Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel for Roarke but also he is one of the depth players I always felt we could rely on if a few players went down.

Little concern both Roughy and Campbell seem quite injury prone given the removal of third man up

Well they aren't going to say he has no future are they? I think Tunbridge, also a rookie at West Coast went through a similar deal, although he did something called Hybrid LARS which has a recovery time of 6-7 months which is pointless for Roarke. Tunbridge is only 23 as well.
Tunbridge is a fair way back in pecking order over there, Roarke is seen as a replacement for one of our retirements, regarded higher in scheme of things.

Do you have a source for listing 12 months against the ACL's? I think we treat them as 9 month injuries
Nope. Just a rough rule of thumb so if you'd prefer I can say 9 months. It's typically the season gone for the player, but then a season only lasts 6 months.

It obviously varies from player to player. Libba Sr famously came back in the same season but that's very much the exception for non-LARS treatments. I agree it's usually slightly under 12 months but, taking a close-to-home example, Murphy did his knee in Rd 3 2016 and he's only just coming up to speed now. Round 3 2017 is only about a month away. Would he be playing senior footy now if it was already the regular season? Maybe, or they might be managing his time with a couple of limited-minutes outings in the VFL.

So normally you'd say "season" but that makes no sense in March 2017 for a player who did his knee in the winter of 2016 and is currently well into his rehab program. We've seen Murphy already, but I'm really waiting for word from the club on the other players - Redpath and Prudden. So far I don't think they've given any word on them.

Ditto with Wallis. AFAIK there's no designated time out for a complex fracture of the lower leg. It's just known to be a LONG time, so I just said 8-16 months. If he's only doing restricted work at present we probably won't see him play until May at the very earliest. Wouldn't surprise me if it was considerably later.

We've seen Murphy already, but I'm really waiting for word from the club on the other players - Redpath and Prudden. So far I don't think they've given any word on them

They're the reason I'm asking. I'm sure I've read articles from the club's ACL surgeon saying it's a 9 month rehab process. Murphy played JLT 1 on Feb 18 after doing his ACL on April 10

Prudden did his ACL a week after Murph and he hasn't done any match sim or pre-season games. Sometimes it depends on the individual.

I'm a big rugby league fan and one of the stars of their game is Greg Inglis. Unfortunately, he did his ACL in the first game of the year. He nearly played out the whole game with it, going to the bench when a win wasn't going to appear and still managed to score a try after doing it.

However in League media, they're only saying a 6 month injury. Quite bizarre.

I'm a big rugby league fan and one of the stars of their game is Greg Inglis. Unfortunately, he did his ACL in the first game of the year. He nearly played out the whole game with it, going to the bench when a win wasn't going to appear and still managed to score a try after doing it.

However in League media, they're only saying a 6 month injury. Quite bizarre.
Check out the size of GI's quads and hammies. I was amazed GI played on for a substantial period but no doubt his lower body size and strength assisted to stabilise the joint. He could only run in straight lines mind you. Reminds me a little of Clay's ACL # 3. He went back on and played until his leg gave way completely. Now that was a horrible game to travel down to.

Check out the size of GI's quads and hammies. I was amazed GI played on for a substantial period but no doubt his lower body size and strength assisted to stabilise the joint. He could only run in straight lines mind you. Reminds me a little of Clay's ACL # 3. He went back on and played until his leg gave way completely. Now that was a horrible game to travel down to.
Yeah Tigers stepped inside him any chance they got. Was hard to watch. Had a chuckle when he scored though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how to feel about this o_O

Stevo also stated that Bont is no certainty to return this week. Ankle still troubling him, club taking no risks.

Not sure how to feel about this o_O

Stevo also stated that Bont is no certainty to return this week. Ankle still troubling him, club taking no risks.
I've seen the word "unlikely" used for Bont. It'd be great if he actually had an uninterrupted preseason for once.

What's going on with Dicko? Was it his hip? The club has been very quiet it.
The club has been quiet about everything. Taking lessons from the Federal Government perhaps. "Nothing to see here ... move on" seems to be the motto.
If you go to the website and follow the link to "Injury List" you get a series of one-off pot-boiler reports (latest dated 9 March talks about how Clay has been a support for Roarke after his knee op) but no injury list.

If you look at the only other link called "Medical Room" it has the club's MO giving a rundown on injured players. It's dated 26 Sept 2016.

This is just piss poor. We are 10 days away from our first match. A straw poll of club websites shows about half the clubs seem to have much better info than us under an Injury link, yet some have no link at all.

We deserve better.

Last thing I'd want is to bring in too many under-done players. Campbell I can cop. Bont should be fine anyway according to stevo tonight but Dickson hasn't played any footy this pre season.

Last thing I'd want is to bring in too many under-done players. Campbell I can cop. Bont should be fine anyway according to stevo tonight but Dickson hasn't played any footy this pre season.

Dickson played the whole of the VFL practice match against Richmond on Friday. He got through the game but like all of his team mates was quiet.

Dickson played the whole of the VFL practice match against Richmond on Friday. He got through the game but like all of his team mates was quiet.
He is a bit of a confidence player, so i'd be happy to hold him back. The only downside is the VFL starts a little later then AFL, so its not like he could continue playing games anyway. So Maybe Bevo bites the bullet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back