Injuries 2019

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL club paying out players after career ending injury is in the AFLPA agreement.

Getting a contractual payment isn't the same as suing the club. But it seems that rumour was not reliable?

Getting a contractual payment isn't the same as suing the club. But it seems that rumour was not reliable?
I believe it's covered by insurance, so as with most insurance claims someone has to be listed as the "at fault" side. When you hear about a family friend suing a child for something, this is usually what happened. The insurance company has required there to be a person claimed against.

It's not always how it's made out.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I believe it's covered by insurance, so as with most insurance claims someone has to be listed as the "at fault" side. When you hear about a family friend suing a child for something, this is usually what happened. The insurance company has required there to be a person claimed against.

It's not always how it's made out.

Makes sense, cheers

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kersten should sue that Pizza place in Fremantle. We gave him a game after that food poisoning issue and hasn’t done much for Freo since he first stepped onto the field - aside from a late goal against NM and helping drag Hamling over.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Pretty much sums up their character. He should move back in with his rugby mate on the gold coast.
How much money has the campaigner made off us ?? For no reward
Wow. No substance to it at all it seems, but you want to trash a couple of our players; Who's character got summed up here?

And for what it's worth, anyone should have the right to sue their employer if they think they have been mistreated.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was in the supporters club on Sunday and Tabs gave a short interview. He is happy with his progress and hinted that he was likely to be back in shape for training a few weeks before the end of the season.

Galvo

Senior List
Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of the talls, that makes it Taberner, Pearce, Apeness, Hogan, Sandilands, Darcy, Logue, Kersten and Meek out for an extended period due to injuries received this season. That can’t just be bad luck can it?

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
Of the talls, that makes it Taberner, Pearce, Apeness, Hogan, Sandilands, Darcy, Logue, Kersten and Meek out for an extended period due to injuries received this season. That can’t just be bad luck can it?
Not to mention Lobb

Seven of those had previously been out for extended periods injured

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
A solution to our injury woes is obvious. Simply draft/ trade in shorter players. A height limit of 180cm should do the trick.

All Bell's cunning plan; clearly he's trying to build an entire AFL team in his image.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
You'd think at this point Meek's gonna be rookie listed, showed strong signs in Peel so delisting would be unfair

I can't say I saw Meek's last game where he got two goals and lots of hitouts (One of only two games I can think of where he got more than a goal), but Strnadica got those kinds of stats quite often for us as a younger player and still got delisted......

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hogan's injury would have an enormous amount of variables that impact the timeline to recovery. In Webber's position do you;

A: update that timeline each week knowing that it's likely to vary largely week to week.

B: leave it as TBC

Scenario: Oh no looks like Hogan's recovery has been slowed by one or more of the variables and his timeline will be pushed back.

If you chose A: time to get s**t on by football supporters with no injury expertise because the injury timeline being pushed back

If you chose B: time to get s**t on by football supporters with no injury expertise for not providing the information they would have s**t on you over if you had provided it.

Back