Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened, have I missed something?
Nothing new, just that Hogan obviously had some pretty public slip ups in the offseason and now he’s got nothing but time on his hands with the injury. If they keep him on the right path that’s a big tick for me for the player welfare staff.

"It was initially believed that Jesse had suffered an unrelated sprain in his right foot in our round 14 game against Melbourne"

Was anyone actually buying that foot sprain crap ?

The club's been on a massive downhill spiral in terms of communicating to the members/media since our grand final year.

It seems now every time a member of the football department fronts the media it's just platitudes, misdirection and an overall hand waving of issues.

I've got a Hogan theory based on nothing but a hunch:

He's not been 100% right all season, the sprain was real but when we started to see the season slip they decided it was a good time to lock him down and operate.

Just a hunch and based on info, but I get the feeling if we hadn't started to slide they would not of sent him for surgery.

Your medicos need sacking. Sound almost as bad as ours. Got to feel for Jesse. This is a bad injury to suffer once, never mind twice
This could turn into Bennell all over again.
As a supporter it's not my role to get involved in the operational decisions, but I sure do feel like setting up a group of like minded supporters and go down to the club and petition for a urgent review of the S&C Team.
On the other hand, surely professional footballers wouldn't play at a club with an inept S&C team, so maybe they aren't as bad as I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As
This could turn into Bennell all over again.
As a supporter it's not my role to get involved in the operational decisions, but I sure do feel like setting up a group of like minded supporters and go down to the club and petition for a urgent review of the S&C Team.
On the other hand, surely professional footballers wouldn't play at a club with an inept S&C team, so maybe they aren't as bad as I think.
“as a supporter ON BIG FOOTY it is your role to make comments on operational decisions! “

READY, FIRE, AIM!

Where he say that?
He did press this morning, said he’s hopeful to play Bulldogs. If it’s dislocation, he can still play.

Yeah he can, but they can quickly become a s**t of an issue. They become easier to pop out and makes it harder to play overhead etc.

See how it goes, but if he plays and it starts popping with any regularity, that will eventually mean surgery etc. It's done often enough, and more often than not it works out fine (did Fyfe go through that, think he did ?), but often there's some loss of range of movement, at least for a time, and other issues.

Anyway, early days, hopefully it all works out fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back