Injury Injuries 2021

Crozier is now listed as 1-2 weeks.

Another positive development is that McLean is now listed as 8-10 weeks which is great. I don’t recall seeing a definite time period on his recovery before this week?
On the Barkly St podcast he said he hoped to be back for the second half of the season.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Massive for our forward line, McLean is as tenacious as they come. He’s tough like Vanders too hopefully McNeil/Cav or one of the other smalls lock down a spot by then. McLean would be loving our forward line right now

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Massive for our forward line, McLean is as tenacious as they come. He’s tough like Vanders too hopefully McNeil/Cav or one of the other smalls lock down a spot by then. McLean would be loving our forward line right now
Imagine McLean as a straight swap for McNeil in our team. McNeil probably should have another few goals to his name if he was a bit cleaner, which Toby is.

Endless

Senior List
Jul 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Imagine McLean as a straight swap for McNeil in our team. McNeil probably should have another few goals to his name if he was a bit cleaner, which Toby is.
Lachie McNeil reminds me a lot of the way Toby plays only he is quicker. He has a block of games to prove that the spot is his and that Toby needs to re- invent himself again.

Lachie McNeil reminds me a lot of the way Toby plays only he is quicker. He has a block of games to prove that the spot is his and that Toby needs to re- invent himself again.
I would take McLean over McNeill anytime

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Injury list

Mitch Hannan (concussion) test
Hayden Crozier (shoulder) test
Ed Richards (ankle) 4-6 weeks
Ryan Gardner (shoulder) 5-7 weeks
Toby McLean (knee) 6-8 weeks

Crozier looks to be available so will probably come straight in for Caleb.

Toby was 8-10 weeks last week and is now at 6-8 weeks this week. Recovery must be progressing really well.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Pretty good news for Williams I'd say. Collarbones heal very well and tend to heal stronger than before, and quite quickly. An AC joint would've been an ongoing issue to worry about.

THE UNDEFEATED Western Bulldogs will be forced into a defensive reshuffle with Bailey Williams to miss up to a month with a collarbone injury.

Williams was subbed off during the third quarter of last week's big win over Gold Coast with scans later confirming a fracture.

He will undergo surgery on Monday.

"In the third quarter, Bailey came to the bench after a heavy hit to his collarbone," head of sports medicine Chris Bell said.

"Scans have confirmed that he did fracture his collarbone and that required surgery today.

"In the next couple of days, we’ll confirm his plan, but expect him to miss the next two-to-four weeks."

Jong, Hamstring requires surgery 10-12 weeks.

poor old Jong. He’s fine & durable in the VFL, but the mere scent of grass in the seniors requires a lengthy layoff. I hope he’s mentally OK. Did he do an ACL at one point or am I inventing an extra injury?

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jong, Hamstring requires surgery 10-12 weeks.

poor old Jong. He’s fine & durable in the VFL, but the mere scent of grass in the seniors requires a lengthy layoff. I hope he’s mentally OK. Did he do an ACL at one point or am I inventing an extra injury?
Im unsure of the ACL, but i though they took a tendon from there for the last hammy. Poor buggers body is just shot.

At some point he'll have to consider what his quality of life might be when he gets older if he keeps going down this path.

Generation West

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder what Andrew Dunkley thinks about us sending Josh back out after he had the shoulder popped back in the first time?

Can’t blame him for being annoyed as it seemed a strange decision to send him back out with 10 mins left and the game well within our control.

Maybe Josh overruled the medicos and said get me out there and see how it goes?

Hate to dis our medical staff, as they seem great people but we do have form here (Clay Smith).

Even if the player declares himself aware of the risks involved by going back out there, surely the club doctor has the authority and duty of care to go ‘sorry young man - you are done for the night’.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Suddenly the injury list looks not so good.

Amazing how things can change so quickly.

Players we can least afford to lose from here are Bont, Keath, Naughton, Macrae, Martin.

Back