Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree PapaJ my biggest disappointment is not seeing Darcy and Lobb this weekend.

I’d say we need to go old school and let Darcy drop behind the ball and let Cox ruck in the fwd fidy. Hopefully we can take advantage of Darcy’s very skilled ruck knocks to advantage in centre clearances. We have struggled in this area in most games.

What we have lost with Lobb is athleticism around the ground and he has looked dangerous when dropping i50. I’d say training on Sat was preparing for these changes. Rumours on Lobb were floating around in Thu/Fri.

Paddy ryder is one of the best tap ruckman in the league. And Lycett is very good round the ground.
We is fooked
Then we shark them. Did it against Grundy. Darcy has to match up with Lycett. Have to try and get it out of the middle and in our forward. It’ll be a defensive slog type of game anyway.

I agree PapaJ my biggest disappointment is not seeing Darcy and Lobb this weekend.

I’d say we need to go old school and let Darcy drop behind the ball and let Cox ruck in the fwd fidy. Hopefully we can take advantage of Darcy’s very skilled ruck knocks to advantage in centre clearances. We have struggled in this area in most games.

What we have lost with Lobb is athleticism around the ground and he has looked dangerous when dropping i50. I’d say training on Sat was preparing for these changes. Rumours on Lobb were floating around in Thu/Fri.

Like this thinking. It's going to take a bit of tweeking from the midfield brigade, but we need to play to his strengths (stoppages) and hide his weaknesses (open field play, speed and mobility).

We're not gunning for flags at this stage anyway, Darcy being forced to play No 1. ruck is going to be interesting if nothing else.

More worried about covering Pearce TBH. Logue has all the goods, but has so little match time under his belt. Basically another rookie year really, just with a bit more base fitness in him. Then it's pretty thin pickings to take his spot.

Logue is a pick 8 key position player in his 3rd year . He should take the CHB role and be bloody great at it. Pearce was off for 2 years before coming back in. Don’t make excuses for him it’s time for him to be a player
Time to be fit and get with it. Pre season he trains and look like a beast. Time to be one

Logue is a pick 8 key position player in his 3rd year . He should take the CHB role and be bloody great at it. Pearce was off for 2 years before coming back in. Don’t make excuses for him it’s time for him to be a player

Like it, but to be fair, Pearce had 3 full pre-seasons and 21 games over 2 seasons before his big injury lay-off, had also played more footy in general before that. Logue has had 2 pre-seasons 13 games in 1 season - and fairly average games at that. In theory Logue's base fitness should be OK, but his feel for AFL footy wont be the same level both by natural ability and time on ground.

So are we comparing apples and apples? Maybe Grany Smiths and Red Delicious o_O - they're comparable but not like for like in all sorts of ways.

Still, like you say, this is what he's here for - time to get busy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Tabs can come off the LTI list if he recovers prior to the end of the season. We just need to replace him with another long term injury - Pearce and/or Giro for example.
That's not what how I understand the long term injury list for mid season draft rules go.

Tayl0r can you please clarify?

That's not what how I understand the long term injury list for mid season draft rules go.

Tayl0r can you please clarify?
We need to have someone on the inactive list for Dillon to play.

Giro, Moose and Tabs aren't playing again so any could be used to allow O'Reilly to play.

We need to have someone on the inactive list for Dillon to play.

Giro, Moose and Tabs aren't playing again so any could be used to allow O'Reilly to play.
So you're sure it doesn't have to be Taberner and he can come off the LTI list for someone else because that's not how I understand the rules?

Taberner's injury was caught early and he could be healed by end of July.

Re Pearce
A large cast like that. That’s a broken leg right?
Superkoops said:
Surgery yesterday - instagram post today
View attachment 687278

I am not sure if someone had posted somewhere about the fracture but I think is is quite serious as it was reported that he had a plate and screws inserted, there's no way it is a smallish bone like the fibula,I'd say it his tibia at that base of his ankle,the major large bone. He will be out for some time and when it's healed ,may have to have the plate removed as it my restrict his movement in his ankle.

F

Re Pearce

Superkoops said:
View attachment 687278

I am not sure if someone had posted somewhere about the fracture but I think is is quite serious as it was reported that he had a plate and screws inserted, there's no way it is a smallish bone like the fibula,I'd say it his tibia at that base of his ankle,the major large bone. He will be out for some time and when it's healed ,may have to have the plate removed as it my restrict his movement in his ankle.

F
Sounds like O'Reilly was the right decision then.

Re Pearce

Superkoops said:
View attachment 687278

F
We have since found out that it is the medial malleous, which is as you say the base of the Tibia. He had surgery last Tue morning. Best option for future recovery is the plate and screw.

I initially wondered whether it was the fibula because of Rosco’s comments post game that APearce could weight bear.

Re Pearce

Superkoops said:
View attachment 687278

F

It looks like this:
images

The plate and screws put it back in position for it to heal, the scar on the ankle looks worse than it is.

We have suspended training at Optus. Interesting.
Part of a full medical and operations review

Pearces was due to a normal mechanism and Taberners was blamed on Optus from the sounds of it, not sure with Lobb now I guess we will find out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back