Cox
Blakely
Swita

Quad
Hilly

Hip
Dixon

Groin
Valente (pre existing prior to drafting him)

On top of this we have Fyfe, Conca and Darcy who have missed parts of preseason with injury, McCarthy who might have a knock to his knee and Kersten out with a foot injury.

I hope to f@&ken high hell there’s more than review into this. It’s a bloody outrage that is!

I make it the following with soft tissue injuries:

Calf
Sandi
Bennell
Billy
Tabs

Hamstring
Logue
Cox
Blakely
Swita

Quad
Hilly

Hip
Dixon

Groin
Valente (pre existing prior to drafting him)

On top of this we have Fyfe, Conca and Darcy who have missed parts of preseason with injury, McCarthy who might have a knock to his knee and Kersten out with a foot injury.

I hope to f@&ken high hell there’s more than review into this. It’s a bloody outrage that is!

You can add big Darcy to that list with his hamstring awareness. I’m hopeful Karl is wrong with BHill. Bit before Xmas Haggers was banging on about a serious calf injury for BHill and that he would miss months. Ended up being nothing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

If that is true we need to release findings of this review ASAP and if there hasn’t been a proper thorough review get an external consultant and overhaul the whole S & C team. It is becoming ludicrous and a definite coach killer. If I remember correctly was a contributing factor to Mark Harvey being given the lemon and sarse.

I think part of Harvey's problem was that he was over ruling some of S&C s decisions and players were getting injured.
Quite ironic that they reverse could be Lyon's down fall.

I dont know why but Billy having a calf problem would just be the most deflating, soul-crushing thing. We cant be this unlucky, even assuming our S&C team are terrible this is just ridiculous.

This is Freo mate

Our motto should be just 1 word

Persevering

Anyone know the Latin for that ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

FFS!!!!!! This is beyond. And you just know 2-3 players will pull up with soft tissue injuries after round 1. I predict Walters, Hogan and Fyfe.

I had to sit next to Brennan Cox while waiting for my Xrays and MRIs on my knee. Had a fairly lengthy chat. Said he thinks his hammy is 3 weeks pending the scan. But felt lower on the leg and was hopeful for round 2.

Also said B Hill had a corked calf and Tabs they are hoping was more likely to be tightness but he had scans later that afternoon also.

He’s really excited to be getting into the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmon guys. I’ve read all preseason about how much depth we have! How hard it was to pick a B22! What’s a couple of injuries between friends? We might do a Sydney and lose the first 6 games but then storm home to the finals!

Slowly re-integrating our B22, Cox returns round 2, Billy r3, Logue r4, Hilly r5, Swita r6, Bennell r7, Sandi r8. Then the cool thing is, because there are so many of them, the repeat injuries and subsequent return dates will align perfectly for Cox r9, Billy r10, Logue r11... etc etc. It’ll be like 22 weeks of Christmas!!! Ain’t no party like a Freo S&C party!!!

Bennell with complex and perplexing calf injury.

Sandi with a challenging calf injury.

SHill with an extraordinarily unique quad injury.

Conca with a complex knee infection.

Fyfe in post-operative management mode.

F#*k me. Why can’t they either just get normal injuries, and/or Weber just tell it as it is.

Bennell - we have no f**king idea what to do.

Sandi - hes got old man calf injuries and may be cooked - much like Wells.

SHill - his quads got too big and have been stuffed for a few years now. He’s looking good at training... except... you know... if he has to kick a footy.

Conca - has poor personal hygiene and we didn’t monitor the graze so it got infected.

Fyfe has stitches that need a couple of weeks to heal.

Wait until we actually play a few more games - the list will grow!
🧐

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are our medico's and S&C team? How long have they been at the club?

I remember the days when some people on here blamed the surface at South Freo oval for all of our injuries. It is arguably worse at the new oval.
I'm a pretty patient person but I'm done with our S&C team. Time for an immediate overhaul - Weber has been with Freo since 2009, time for fresh leadership. You can't be heading into round 1 with 15 or so on your injury list including half a dozen key best 22 players, and 10 of those injuries being soft tissue.

I want Ross to prove his coaching credentials this season and at the moment the player availability he is currently tooled with is appalling.

Every aspect of any organisation needs to be assessed based on performance. Enough excuses, we need good player availability or else give some new S&C personnel an opportunity to do better. If they are fair dinkum Rosich/Bell will act decisively in the next week.

Yeah 2009 with no great improvement in players, poor injury history

The Dockers ability to maintain a fit and available list is one of my pet subjects. I thought I would provide the best info we, as supporters, seem to have.

There have been previous discussions aplenty. I cannot quote from old posts, but if you search for my posts containing “days lost”, back in July 2018, you will find some discussion that includes links to some stats, in the posts above mine.

Basically, this shows that we were in the worst quartile in 2016 and 2017 for having a fit and available list. I have never seen figures for 2018, but it is hard to believe we would have been good. At this point in 2019, we seem to have one of the biggest injury lists, largely with soft tissue injuries.

I think it is fair to say we are poor at maintaining a fit and available list.

There are a number of factors that have to be considered, it does not all fall to our strength and conditioning team. Having players on the list like Morabito, Bennel, and Sandi impact the stats, and we don’t know who makes these decisions and what info they use. Others who have had long injury periods which influence the stats include Apeness, Alex Pearce and Zac Clarke. Now we have recruited Switta, who can’t stay on the park, it seems.

The other factor is whether our players are asked to run faster for longer than other teams. I have no info at all on this.

The current situation is beyond poor, but without more info it is hard to be sure what leads to our constant long injury lists. Poor due diligence on recruitment, poor assessment on offering contract extensions are things that need to considered as well.

Karl Langdon said on 882 last night that he had heard that Brad Hill has torn his calf.

Listen to ole mate crumpets this morning and he’ll paint an even more dire diagnosis I’m sure.

BHill has had a few issues with his calf over the PS so hopefully it isn’t as bad as said by Langdon. The West (albeit unreliable at best) said this morning BHill isn’t expected to miss round 1.

So confirmed that Billy only had a cork to the calf because they managed to pull him early enough to minimise/stop the bleeding.

Hogan hobbling with ice on the footy after the game, Darcy pulled up sore with a sore back and hamstrings, Tabs will be monitored.

I think Ross needs to dust of this one for our S&C team...

"You can't just roll along and all have a milkshake and pretend everything is hunky-dory when you're not giving us output."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back