Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Campbell (ankle): The ruckman had a mishap at training on Saturday, but the 25-year-old is likely to be available for round one.

Josh Prudden (ACL, TBC): The utility has been eased back into training and is looking at a return to playing early in the season.

Jack Redpath (ACL, TBC): The key forward is progressing well from a traditional knee reconstruction and is expected to make a mid-season return.

Jordan Roughead (hamstring): The premiership ruckman injured his hamstring early in the Dogs' opening JLT Community Series clash and is expected to be unavailable until at least round four of the home and away season.

Mitch Wallis (broken leg, TBC): The 24-year-old is confident of making an impact in 2017, but is yet to announce when he'll return to the field. Began running on an anti-gravity treadmill in recent weeks. - Ryan Davidson

Jordan Roughead is set to miss the first month of the season.

Tom Campbell (ankle): The ruckman had a mishap at training on Saturday, but the 25-year-old is likely to be available for round one.

Josh Prudden (ACL, TBC): The utility has been eased back into training and is looking at a return to playing early in the season.

Jack Redpath (ACL, TBC): The key forward is progressing well from a traditional knee reconstruction and is expected to make a mid-season return.

Jordan Roughead (hamstring): The premiership ruckman injured his hamstring early in the Dogs' opening JLT Community Series clash and is expected to be unavailable until at least round four of the home and away season.

Mitch Wallis (broken leg, TBC): The 24-year-old is confident of making an impact in 2017, but is yet to announce when he'll return to the field. Began running on an anti-gravity treadmill in recent weeks. - Ryan Davidson

Jordan Roughead is set to miss the first month of the season.
Good thread. Anyway this can be 'stickied' and/or have rolling edits made to the OP (at least of the injury status).

Good thread. Anyway this can be 'stickied' and/or have rolling edits made to the OP (at least of the injury status).
Dunno about the sticky but I'm happy to change the OP from week to week.
I've just slotted compact72 's summary in there.

Beveridge after JLT R2:
Roarke Smith has a suspected rupture of the ACL (not the one he did last year). TBC.

Tom Campbell is currently in doubt for Rd 1.

******* bullshit. Spewing for the kid! Rate him very highly too

What the * is going on why does this keep happening?

Surely nobody has had more ACL injuries in the past 3 or 4 yrs than us. Coincidence or is there something contributing to it?
Coincidence, we have a few that seem to have a genetic disposition and have done it multiple times (Bob, Red, Roarke and Prudden). Hope Libba is healthy for here on in.

Coincidence, we have a few that seem to have a genetic disposition and have done it multiple times (Bob, Red, Roarke and Prudden). Hope Libba is healthy for here on in.
Well Libba Sr did his ACL twice ... :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget Clay who did it 3 times all within a few games of his return each time.

I'm honestly quite surprised, with his contract status what it is, that Roarke hasn't gone done the Lars path or at least the club given it some serious thought.

I'm honestly quite surprised, with his contract status what it is, that Roarke hasn't gone done the Lars path or at least the club given it some serious thought.
Lars is a terrible option for a young player. Bevo said they think he has a bright future, based on that they have probably told him they'll keep him around, so get the proper reco and rehab it to give him the best chance of a return.

Hi guys, where is the bont at?any injury concerns- seemed strange he was a late withdrawal lastnight
Bevo said in the press conference thst he sustained a slight ankle niggle on our camp in QLD in January. Was kept out as a precaution

Cheers. Had an interrupted pre season last year to. Doesn't seem to effect his season though
Actually he was pretty quiet until Rd 6 or so last year. This board's best player voting didn't have him in the club's top 5 for any of those early games.

Lars is a terrible option for a young player. Bevo said they think he has a bright future, based on that they have probably told him they'll keep him around, so get the proper reco and rehab it to give him the best chance of a return.
Lars is a terrible option full stop. I've recently ruptured my ACL and the best sports doctors and surgeons don't even give it a thought.

Well they aren't going to say he has no future are they? I think Tunbridge, also a rookie at West Coast went through a similar deal, although he did something called Hybrid LARS which has a recovery time of 6-7 months which is pointless for Roarke. Tunbridge is only 23 as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back