Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are lurching toward an agreement that:
- knee injuries are bad
- they are not necessarily catastrophic for a career
- but they can be
- those with multiple knee recos have greatly diminished likelihood of stellar careers
- .... but not NO likelihood.

I think I understand

Hey Mr Potato. I was going to suggest to not lose sleep over it but then saw you are researching and posting at 2.41am. The stats may well reaffirm that Anthony is up against it but he's not thinking of the odds. He's blocking out the negative thoughts and focussing on the next session which is the mind set of the elite athlete he is cos this is what he has control over and that is how he can best increase his odds. :thumbsu:
Unfortunately, so were the 27 revision knee reco players over the last 10 odd years. Mindset won't prevent him doing his knee again. The reality is, it will likely end his career, which I hope it doesn't.

Morabito is being managed in his training because of swelling on the knee after WAFL games last year and he is experiencing similarly swelling after heavy
training drills this preseason so the story goes from coaches that I've spoken to.
He's doing everything that is being asked of him and is coming on just fine under the modified training programme .

Morabito is being managed in his training because of swelling on the knee after WAFL games last year and he is experiencing similarly swelling after heavy
training drills this preseason so the story goes from coaches that I've spoken to.
He's doing everything that is being asked of him and is coming on just fine under the modified training programme .

I suppose the worry is two years since his last major surgery how much more recovery can there be, (and with such a complicated history imo that's something only Morabito and those working will him could even guess at) still January is hardly the time to put it all on the line and push it and so here's hoping for a month or two of no news being good news.

The amount of trauma that knee's been through it wouldn't surprise me if he suffers from swelling the rest of his life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What coaches have you spoken to?

I call bul:;! $#*t. The coaches are in the middle of the ground all session and walk through the doors straight after. They don't walk around to spectators after to field questions and they wouldn't divulge information of a sensitive nature about Morra to an onlooker.

I was speaking to Sheriff the other day and he told me that when you quoted a number of things that he mentioned to you at training regarding players and changed it to, 'a coach told me this, and a coach mentioned that'.

What coaches have you spoken to?

I call bul:;! $#*t. The coaches are in the middle of the ground all session and walk through the doors straight after. They don't walk around to spectators after to field questions and they wouldn't divulge information of a sensitive nature about Morra to an onlooker.

I was speaking to Sheriff the other day and he told me that when you quoted a number of things that he mentioned to you at training regarding players and changed it to, 'a coach told me this, and a coach mentioned that'.

I don't just go to training and talk to others there watching .
Jedi if you were to follow me at training you would see me talking to the guys that are monitoring the GPS 's that the players wear and also after the training is over there are guys taking the padding of the goal posts and all I do is ask nicely a few questions Its amazing how much information you get if you ask the right questions .
Pat the groundsman also gets to hear more about the players than most .
Before I state anything on the board I get confirmation from more than one source .
So if you are at training on Wednesday I look forward to having you come with me and you can hear what questions I ask and the answers I get then you can judge for your self .
Yes I speak to Sherrif and John the Gardener as well as regular watchers but I also get confirmation from others as well .
I look forward to you joining me if you have the time .

I don't just go to training and talk to others there watching .
Jedi if you were to follow me at training you would see me talking to the guys that are monitoring the GPS 's that the players wear and also after the training is over there are guys taking the padding of the goal posts and all I do is ask nicely a few questions Its amazing how much information you get if you ask the right questions .
Pat the groundsman also gets to hear more about the players than most .
Before I state anything on the board I get confirmation from more than one source .
So if you are at training on Wednesday I look forward to having you come with me and you can hear what questions I ask and the answers I get then you can judge for your self .
Yes I speak to Sherrif and John the Gardener as well as regular watchers but I also get confirmation from others as well .
I look forward to you joining me if you have the time .

Bull dust the coaching staff don't discuss individual player rehabilitation with you. Stop making it up.

You mean something like Sylvia is going to be best 22 until round 10, after which they think he is going to be dropped?

More along the lines that Sylvia is expected to get a run until at least round ten and then form will decide if he stays. Like they will be giving him the first half to show his worth, good games and bad games included and making the call at round 10 on whether he stays in the side.

Hopefully six or seven games of 20 touches and two goals in that ten.

Freo's favourite on the radio this morning stating Mora has damaged some more cartilage in his dodgy knee and will need 4-6 weeks recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back