Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Our first foot injury contributed by running on Optus every second week, I’d say we’re tracking well/lucky

It used to be an eight week minimum duration the last time I checked.

26.4 Duration on Long Term Injury List (a) An injured Player transferred to a Club’s Long Term Injury List is ineligible to play in the AFL Competition or a State Body competition for a minimum period of 8 weeks, commencing from the day on which the General Counsel gives his approval for the injured Player to transfer to the Club’s Long Term Injury List. (b) A Club is unable to transfer an injured Player to its Long Term Injury List, after 2.00pm on the Thursday following Round 18 of the Home and Away Matches in each year (or after such other time determined by the General Counse

As normal Taylor, you are correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it’s great we know it’s eight weeks for us to put someone on the LTI for Carter I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if it’s a different set of rules altogether when opening up a spot for the MSD.

The AFL certainly hasn’t been specific on this one. Most clubs putting players on the LTI for the Mid Season Draft seem to be doing for injuries much longer than eight weeks.

Whilst it’s great we know it’s eight weeks for us to put someone on the LTI for Carter I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if it’s a different set of rules altogether when opening up a spot for the MSD.

The AFL certainly hasn’t been specific on this one. Most clubs putting players on the LTI for the Mid Season Draft seem to be doing for injuries much longer than eight weeks.
Might be more relevant for the mid-season draft. Yayse said we were looking at Pina and Daly Andrews

McCarthy doesn’t deserve to come in and Cox deserves to be dropped!
I wasn't a fan of Dardy McThorthy last year and he didn't play well at WAFL before getting his first call up. However, I was impressed and am now a supporter this year.

He can play well and he's one of the best set shots in the team and will kick from 50! I felt he was stiff to be dropped after one bad performance but can't explain the total apathy for that game or the one he's just played at WAFL.

My question really is around the eligibility for our Mid Season Draft pick not whether Taberner is technically a LTI (which he is).

My concerns are:

Is Taberner’s injury still considered a LTI at the time of the Mid Season Draft? If Taberner is due back less than eight weeks from the Mid Season Draft will the AFL let us use a pick? Talking small margins but in theory If the eight weeks starts today he is.

Otherwise we could’ve had Stephen Hill on the LTI list from the start of the year and use a pick in the Mid Season Draft only for him to be ready to play (hopefully) in three weeks time. Where do you draw the line? We’re Freo not a big four Victorian club - the AFL will find a way to screw with anyone at our club that isn’t named Fyfe.

If the club was really considering putting Taberner on the LTI list then surely they would’ve gone with a slight overestimate and said 9-10 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back