Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can't say I saw Meek's last game where he got two goals and lots of hitouts (One of only two games I can think of where he got more than a goal), but Strnadica got those kinds of stats quite often for us as a younger player and still got delisted......

In the ressies, he may’ve but I didn’t think he did it at league level???

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If they rush Hill back this week in Tassie it could only be because they are trying to extract some revenge against Gold coast for sending us a star player with rope for muscles

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

No he did do this at league level (it unfortunately only shows the last 10 games but he is listed as being the Leading goal kicker for Peel at League level in 2018 see the bottom of following page as part of achievements https://www.wafl.com.au/player/luke-strnadica# ); he did also play reserves last year at times as did Jones and Meek at times which seemed to be part of the general rotations.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Hogan's injury would have an enormous amount of variables that impact the timeline to recovery. In Webber's position do you;

A: update that timeline each week knowing that it's likely to vary largely week to week.

B: leave it as TBC

Scenario: Oh no looks like Hogan's recovery has been slowed by one or more of the variables and his timeline will be pushed back.

If you chose A: time to get s**t on by football supporters with no injury expertise because the injury timeline being pushed back

If you chose B: time to get s**t on by football supporters with no injury expertise for not providing the information they would have s**t on you over if you had provided it.

Yes, is a bit of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Also, they have it listed as TBA not TBC, I wonder how much thought goes into the TBA category. I mean, is that different to TBC - which implies we have some idea, but we just don't know how long its going to take? TBA could mean, we have some idea and we don't want to say, or it could easily mean, we will announce it when we have a clue, i.e. we have NFI. Now our mood these days suggests that is exactly what they mean, but i don't think so - I think it's more the former.

The other option is to just put massive ranges - Hogan 2-8 weeks, then that pisses fans off other ways.

So yeah, I don't know, reckon if they don't know they don't know and fans just have to realise we're dealing with human beings not your Toyota checked in at the shop.

Shoeless Joe

Team Captain
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like most fans on here I had a belief that our S&C team were below average and that we seemed to constantly be worse off than most clubs when it comes to injuries and the number of available players at any one time . Had a squiz at the AFL injury list for this week and was surprised to see that we are a long way from the worst off.

Here is the number of unavailable players from each club as listed this week

Adelaide 8 (3 listed as tests)
Brisbane 3 (1)
Carlton 8 (2)
Collingwood 14 (4)
Essendon 10 (2)
Freo 9 (1)
Geelong 7 (5)
Gold Coast 10 (1)
GWS 12 (4)
Hawthorn 7 (4)
Melbourne 14 (2)
North 13 (2)
Port 6 (2)
Richmond 10 (3)
St Kilda 14 (2)
Sydney 9 (2)
West Coast 9 (3)
Bulldogs 7 (2)

Brisbane is by far the least affected by injuries and no doubt that is helping them in their climb up the ladder .

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Like most fans on here I had a belief that our S&C team were below average and that we seemed to constantly be worse off than most clubs when it comes to injuries and the number of available players at any one time . Had a squiz at the AFL injury list for this week and was surprised to see that we are a long way from the worst off.

Here is the number of unavailable players from each club as listed this week

Adelaide 8 (3 listed as tests)
Brisbane 3 (1)
Carlton 8 (2)
Collingwood 14 (4)
Essendon 10 (2)
Freo 9 (1)
Geelong 7 (5)
Gold Coast 10 (1)
GWS 12 (4)
Hawthorn 7 (4)
Melbourne 14 (2)
North 13 (2)
Port 6 (2)
Richmond 10 (3)
St Kilda 14 (2)
Sydney 9 (2)
West Coast 9 (3)
Bulldogs 7 (2)

Brisbane is by far the least affected by injuries and no doubt that is helping them in their climb up the ladder .
Our problem is the players that need to play in the advent of injuries. They aren't good enough or not ready.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I hope that the club is more careful with Stephen Hill this time and choose to ease him back through Peel Thunder for 2 0r 3 weeks before bringing him back to the AFL side, he needs to ensure that he has 100% match fitness before being brought into the team to make sure he doesn't easily re-injure himself.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
If the S&C team had balls, they would hold Stephen Hill and try getting him do match simulations. But the coaches will force him to play, underfit. And then viscous cycle continues.
Love how ignorant they are of Hogan’s injury. Just say we have no idea. And same to Tabs. He’s walking, running.
Stuff signing a petition to get a new coach, would 100% sign one to sack the fitness staff for 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
No he did do this at league level (it unfortunately only shows the last 10 games but he is listed as being the Leading goal kicker for Peel at League level in 2018 see the bottom of following page as part of achievements https://www.wafl.com.au/player/luke-strnadica# ); he did also play reserves last year at times as did Jones and Meek at times which seemed to be part of the general rotations.
Nads 2018 league stats

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 2.10.57 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 2.10.57 pm.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 168

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Just give Stephen Hill a month off to properly recuperate. None of this rushing back straight in. Just give him rest and get him right. FFS.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the S&C team had balls, they would hold Stephen Hill and try getting him do match simulations. But the coaches will force him to play, underfit. And then viscous cycle continues.
Love how ignorant they are of Hogan’s injury. Just say we have no idea. And same to Tabs. He’s walking, running.
Stuff signing a petition to get a new coach, would 100% sign one to sack the fitness staff for 2020
Travis King said on sportsFM this morning that Hogan was running pretty well attaining this morning. If that was the case then you’d expect him to be a test for next week...

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Travis King said on sportsFM this morning that Hogan was running pretty well attaining this morning. If that was the case then you’d expect him to be a test for next week...
Maybe, maybe not. Injury progression isn't as linear as we'd like it, especially finicky foot bones. Also there's a lot more to footy than running.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
We're not making finals this year, so I'd honestly just give Hogan the rest of the year to work on improving his fitness back up to peak level so he's ready to go into pre-season fully fit. Same with Hill and any other injured players. Use this as an opportunity to bring in some young players so they can actually get some good game time. Schultz, Crowden, Banfield and Carter would all benefit from some AFL game time.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
We're not making finals this year, so I'd honestly just give Hogan the rest of the year to work on improving his fitness back up to peak level so he's ready to go into pre-season fully fit. Same with Hill and any other injured players. Use this as an opportunity to bring in some young players so they can actually get some good game time. Schultz, Crowden, Banfield and Carter would all benefit from some AFL game time.

True, but I reckon the coach needs some good performances to show that all is still progressing at Freo and for that reason everyone that is available will be played.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its amazing to think we would delist anyone -- anyone -- who has any type of goal kicking award during their time with us.

True, but I reckon the coach needs some good performances to show that all is still progressing at Freo and for that reason everyone that is available will be played.

I agree. We should play the kids but the supporters will be better pleased by having the club win more games than pushing experience into the younger guys.

Back