Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Logue test, Hill 5 weeks

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-04-30/injury-update-test-for-logue
And
Weber said both Harley Bennell (calf) and Stephen Hill (quad) are up and running in their recovery process.

“Harley has done well. He had a very strong running session on the weekend,” Weber said.

“We’ll get him back up and going again on Wednesday with a view to return to team activities in the next week or two.

“Stephen ran this afternoon, he’s getting up and going. He is certainly doing everything he can at this stage.”

Weber said that ruckman Aaron Sandilands continues to work hard in his recovery from a calf injury.

“Without question, Aaron’s attitude and application hasn’t wavered once along the way,” Weber said.

“He trained strongly today and we look forward to having him on the field again very soon.”

And
Weber said both Harley Bennell (calf) and Stephen Hill (quad) are up and running in their recovery process.

“Harley has done well. He had a very strong running session on the weekend,” Weber said.

“We’ll get him back up and going again on Wednesday with a view to return to team activities in the next week or two.

“Stephen ran this afternoon, he’s getting up and going. He is certainly doing everything he can at this stage.”

Weber said that ruckman Aaron Sandilands continues to work hard in his recovery from a calf injury.

“Without question, Aaron’s attitude and application hasn’t wavered once along the way,” Weber said.

“He trained strongly today and we look forward to having him on the field again very soon.”
Only two uses of the word "strong". :D

Only two uses of the word "strong". :D
Nah there's a couple more in the article!
Weber gave versatile midfielder/defender Connor Blakely a clean bill of health after making his return via Peel in the WAFL last Saturday.

“Connor returned really strongly, he got through the game without any issues at all and he put up some good numbers, he ran well,” Weber said.

“Shane (Kersten) is recovering from foot surgery a couple of weeks ago. He ran strongly this afternoon so he’s progressing along nicely.”

How many uses of “Attitude and application”?

Rather those than “Awareness”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
About 3 and Ballas strength markers and positive attitude!

“He started his running program today, he’s progressed through his strength markers and is doing really well. His attitude is really positive, he’s keen to get back this year and I’m sure we’re going to achieve that.

Hill is getting the Bennell treatment.

6-7 weeks
6 weeks
5-6 weeks
5 weeks
As has been said a few times around here, the word is he is being held off regardless until after the bye as they are trying to allow it time to rest and recover to avoid further injury or pain more so than fixing a current, specific strain/tear, i.e. being managed. If we were playing finals in a couple of weeks, I would expect he would suddenly be available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 3 and Ballas strength markers and positive attitude!

“He started his running program today, he’s progressed through his strength markers and is doing really well. His attitude is really positive, he’s keen to get back this year and I’m sure we’re going to achieve that.

He is making the KPI a little easy:
“Achieve return before end of the season.”

A time estimate for the Hamstring would be a handy start rather than KPI of playing in some form in the next 18 weeks.

That's not a bad injury list tbf, considering where we are and the season so far!
They've been hammered on here, and rightly so, but now caps should be tipped

It’s not too bad but I’ll save the hat tipping thanks. Or at least when they swap TBC for some sort of time estimation. From what I can gather anything more than 6-weeks is TBC.

And

Besides the positive news about Logue, I liked the bolded bit.

Shortest injury list we've had for a while.
Although I've given up on Harley ever playing again its hard not to daydream sometimes about the idea of Hill, Hill, Bennell, Walters all on the field at once.
If they somehow were all fit and could play together, with our current form on every line - the flag would 100% be ours this season I have no doubt.

Bloody freo.

As has been said a few times around here, the word is he is being held off regardless until after the bye as they are trying to allow it time to rest and recover to avoid further injury or pain more so than fixing a current, specific strain/tear, i.e. being managed. If we were playing finals in a couple of weeks, I would expect he would suddenly be available.

Probably, and we'd likely all be complaining about how Hill doesn't quite look right.

Over the past two season, when he's actually been on the park, SHill has probably had 80% of his games either underdone or impacted with injury. I love him, he's a gem and among my favourite players, but he's had those annoying type of soft tissue recurring injuries which are enough to take the edge off but not enough to totally keep him out (quad in particular).

A fully fit SHill, which I reckon we've not seen since the early part of the 2017 season, is one of our very very best players. It's worth the wait to see if we can get him there again rather than have him run around half baked.

When things are on the up the nay sayers are invisible.
Aren't they just. I actually had a look at some of the key anti-Rossers posting achievements recently, and to put it bluntly, they have neither been solid or strong, and they have clearly not been giving great effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back