Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the critics of the S&C team (and I have been one of them at times) even the best resourced of them get it wrong. Take a look at this from Golden State GM of Basketball Operations with respect to the decision to allow KD to play:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...y/news-story/c76f28c070c78d673e289bdb44aa8517
Sometimes you can do everything in your power and another injury occurs. Original injury was calf “Prior to coming back he went through four weeks with the medical team, it was thorough, [with] experts, and multiple MRIs, multiple doctors, and we felt good about the process." but achillies injured.

While there is probably some connection, I would be very happy if our injured players (Hogan says Hi) had multiple MRI's, multiple doctors and experts to check on their progress.

For all the critics of the S&C team (and I have been one of them at times) even the best resourced of them get it wrong. Take a look at this from Golden State GM of Basketball Operations with respect to the decision to allow KD to play:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...y/news-story/c76f28c070c78d673e289bdb44aa8517
That's pretty tough. It's the Finals, championship on the line. He has been rested for 2 weeks. KD pushed to play more then the medical staff themselves.
But wonder what he will do now he's out indefinitely. Could be grounds for malpractice/sue.

That's pretty tough. It's the Finals, championship on the line. He has been rested for 2 weeks. KD pushed to play more then the medical staff themselves.
But wonder what he will do now he's out indefinitely. Could be grounds for malpractice/sue.

They have strong contracts in place to stop lawsuits unless there is negligence. From what the Gm said there is no case for negligence unless all the experts were saying don't play. That would not be the case here.

Sometimes you can do everything in your power and another injury occurs. Original injury was calf “Prior to coming back he went through four weeks with the medical team, it was thorough, [with] experts, and multiple MRIs, multiple doctors, and we felt good about the process." but achillies injured.

While there is probably some connection, I would be very happy if our injured players (Hogan says Hi) had multiple MRI's, multiple doctors and experts to check on their progress.
As would I and I expect that Hogan, Hill and Bennell have had more that their share of MRI's etc over the past few months. The trouble is they are historical references for the most part and not predictive unless they show something amiss and then the s&C team takes over as they did for Logue last year I think. The strength testing that is done on soft tissue injuries are a better indicator I expect for that type of injury than an MRI.

I am ceratinly no expert so don't presume to know any of teh aboce for a fact!:think::think:

We seem to get key players injured just when we are doing well don’t we?
Ross on TV says Hill and Bennell are unlikely to be picked for this week.
Surely if they are fit the quicker they return the better for them and the team.

We seem to get key players injured just when we are doing well don’t we?
Ross on TV says Hill and Bennell are unlikely to be picked for this week.
Surely if they are fit the quicker they return the better for them and the team.
It will be a conditioning thing for both of them. Shill hasn't played for a year at any level and Harley has barely played for 4 years.

No need to rush them and honestly nobody deserves to be dropped. Add to that we already have 2 forced changes and I think it makes sense to wait on them. Personally think Shilly is back in next week and Harley one of the following 2 weeks.

Lots of people were calling it an achilles from the get go. Saying it was a calf was just a cover story. Lots of coverage on ESPN over the last month, with many saying before he played that it was not a good idea. People with intel that even his most recent workout went badly. All that crap about MRIs, doctors, etc ... I don't buy it. He was nowhere near 100% and everybody knew it, but he went out and played anyway. Lots of pressure from the Warriors to play. They knew there was a fairly high risk of doing what he did.

Lots of people were calling it an achilles from the get go. Saying it was a calf was just a cover story. Lots of coverage on ESPN over the last month, with many saying before he played that it was not a good idea. People with intel that even his most recent workout went badly. All that crap about MRIs, doctors, etc ... I don't buy it. He was nowhere near 100% and everybody knew it, but he went out and played anyway. Lots of pressure from the Warriors to play. They knew there was a fairly high risk of doing what he did.
If your calf is torn, it will normally give way before your achilles ruptures

How long is it since WCE stopped training at The Craypot? Seems we are slow learners.
Despite reassuring noises from the Club there must still be doubts about the surface at Cockburn.
No doubt this will be the subject of a few more reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long is it since WCE stopped training at The Craypot? Seems we are slow learners.
Despite reassuring noises from the Club there must still be doubts about the surface at Cockburn.
No doubt this will be the subject of a few more reviews.
To be fair, that happened as soon as Barrass got injured.
Should’ve done that as soon as Tabs did his fracture. Twice in as many years should be concerning enough.
But now we learned that lesson

I like a bit of conspiracy theory here.

Anyway whether the injury inspired them to the win or not it's made the next game (or two) very exciting!

As would I and I expect that Hogan, Hill and Bennell have had more that their share of MRI's etc over the past few months. The trouble is they are historical references for the most part and not predictive unless they show something amiss and then the s&C team takes over as they did for Logue last year I think. The strength testing that is done on soft tissue injuries are a better indicator I expect for that type of injury than an MRI.

I am ceratinly no expert so don't presume to know any of teh aboce for a fact!:think::think:
No real need to have MRI's for soft tissue injuries of SHilly or Bennell I wouldn't have thought. However MRI is about the only test that can find a hotspot indicating stress fracture or hole developing in bones like navicular.

No real need to have MRI's for soft tissue injuries of SHilly or Bennell I wouldn't have thought. However MRI is about the only test that can find a hotspot indicating stress fracture or hole developing in bones like navicular.
MRI is ideal for soft tissue injuries....shows if full thickness, partial thickness tears etc :)

Sorry for dropping in like this guys, I was just wondering whether or not the injury to Alex Pearce might mean that someone like Ryan has to play a more accountable role?

Is that possible or am I way of base and Logue will come in and just do the job?

Sorry for dropping in like this guys, I was just wondering whether or not the injury to Alex Pearce might mean that someone like Ryan has to play a more accountable role?

Is that possible or am I way of base and Logue will come in and just do the job?

Has Luke Ryan trained this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back