Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The days of playing players with significant injuries in home and away games are over because the modern game is too intense for other players in your team to cover for them . Finals football now more than ever before requires a coach to make the toughest calls on any players ability to run out a game . .

Interesting responses with a lot of logic behind them, but, you and everyone else knows that key players go into major games limited by injury to some degree (see every GF and Lake this year). I would be interested in what his definition of 'injured' is.
In general, I totally agree and thats why I hope Clarke is not played until fully fit next year but don't tell me the rules don't go out the window depending on the importance of the game.

I'm no doctor but I would think it was impossible to play with a punctured lung, broken rib yeh. The club has said jack all so imo I call bs. The only way I see it possible if he did in the last game against port & continued to play.

I'm no doctor but I would think it was impossible to play with a punctured lung, broken rib yeh. The club has said jack all so imo I call bs. The only way I see it possible if he did in the last game against port & continued to play.
If they won't let SCOS play with the same injuries, I wouldn't think they'd let Clarke play.

If they won't let SCOS play with the same injuries, I wouldn't think they'd let Clarke play.

The difference may be that, unlike Clarke, the coach does not rate Silvagni as best 22, he rates him as depth. I'm not saying it's right, but they are approached differently.

The difference may be that, unlike Clarke, the coach does not rate Silvagni as best 22, he rates him as depth. I'm not saying it's right, but they are approached differently.
If I remember correctly, the game SCOS was pulled out of due to the same injuries - we brought in Taberner to play key back? No Macca or Dawson that game? I'm sure if we could've - we would've picked him.

*Note: I could have my marbles completely out of line here, can someone corroborate?

CREEPER ALERT: Spotted Jono Griffin on the weekend having a coffee after a morning cycle. Looking lean and extremely fit.

Whats everyones thoughts on starting a thread dedicated to FFC player sightings? Too weird?

If I remember correctly, the game SCOS was pulled out of due to the same injuries - we brought in Taberner to play key back? No Macca or Dawson that game? I'm sure if we could've - we would've picked him.

*Note: I could have my marbles completely out of line here, can someone corroborate?

True enough that, it was the derby. But he played the week before. Broke the ribs vs Richmond, played vs Brisbane, withdrawn for the derby. And Dawson did play, just checked the game report from the derby.

CREEPER ALERT: Spotted Jono Griffin on the weekend having a coffee after a morning cycle. Looking lean and extremely fit.

Whats everyones thoughts on starting a thread dedicated to FFC player sightings? Too weird?

Good to hear, we may need for from the beginning next year. Should be vastly improved on last year.

Good to hear, we may need for from the beginning next year. Should be vastly improved on last year.
I think the "mora watch" might be a little less intense this year!
Omg, i just sat next to mora in a public toilet, definitely no limp coming out, he was giving great effort

It may start off fine but I can probably see it heading towards borderline restraining order levels after a few posts :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's weird or not, but could get out of hand. I've got one, bit of an unexpected coincidence actually, involving one of our more well known players. Sorry to annoy everybody, but I'm just reluctant to share it because I just reckon they're entitled to a bit of privacy this time of year, it wasn't a big deal, not footy related, not controversial in any sense, so don't see the point.

IMHO, unless it's something concerning their footy or the club, I don't see the point.

Word from a source very close to the club is that Morras knee is not going too well. Lots of swelling and pain post training, so he is not able to get decent training loads in. He looked really proppy at training prior to Christmas.
I really fear for his carreer. Hopefully he can get over this and force his way into the 22 this year.

T
Word from a source very close to the club is that Morras knee is not going too well. Lots of swelling and pain post training, so he is not able to get decent training loads in. He looked really proppy at training prior to Christmas.
I really fear for his carreer. Hopefully he can get over this and force his way into the 22 this year.
Thats not good news ads. Where did you get this information from?Do you have inside knowledge? Who told you?

Can't reveal my source Simpson. Suffice to say, you can't get much closer...
Standby for Hackdorn to "break" the news he read on Bigfooty

If Kim Hagdorn breaks it, I'll know it's not true.

Having said that, it does ring true. Hopefully those watchers who brave the heat tomorrow will see him running, and dispel the rumour.

If that's the case and the guy struggles to get it back to 100%, he should hang them up. The guy has been through far more then a guy his age should have. I want him back and playing well, but I would rather he live a healthy life where he can walk properly, more to life then just footy.

Really worrying to hear about Mora but it definitely rings some truth. It was only meant to be a short-term injury and there's been reports of him limping around, and I saw first-hand him doing only super-light training at the start off the pre-season.

I love the guy and would love nothing more than to see him smashing it for Freo injury-free for the rest of his career, but not at the expense of crippling himself or the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back