Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point we should give Dixon, Carter, North or Valente a run (Maybe see how O'Reilly goes now he's in the league team). The way the injuries are playing out I can see it already that some of the guys may not be ready for the start of next season due to the ol "precautionary measures", Ballantyne and Sandi will retire. Mundy is great attacking wise but is getting old.

Bite the bullet already and with the pending contract of Langdon and potentially having permanent quad issue with S Hill/if he somehow manages to leave we cant afford to cross our fingers anymore.

That way we can see if these guys can show something at AFL and give us potential depth next year.

If Lobb is out though then our finals hopes are under serious threat. He was so dynamic against Sydney - rucking, crumbing goals, contested marks.

Simply can't be replaced, so surely we'd throw a debut opportunity to Dixon or Stuart?

If Lobb is out though then our finals hopes are under serious threat. He was so dynamic against Sydney - rucking, crumbing goals, contested marks.

Simply can't be replaced, so surely we'd throw a debut opportunity to Dixon or Stuart?
It's already at 0%.

Feel for Lobb, poor guy can't take a trick. We wont from discussing our best forward line, because for once we had depth, to having Hogan, Tabs and Lobb all injured for the year. To a lesser degree Cox, but meh.

He's been a very good pickup Lobb, him and Conca our best recruits by a long way.
Hogan ok, and Colyer no good!!
I think Lobb has been extremely impressive. There are at least 2 games we wouldn’t have won without him IMHO - Brisbane and Sydney. And the way he played thru those last couple of minutes with the shoulder problem, got to and halved a contest, was real grit.

Season is gone
Play the yoof. Dixon should get a run and I would like to see Carter and Watson debut as well before season is done. The last two have been quite consistent.

Pretty sure our finals hopes are all but done regardless. I know we are only a game and % out, but we look so much further than that with the way we are currently playing.

Sturt is not ready I don't think but Dixon finally found some form so not against that at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it very difficult to understand the amount and volume of criticism of our coaches given the injuries we've sustained.
Take the 3 best key position players out of any team and they are bound to struggle.
Especially a rebuilding side at that..

Nathan Wilson is apparently requiring a jab in the foot to play.

Fits in with his huge drop in output, which coincides or is part of our 4 or 5 week scheissefest.

If true, park him and play Watson or Carter ASAP.
Might explain that kick out on the full. He played a better game IMO but boy I haven’t seen a kick like that even in Amo’s.

Nathan Wilson is apparently requiring a jab in the foot to play.

Fits in with his huge drop in output, which coincides or is part of our 4 or 5 week scheissefest.

If true, park him and play Watson or Carter ASAP.

Yeah, he did something decent a few weeks back. Looked ordinary in that game and since, so makes sense.

So when do we find out about Lobb?

Well according to Bell, nothing mentioned about surgery. AFL itself stated it as a 'partial dislocation (didn't know you could partially do that, either you do or you don't, no??). Seems a chance to play this w/end.

SHill is not even with main group, so no chance and, frankly, I'm calling his season effectivey done.

Cox "minor setback", recovery pushed back a week.

Nothing changed with Fyfe. Club saying he's tracking well and will make a call in a few days.

See/hear for yourself:

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2019-07-23/injury-update-23-7-19

BTW, since when does Bell do the injury reports? ... perhaps changes are afoot ??

Well according to Bell , nothing mentioned about surgery. AFL itself stated it as a 'partial dislocation (didn't know you could partially do that, either you do or you don't, no??). Seems a chance to play this w/end.

SHill is not even with main group, so no chance and, frankly, I'm calling his season effectivey done.

Cox "minor setback", recovery pushed back a week.

Nothing changed with Fyfe. Club saying he's tracking well and will make a call in a few days.

See for yourself:

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2019-07-23/injury-update-23-7-19

BTW, since when does Belll do the injury reports? ... perhaps changes are afoot ??
Let's hope so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back