Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it certainly seems like ground hog day in respect to major injuries. If the current trend continues of losing a key player in every game (similar to early in the season last year), we'll really be tested.
To me Morris is the glue that holds our back line together with his ability to play on and nullify anybody. Huge loss.

He did. Maybe Fletch goes with him? Actually always thought Wood was a good match up for Buddy. Undersized but has the mobility
And Buddy has been playing high up the field, so Wood can launch his attacks from there and try and keep Buddy accountable as well. Left field call but I like it.

Bugger! Dale is the glue that holds our defense together.

I honestly don't think we'll bring in another defender into the team, more likely to stick with Cordy and Roberts and bring in Smith or Dunkley.

In a way it fixes the 'too many flankers' problem.

561e9b2a009616e57b7642cb54e3de6a60d1339a2525472147185936b111f26a.jpg

Pretty shattered about the news. Love Morris, and what he does.

Trying to look at the positives:

- only six-eight week injury; could have been a lot worse;
-apparently Adams played well in the VFL. This could be a chance for him to get to that early season form from last year. With continuity of footy and form, he might start enjoying life at the dogs again and stick around after this year. Basically this is the opportunity to turn him into that 10 year AA defender I thought he was going to be after round 3 last year!

Bugger! Dale is the glue that holds our defense together.

I honestly don't think we'll bring in another defender into the team, more likely to stick with Cordy and Roberts and bring in Smith or Dunkley.
I think you might be right, as it might give our midfield more balance. Losing Morris is an absolute heart breaker. He does not deserve it and to get it in the last 30 secs is bloody tragic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same abdominal injury that he had in the pre-season of last year, before he injured his quad the week before round 1? missing the first four games of 2016. He played every game from round 5 onwards.

So I suppose it's good that he's proven to have recovered from it last year, but on the flip-side, we really don't want a recurring injury.

Prudden back this week is that's a positive I suppose. Means that Redpath and Wallis are our only LTI who need to come back this week and both could be thereabouts before the bye.

Pretty shattered about the news. Love Morris, and what he does.

Trying to look at the positives:

- only six-eight week injury; could have been a lot worse;
-apparently Adams played well in the VFL. This could be a chance for him to get to that early season form from last year. With continuity of footy and form, he might start enjoying life at the dogs again and stick around after this year. Basically this is the opportunity to turn him into that 10 year AA defender I thought he was going to be after round 3 last year!

Talking to other supporters today lamenting the injury to the great man.
I had to walk away , they have no f--- idea what a star he is.
One said the only real thing he will be remembered for is the Buddy tackle.
I am sure those in the industry are well aware just how good he is , but he seriously underrated by the General football public.

Talking to other supporters today lamenting the injury to the great man.
I had to walk away , they have no f--- idea what a star he is.
One said the only real thing he will be remembered for is the Buddy tackle.
I am sure those in the industry are well aware just how good he is , but he seriously underrated by the General football public.
The 'other supporters' must have been supporters of other clubs, right? I would find it hard to believe that even one of our supporters could think/claim that KH unless they were literally born yesterday (or GF day).

The 'other supporters' must have been supporters of other clubs, right? I would find it hard to believe that even one of our supporters could think/claim that KH unless they were literally born yesterday (or GF day).

Yeah other clubs.
For them good player at the end .
We know he is a star , but I doubt most other supporters see him that way ?
I had to walk away otherwise I would have had to punch someone :eek:

Is it really true that apart from the prelim and Granny, we have had an injury to our best 22 every round since round 3 last year???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back