Bolton is an outstanding coach, I think he might be an AFL senior coach within 5 years. I hope we utilise him as an assistant after he has one more year at Box Hill. Great with his players, really good understanding of the game, and complements Clarkson very well. Great find.

and if you listen to Mike Sheehan on 5AA we may as well just dig and hole and bury Junior Burger.

Haha, if I didn't know anything about the situation I still wouldn;t be worried. We traded for him, so the least we would do is a medical which would be done thorughly to a player that has just had knee surgery. If it was a risk that was high, you wouldn't trade for him, or that would be logic anyway.

There is a certain personal reason he left Port, something I have no idea what it is, but through observing body language he must have had a bad falling out with someone- not Choco, they are great with each other.

Haha, if I didn't know anything about the situation I still wouldn;t be worried. We traded for him, so the least we would do is a medical which would be done thorughly to a player that has just had knee surgery. If it was a risk that was high, you wouldn't trade for him, or that would be logic anyway.

There is a certain personal reason he left Port, something I have no idea what it is, but through observing body language he must have had a bad falling out with someone- not Choco, they are great with each other.

Mike prattled on about how disconcerting it is that "he still isnt running".. and that the knee is shot.. that he couldnt even make it to Kokoda...said "you'd have thought they'd have done a medical". LMAO at that one. They all muttered and agreed at how badly it will bite the hawks if he cant get on the track...

Lets not stress too much about his conflicts... lets just feel pretty damn chuffed he fits in so well with Clarko, Ricky Mc, Andrew R and the boys. He'll burn! And the #9 will be a weight that will force him to stand tall.

Mike prattled on about how disconcerting it is that "he still isnt running".. and that the knee is shot.. that he couldnt even make it to Kokoda...said "you'd have thought they'd have done a medical". LMAO at that one. They all muttered and agreed at how badly it will bite the hawks if he cant get on the track...

Lets not stress too much about his conflicts... lets just feel pretty damn chuffed he fits in so well with Clarko, Ricky Mc, Andrew R and the boys. He'll burn! And the #9 will be a weight that will force him to stand tall.

Haha, in fairness to Mike, he needs something to talk about. ;)

I expect a top 5 brownlow finish if he plays 22 games.

Brendan Bolton is an outstanding coach, I think he might be an AFL senior coach within 5 years. I hope we utilise him as an assistant after he has one more year at Box Hill. Great with his players, really good understanding of the game, and complements Clarkson very well. Great find.

100% agree. He's also a teacher and leader - rare combination. Watched him very closely during the finals win we had against the cats - very, very impressive. He had the players so focused.

Can someone please update the full story on Whitecross?

I read some snippet about hip surgery (I think) somewhere, but haven't been able to find mention of it after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys im just wondering if Junior Burger is on track for round 1. With the Hawks being my second favourite team with ties through friends and Shaun Burgoyne my favourite non Lions player I will try to watch quite a few games next year and will support them for everyone bar Brissy;) Shaun will be top 10 brownlow if he plays 20+ games next year because he won't always have the nuber one tag! He will play the best year of his career! Goodluck and yeah basically want to know if he will be fit to play from Round 1:p Cheers.

Hey guys im just wondering if Junior Burger is on track for round 1. With the Hawks being my second favourite team with ties through friends and Shaun Burgoyne my favourite non Lions player I will try to watch quite a few games next year and will support them for everyone bar Brissy;) Shaun will be top 10 brownlow if he plays 20+ games next year because he won't always have the nuber one tag! He will play the best year of his career! Goodluck and yeah basically want to know if he will be fit to play from Round 1:p Cheers.

In full training from the next session after the break - all things going well he should be jumping out of his skin by R1.

I would say that would be a very wise thing to do. Why push them too hard, if they are not 100% fit.. There is still plenty of time before the season starts to get them right..
As for Sheahan, what the hell as SB got to do with him anyway? He hates Hawthorn, always has. He can keep his negative comments to himself!!
Just don't start me on him!! grrrrrrr Time he retired!!:eek:

I would say that would be a very wise thing to do. Why push them too hard, if they are not 100% fit.. There is still plenty of time before the season starts to get them right..
As for Sheahan, what the hell as SB got to do with him anyway? He hates Hawthorn, always has. He can keep his negative comments to himself!!
Just don't start me on him!! grrrrrrr Time he retired!!:eek:

He was being interviewed about 2010 by the 5AA sport blokes (the same guru's that still call Brad Ottens Luke....). There is a real ground swell here to see Burg's fail. So he was asked the question about how Shaun is travelling... and as with most journo's.. he got it wrong.

There is a real ground swell here to see Burg's fail.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: leaving Port is like trying to get out of a cult. They just won't let you go, and then if you do manage to wriggle free, they can't swallow the fact you've flown the nest. Wanting to see someone fail is pathetic.

I'm not a fan of Burgoyne and don't know that he will bring anything to the side.

Be prepared to do the below by round 5 - at the latest. I have also bookmarked this :thumbsu:

aba0195l.jpg

..... the Hawks being my second favourite team with ties through friends and Shaun Burgoyne my favourite non Lions player I ..... .

Are you annoyed like me, shine, for a successive season Hawks are not travelling to the Gabba :thumbsdown: . :mad: .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

002ChristmasTreeLightsimg26-1.gif
santa021zxa.gif
WeredreamingofabrownandgoldChristma.jpg

Are you annoyed like me, shine, for a successive season Hawks are not travelling to the Gabba :thumbsdown: . :mad: .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

002ChristmasTreeLightsimg26-1.gif
santa021zxa.gif

WeredreamingofabrownandgoldChristma.jpg

Yes i agree!! On the flip side when GC enters, someday we may be blessed with 2 games! On another note Box Hill are travelling up to GC for a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back