Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies

So the real mystery is… Where is Kieran Briggs?

Wasn’t an emergency (Preuss & Keefe played VFL, MdB was the medi-sub and Peatling obviously the travelling emergency) but Briggs didn’t play in the VFL game either - and now not listed in the injury update at all. Usually in a situation like that he would be either a Test or mentioned as available for selection in the body of the article.

Anyone have any info on the big fella?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
E65A60B5-AE24-432A-B255-E9873649121F.png

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

So the real mystery is… Where is Kieran Briggs?

Wasn’t an emergency (Preuss & Keefe played VFL, MdB was the medi-sub and Peatling obviously the travelling emergency) but Briggs didn’t play in the VFL game either - and now not listed in the injury update at all. Usually in a situation like that he would be either a Test or mentioned as available for selection in the body of the article.

Anyone have any info on the big fella?

Heard he had a cork and is a possibility for this week.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
One thing I find amazing in all the Leon press conferences I have seen over the last 4 years (both during the week and post game) I cannot recall any member of the press grilling him about the club's deplorable injury record and what is being done to improve this.

It's the most obvious question in the world yet no one either seems to think to ask about it or the club has some arrangement to have these questions be out of bounds.

Have a look at the Lions and Swans injury lists yet again with barely anyone on them. Staggering this aspect is not more heavily publicised/scrutinised.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
A complete disaster.

Let’s hope JH makes a full recovery.

Anyone else noticing the deafening silence?

Chair, CEO, Director of Football, Line Coaches?

Everyone has gone into hiding.

I’ve got a feeling the next time they all publicly reappear will be with Hird.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Did I miss something that Giants are going to become privately owned? Also think a new coach would be the way to go not someone that flamed out somewhere else unless Clarko is avaliable of course.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
And so it begins again .... the injuries, the loses we shouldn’t have, the media jumping on .... ffs, the boys need to lift

Any word on who the potential buyer may be?
A syndicate of 30 odd US-based investors

One of the main guys leading it is Marc Seidner - an Aussie who is based in the US and sits on the GWS board.

The group of investors are already funding the Giants today, not sure in what capacity and the scale of it but there's certainly more than just a fleeting interest.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
A syndicate of 30 odd US-based investors

One of the main guys leading it is Marc Seidner - an Aussie who is based in the US and sits on the GWS board.

The group of investors are already funding the Giants today, not sure in what capacity and the scale of it but there's certainly more than just a fleeting interest.
Very intresting seems like a good start that he's already on the board, as long as he's willing to pay up and not get too involved in the football side of things wouldn't really have an issue with it.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Very intresting seems like a good start that he's already on the board, as long as he's willing to pay up and not get too involved in the football side of things wouldn't really have an issue with it.
I don’t really get it. They would be losing millions of dollars for years.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Mummy is a living legend, but surely this is a bridge too far and a reckless gamble with his health.

The only scenario in which this possibly makes sense to me is if we have literally no Ruck available to play VFL and he plays as an emergency.

In 2022 our three listed Rucks must be able to cover all AFL fixtures.

IMG_6533.JPG

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Mummy is a living legend, but surely this is a bridge too far and a reckless gamble with his health.

The only scenario in which this possibly makes sense to me is if we have literally no Ruck available to play VFL and he plays as an emergency.

In 2022 our three listed Rucks must be able to cover all AFL fixtures.

View attachment 1360092
Love the media team. One bright light to offset our A+ coach and medical team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back