Injury Injuries 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but Toby came straight back into the seniors following his knee last year correct? Expect both him and Juice to come back via the 2s.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Toby came straight back into the seniors following his knee last year correct? Expect both him and Juice to come back via the 2s.
Correct vs Cats came in as a late change

From memory he played like he hadn’t missed a week.

Correct and I expect they’ll both be given a few weeks in the 2’s. I don’t think coming back through the seniors had anything to do with Toby’s reinjury though. He played 3 full AFL games reasonably well on lowish TOG % and then reinjured it at training. Such bad luck.

Correct vs Cats came in as a late change

From memory he played like he hadn’t missed a week.
Wasn't this the game where he found himself in the middle of the ground, 1v3, and won the contested ball to retain possession for us? Was awesome to see, and not something many on our list would have pulled off

After this weekend, there should only be a couple of short term injuries remaining and some medium term ones with VDM and Parker. Hannan seems to have more of a definitive timeframe now too.

Injury List

Riley Garcia (knee) – available
Josh Bruce (knee) – available
Lachie Hunter (personal) – available
Stefan Martin (shoulder) – 1-2 weeks
Toby McLean (knee) – 1-2 weeks
Mitch Hannan (concussion) – 1-2 weeks
Laith Vandermeer (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks
Charlie Parker (hamstring) – 5-7 weeks

After this weekend, there should only be a couple of short term injuries remaining and some medium term ones with VDM and Parker. Hannan seems to have more of a definitive timeframe now too.

Injury List

Riley Garcia (knee) – available
Josh Bruce (knee) – available
Lachie Hunter (personal) – available
Stefan Martin (shoulder) – 1-2 weeks
Toby McLean (knee) – 1-2 weeks
Mitch Hannan (concussion) – 1-2 weeks
Laith Vandermeer (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks
Charlie Parker (hamstring) – 5-7 weeks

VDM's hamstrings really worry me.

VDM's hamstrings really worry me.
Agree. The saying goes that the best ability is availability and he's missing too many games and being subbed out too often for my liking.

Interesting that McLean 1-2 weeks behind Bruce when he did the ACL 3 weeks earlier. Is this just precautionary given it’s his 2nd ACL?

Interesting that McLean 1-2 weeks behind Bruce when he did the ACL 3 weeks earlier. Is this just precautionary given it’s his 2nd ACL?
Possibly but the healing times can vary. Bruce at 10 months is reasonably quick. There are plenty around the league that take the full 12 months.

From memory wasn't there a lot more structural damage on top of the ACL rupture around McLeans than Bruce? That and the fact it's McLean's second knee probably leads to a longer recovery time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury List

Toby McLean (knee) – available
Mitch Hannan (concussion) – test
Stefan Martin (shoulder) – test
Cody Weightman (elbow) – test
Tim English (concussion) – TBC
Laith Vandermeer (hamstring) – 2-3 weeks
Charlie Parker (hamstring) – 4-6 weeks
Taylor Duryea (knee) – 6-8 weeks

English out with delayed concussion this week unfortunately. Reasonably positive news on Cody. No bone damage so hopefully will be able to play with strapping to protect the ligaments. McLean playing VFL this weekend.

Injury List

English out with delayed concussion this week unfortunately. Reasonably positive news on Cody. No bone damage so hopefully will be able to play with strapping to protect the ligaments. McLean playing VFL this weekend.
So English was concussed in that tackle. Any report?

Injury List

It's concerning that English has another concussion. Both for him and for the team's prospects.

Last time he was concussed (also against GWS, a Naughton knee at Manuka last year) he ended up being on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Given that recent history they will no doubt err on the side of caution, and rightly so. It's a significant blow to our finals chances, slender as they were.

Delete the Changes vs Hawthorn thread and start again.

Good news that Toby's back though. He'll need some time in the VFL and I wouldn't object if it was limited minutes for a week or two either.

Better news re Weightman but I hope he's not selected if there's any residual inflammation.

It's concerning that English has another concussion. Both for him and for the team's prospects.

Last time he was concussed (also against GWS, a Naughton knee at Manuka last year) he ended up being on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Given that recent history they will no doubt err on the side of caution, and rightly so. It's a significant blow to our finals chances, slender as they were.

Delete the Changes vs Hawthorn thread and start again.

Good news that Toby's back though. He'll need some time in the VFL and I wouldn't object if it was limited minutes for a week or two either.

Better news re Weightman but I hope he's not selected if there's any residual inflammation.
It was a shocking concussion, to be fair.

I wouldn't read much into a previous concussion with Tim, if memory serves me correctly it was his first concussion last year and was a freak accident that was lucky not to break his jaw. If we assume this concussion was as a result of the Preuss' tackle (which seems likely) then he's just been very unlucky.

It wouldn't shock me if he missed more games than just the one but I don't believe he will, personally.

I wouldn't read much into a previous concussion with Tim, if memory serves me correctly it was his first concussion last year and was a freak accident that was lucky not to break his jaw. If we assume this concussion was as a result of the Preuss' tackle (which seems likely) then he's just been very unlucky.

It wouldn't shock me if he missed more games than just the one but I don't believe he will, personally.
Likely will, already said they're going to be conservative so probably a few at least

I can see English retiring before the age of 28. I hope I'm wrong. These ongoing concussions are extremely concerning. ☹️
Oh cmon * off with this s**t, it’s not like he’s Will Pucovski getting concussed from a beach ball, he’s had two one from an extremely big knee to the head and now this from a big slam to the ground.

Of course a single concussion is never good but most players would have a lot more than 2 in their career

Oh cmon * off with this s**t, it’s not like he’s Will Pucovski getting concussed from a beach ball, he’s had two one from an extremely big knee to the head and now this from a big slam to the ground.

Of course a single concussion is never good but most players would have a lot more than 2 in their career
Two in the same year and three in less than 18 months. Don't be so naive.

Not his first. He’s had at least 2 in pre-season the past 2/3 years as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back