Ed Richards (concussion) – TBC
Adam Treloar (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Louis Butler (calf) – 2-3 weeks
Lin Jong (hamstring) – 2-4 weeks
Ryan Gardner (shoulder) – 2-4 weeks
Alex Keath (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks
Stefan Martin (groin/hip) – 3-4 weeks
Toby McLean (knee) – season

Oh well, at least we need not waste another second wondering how thoroughly screwed we'd be if Keath ever went down.

Really hurting for Bruce, even St Kilda fans have no ill will for him. Did everything right including laying off the booze. Regularly runs 11-12km a game.
Turned a terrible 2020 season into a Coleman threatening 2021.

At 29 years old & turning 30 and a half before he comes back it’s a shithouse time to do an ACL. In typical Dogs fashion it’s in the last 8 seconds of a doomed game.

At least he’ll have time to practice his banjo playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least if Bruce did his ACL in round 1 he'd likely be ready for round 1 next year.

To do it three weeks before finals, meaning he'll not only miss finals but most/all of next season, is just awful luck.

Very sorry to hear the news and hope he makes a quicker than expected recovery.

******* shattered about Josh Bruce’s ACL injury he was having a great year as well

Have we had more ACL injuries than any other team in the last 5-6 years??

It's crushing.

Since 2016:

Bruce
McLean x 2
Dale Morris
Jong
Libba
Murphy
Redpath
R.Smith
Plus Clay Smith was forced to retire after doing 3!

I'm f***in over it, can at some point we get some luck.

Terrible for Juice, 150th game and all.

On a side note, Marvel Stadium claims another victim. When will the AFLPA step in and insist that something is done about the number of serious joint and brain injuries that are done here. It seems that at least one player every week ends up with a long-term knee or ankle injury, or a concussion, all due to a surface that is a disaster of a design.

I literally had a terrible sleep last night. I'm never in a great mood after we lose, but I found myself waking a couple of times actually thinking about Josh's injury. Maybe just an indication that, whether we care to admit it or not, our game and our players mean a hell of a lot to us. I certainly feel terrible for Josh and, by extension, the playing group. For some reason, I'm just a whole lot more down about this injury than others in recent memory. Perhaps it is, as another poster alluded to, because Josh had worked so hard, committed so much to the club and is so enthusiastic and well-liked. This is where the club IS like a family, and that includes us grumpy old supporters.

I literally had a terrible sleep last night. I'm never in a great mood after we lose, but I found myself waking a couple of times actually thinking about Josh's injury. Maybe just an indication that, whether we care to admit it or not, our game and our players mean a hell of a lot to us. I certainly feel terrible for Josh and, by extension, the playing group. For some reason, I'm just a whole lot more down about this injury than others in recent memory. Perhaps it is, as another poster alluded to, because Josh had worked so hard, committed so much to the club and is so enthusiastic and well-liked. This is where the club IS like a family, and that includes us grumpy old supporters.
For me it’s because we are honestly a massive shot at a premiership. I believe us at full strength are as good as anyone.

While he isn’t our best player, he’s extremely important to our structure and as a result our chances have dipped IMO (not saying we can’t do it still)

We have great midfield depth but replacing quality key position players is a real challenge.

I blame this article in yesterday's Herald Sun (sorry cannot find a link).
I always have fears about "the article" jinx, players regularly perform poorly or get injured.
What does Pagan say about players on "media street".

And what's the deal with these injuries at the death. This one was with about 12 secs to go and, as I recall, Dunkley's was about 3 secs to go.

1628482476717.jpeg

I feel exactly the same, he just looks like he has worked so hard to fit in, and has never experienced any success at his other two clubs, it’s so unfair.

I also feel like the players are family, they wouldn’t know me from a bar of soap, but I watch them grow and develop like a protective godmother, and feel their disappointments too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back