Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

In my mind 50% game time from Bennell will most likely have a more positive impact on our side than 65-70% Colyer.

Forget WAFL, straight into the AFL side. Gotta risk it to get the biscuit *.

*If he injures himself in the first 5 minutes of play I still reserve the right to criticise the decision.

i'll take Bennell on one leg over Colyer. He burns more ball than Daenerys burns children.

Beating a dead horse

We're not the only ones, Paddy Mccartin, Daniel Wells, Hannebery, Deledio etc. 3 of those blokes are old too, yet they're still on an AFL list. Sandi is 36 and waaayyyyy more unlikely to play in a Freo premiership than HB but everyone's happy for him to stay on the list until season's end, including me.
What I'm trying to say here is that sometimes the 30% chance of a HB/McCartin/Wells type getting on the park is better than the 30% chance of your next pick being half the player the HB/McCartin/wells type.

Last edited:
And now Sam Sturts career is in trouble before it starts..we can’t take a trick with our early draft picks

We don't seem to be having much luck with our first round picks at the moment. Really feel for Sturt. Hopefully he can turn it around (perhaps with the use of headgear) but end of the day, two concussions in such a small amount of time means he should seriously consider his future.

Wait what’s happened with Sturt? Thought he was just recovering from a concussion?
They know he's a gun so they are taking the opportunity to make him feel like his career is in jeopardy so they can sign him up to a 7 year deal at 100k/year.

In all seriousness i think they are just using it as a chance to give him another mini pre-season as he was a fair way back when drafted, get him in the gym work on his endurance, let him go home for a bit, negotiate an extension. back after the bye and the club can't be accused of rushing him back should he happen to pick up another concussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt read too much into that at this stage. The second concussion left the other dude in hospital, its not like these are small hits like St Kilda's McCartin.

As said above, there is no need to rush Sturt since he was always a really long-term prospect that was a long way from playing but who had Rozee level upside.

They've just plonked him in the gym and running laps for a couple of months to be safe with the whole concussion thing while not really losing much at all on his development since he needs to eat a lot of chicken and run a lot of laps to even get close to the same base every other draftee was coming from.

I saw Bennell at the footy. He was gleaming. Didn't look like someone wearing the ravages of drugs or alcohol. He was protecting a beautiful woman through the crowd because she appeared to be pregnant.

I reckon he deserves to play again and I hope he does.
Another 98 games would be a good investment. Beyond possible?

Excuse me what the ****? When did Tabs get injured on the weekend? Hope to God tho that Ross plays McCarthy instead of Cox now
Injury gods having a chuckle at us getting a little sunshiney in our bruised little hearts about the improving rehab group and then... SMACK!!! take that suckers. Both Darcy and Taberner down, double-up motherf---ers.

Good opportunity for Cox to step up and be da man though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back