Injuries 2019

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The majority of our squad comes back from their end of season break in reasonable condition, some players spend a while getting the skinfolds and running power back in line after what I presume is pouring in drinks and sitting down for a month.
That's fine coming back from a break to say that. But Cox is supposed to be injured and should have been in rehab but he's not.

So you're hoping he comes back from his ban in top condition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's fine coming back from a break to say that. But Cox is supposed to be injured and should have been in rehab but he's not.

So you're hoping he comes back from his ban in top condition?
When he goes away for his end of season break I hope he comes back in better condition.

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Injuries have consistently derailed our season and consistently Freo have done nothing about it.
It's been on the agenda season after season but nothing changes.
It's bloody so infuriating, its a coach and supporter killer.
Ffs Freo do something, anything but fix the problem.
They could hire someone to act as program oversight, pay them $10,000 for the use of their name and it would buy the breathing room until next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mhm. If that shoulder is going to be loose for next year and potentially pop out repeatedly then maybe the bone graft op now will have him back for next year.

Superkoops

Club Legend
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox hasn’t been banned. Webber and Bell have referenced Cox in the last couple of injury reports. Taylor is just saying he needs to present back to pre-season in good nick. He is a bit of a lad and can’t afford him playing catch-up aka Mitch McGovern Style.

I’m with Walkingwounded - if anyone was banned is was Shane Kersten. Been MIA for ages and no sign of him at training.

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox hasn’t been banned. Webber and Bell have referenced Cox in the last couple of injury reports. Taylor is just saying he needs to present back to pre-season in good nick. He is a bit of a lad and can’t afford him playing catch-up aka Mitch McGovern Style.

I’m with Walkingwounded - if anyone was banned is was Shane Kersten. Been MIA for ages and no sign of him at training.
No not Kersten, he actually was injured. The banned player had been playing. I don't care if the club wants to keep it quiet if they finally did something about the bad behaviour that goes on. Called out pubically last year with Neale then Hogan this year.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Though Collingwood and Essendon (rich clubs with terrible lists) on one hand, and Brisbane on the other hand, seem to suggest a poor correlation between money and successful injury management.
One thing missing. Luck. That’s 80% of it. You can prepare, prevent but cannot predict what could happen on the day.

West coast riding it big time. Not having lower leg problems or knees, is just undoubtedly lucky.

Top Bottom