Injury Injuries 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

GREATER Western Sydney small forward Bobby Hill will make an inspirational return from testicular cancer in the VFL on Saturday afternoon.

The 22-year-old hasn’t played since the round 11 game against Brisbane at the Gabba, after receiving the diagnosis in May.

But after being medically cleared to return to football last month, Hill has now been cleared physically to play against Footscray at Blacktown International Sportspark.

Looks like a bust to me sad to say why we draft players with known injuries when we seem incapable of keeping them fit. I see him leaving after next season no talk of him extending.

Looks like a bust to me sad to say why we draft players with known injuries when we seem incapable of keeping them fit. I see him leaving after next season no talk of him extending.
Won’t be a bust at all, he’s quite an outstanding prospect.

Removing the sesamoid was always going to be last resort as any surgery is but with it gone he will be pain free and can show the world how good he is.

Clearly he too needs time to assess the management of his injury and direction of the club.

He’s a central piece to the future.

Clearly he too needs time to assess the management of his injury and direction of the club.

He’s a central piece to the future.
I mean a bust for us he is going we all know this we have seen the same movie before the only guys who seem to stay are guys that we give ridiculous money to and destroy the cap. Players we offer market rates ditch us I'm having trouble buying this bright future we were told about. Hard to be committed to something when every few years multiple top players just leave. can't even look forward to the draft as I just see players doing their time than leaving Something stinks in our club at the moment when a contracted academy player in the leadership group is out there negotiating deals with other clubs.

That's a slap in the face to fans.

I mean a bust for us he is going we all know this we have seen the same movie before the only guys who seem to stay are guys that we give ridiculous money to and destroy the cap. Players we offer market rates ditch us I'm having trouble buying this bright future we were told about. Hard to be committed to something when every few years multiple top players just leave. can't even look forward to the draft as I just see players doing their time than leaving Something stinks in our club at the moment when a contracted academy player in the leadership group is out there negotiating deals with other clubs.

That's a slap in the face to fans.
I wouldn't be so sure. I think he will stay.

Hopper who you reference is after more money and is welcome to explore his options.

Things will turn around at our club mate. I have ultimate faith once we get our injuries in check.

I wonder what the thinking was in delaying the Callaghan decision for surgery? It was pretty obvious by June we weren't going to be playing finals and could have booked him in then? But no, our medicos decide to leave it until first week of the finals and hence delaying his pre-season. #ijustdontgetit

I wonder what the thinking was in delaying the Callaghan decision for surgery? It was pretty obvious by June we weren't going to be playing finals and could have booked him in then? But no, our medicos decide to leave it until first week of the finals and hence delaying his pre-season. #ijustdontgetit
My understanding is because the surgery is to remove the problematic bone in the troublesome foot.
Reasonably extreme outcome for a 19 year old. He could take off 1-2 years to rehab it non-surgically or sacrifice a body part...

It defintely seemed like it was getting better and he was only a week or so away from coming back to play but it must've flared up again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back