Richards (concussion): Available
Vandermeer (hamstring): Available
Bruce (hamstring): Available
Parker (hamstring): 2-4 weeks
Duryea (knee) 3-5 weeks
Martin (shoulder): TBC
Wallis (foot): season

Weird...

I don't recall seeing an ETA last week for Caleb... Am I right in saying he was listed as 'TBC'?

He had surgery on his knee, correct? Usually I'm all over this stuff but I've been holidaying so I haven't paid as much attention as I usually do.

English (concussion): Available
Richards (concussion): Available
Vandermeer (hamstring): Available
Bruce (hamstring): Available
Parker (hamstring): 2-4 weeks
Duryea (knee) 3-5 weeks
Martin (shoulder): TBC
Wallis (foot): season
Good news about Bruce. I thought he'd be another week on the sidelines.

I hope they are running a special program to keep Vandermeer on the park. I remember they had to do that with Steve Kretiuk when he was constantly having soft tissue injuries. I don't know what was involved but it seemed to improve things for him.

Fingers crossed we get both Richards and Timmy back this week.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Weird...

I don't recall seeing an ETA last week for Caleb... Am I right in saying he was listed as 'TBC'?

He had surgery on his knee, correct? Usually I'm all over this stuff but I've been holidaying so I haven't paid as much attention as I usually do.

Arthroscope is a surgery.

Walsh Bay

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2004
Sydney's West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you believe the relevant AFL page, Brisbane have NO injuries. Not one. A few needing 'tests' but in theory right to go.

There's one big reason some sides have good years and some don't.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you believe the relevant AFL page, Brisbane have NO injuries. Not one. A few needing 'tests' but in theory right to go.

There's one big reason some sides have good years and some don't.
They are regarded as one of the best medical/S&C teams in the industry - maybe our poor run literally every year isnā€™t just a coincidence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gary Zimmerman is very highly regarded

Who wouldn't trust this mo

IMG_0662.jpg

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Believe Caleb was 1-2 weeks last week, and still is now. Wouldnā€™t mind a simple explanation as to why, even if itā€™s boiler plate.

So do we think VDM gets through the grand final sprint today?

Canā€™t recall any bulldogs player doing good in a GF sprint. VDM appears to be one of our quickest, but it wonā€™t surprise me if heā€™s in the bottom half of the field.

Or last after his hammy goes twang

Canā€™t recall any bulldogs player doing good in a GF sprint. VDM appears to be one of our quickest, but it wonā€™t surprise me if heā€™s in the bottom half of the field.

Or last after his hammy goes twang
No, we have a poor record in the sprint with no winner in its 29 year history. There's been some very unsual/unexpected winners including Majak Daw, Rhys Stanley, Brendan Fevola and Ben King, none of whom you would predict had much speed over 100m.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FMD thought someone had already gone down when I saw this bumped!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back