Injury Injuries 2013 : The state of No Play...

Remove this Banner Ad

• After One Month
    After a month or so, more motion is allowed. Patients can walk with the knee in the brace, but no longer locked in extension. Strenuous sanctities are still restricted as the meniscus continues to heal.
  • 3-4 Months
    By 3 to 4 months, most surgeons will allow return to full activities and no longer protect the knee. Patients must slowly return to sports and competition, but they no longer have restrictions on motion and do not require the use of a brace.

So if that's right, he could still get close to a full pre-season in (assuming he's still on our list). That is the key for him. He's got to push through a tough pre-season to have a shot at the big time next year.

Going to piss a lot of people off here, but... this might not have happened if he had GWS on the weekend.

Knee jerk comment but I'm upset I may never see this guy adorn the purple ever again.

If you want to play that game, he was equally likely to have torn his ACL at Subi and secured a one-way ticket on the delistment train.

Viv Michie will miss the rest of the season after tearing the cartilage in his right knee playing for Peel in the WAFL on Saturday.

General manager of football operations Chris Bond said the 21-year-old was due to consult a surgeon in Melbourne today ahead of surgery tomorrow.

“We will be in better position to assess the situation after Viv has had surgery but at this stage we expect him to be available for the start of pre-season training,” Bond said.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-08-12/viv-michie-update
By the sound of the article, Bond expects him to be with us next year. Lets hope

Eagles screaming out for a reliable inside midfielder with clean skills, Freo with a big key forward shaped hole.

You heard it here months ago.

True?

I was only pointing out logical needs.

I think what I proposed was a reasonably fair option - though whether Viv would want to stay outside Victoria for a trade would be debatable.

Viv Michie will miss the rest of the season after tearing the cartilage in his right knee playing for Peel in the WAFL on Saturday.

General manager of football operations Chris Bond said the 21-year-old was due to consult a surgeon in Melbourne today ahead of surgery tomorrow.

“We will be in better position to assess the situation after Viv has had surgery but at this stage we expect him to be available for the start of pre-season training,” Bond said.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2013-08-12/viv-michie-update
By the sound of the article, Bond expects him to be with us next year. Lets hope
Who would have an injury prone midfielder with one game experience anyway? Be interesting to see how it pans out but should be confident we ll offer him a fair deal and keep the faith.

13 August 2013

Garrick Ibbotson - Achilles - test
Josh Simpson - Shoulder - test
Stephen Hill - Hamstring - test
Sam Menegola - Knee - 1-2 weeks
Luke McPharlin - Calf - 1-2 weeks
Clancee Pearce - Calf - 1-2 weeks
Viv Michie - Knee - season
Anthony Morabito - Knee - season
Tanner Smith - Shoulder - season
Jon Griffin - Knee - season
Kepler Bradley - Knee - season

NOTES:
  • Hill added, Ibbo still on (both due v. MEL)
  • Michie done for the Season (RTB looks to have him as a required player for 2014)
  • Morabito after leading us all on, has been shelved till 2014 (prob the right call)

I think surgery is par for the course for that type of injury, more for pain relief than anything. Ling only missed one game that time down the Cattery when Solomon gallantly swatted away that Ross River Virus bearing mozzie that was just about to land on his cheek.

I think surgery is par for the course for that type of injury, more for pain relief than anything. Ling only missed one game that time down the Cattery when Solomon gallantly swatted away that Ross River Virus bearing mozzie that was just about to land on his cheek.

Missed one week after telling the tribunal that Solomon damn near decapitated him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the players come back in accordance with the schedule of the article then we'll be at full strength for our first final.

Still Pearce and Ibbotson available, Dawson fine, Ballantyne only missing a week as a precaution and Sandy half a chance to be fine for the finals.... I'll take that, was worried after the game yesterday that it was going to be worse news than that.

EX Mandurah jockeys are bred tough MM MATE

True that, classic jockey/cyclist injury, face plant with the arm out straight. Done that one on the deadly treadly myself, hurts like a muthafugger when you do it and you can't scratch your date without wincing for a month but not too bad. Coupla Disprin Ballas, you'll be right son.

True that, classic jockey/cyclist injury, face plant with the arm out straight. Done that one on the deadly treadly myself, hurts like a muthafugger when you do it and you can't scratch your date without wincing for a month but not too bad. Coupla Disprin Ballas, you'll be right son.

I'm confused - are you one armed ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back