Injury Injuries 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is that he's going to probably need 2 games in a row to be considered for AFL selection.

What could have been one more week (or two at most), probably is 3-4.
It was always going to be like this IMO. Everyone was just hoping that Bruce would be back in at AFL level in a couple of weeks and our forward line would function like last year.

Iā€™d be shocked if he performs consistently at AFL level this year at all. Itā€™s a shocking injury to return from so we need to get used to the current trio of tall forwards forming a bit of chemistry.

It was always going to be like this IMO. Everyone was just hoping that Bruce would be back in at AFL level in a couple of weeks and our forward line would function like last year.

Iā€™d be shocked if he performs consistently at AFL level this year at all. Itā€™s a shocking injury to return from so we need to get used to the current trio of tall forwards forming a bit of chemistry.
Yep the blokes 30yo 197cm and probably 100kgs too - it was never going to be as easy for him as say McLean coming back last year, we really shouldnā€™t expect anything out of him this year, anything we get is a bonus and Iā€™d still have my main focus as preparing him for round 1 - if thereā€™s any risk whatsoever itā€™s not worth it considering our years done anyway

Glass half full it is better this happened to Bruce before he made his comeback.

Toby McLean playing VFL this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a utensil up it was to sign Stefan Martin on for the year!

I hope Bruce is the outlier because of his knee injury but we've had a heap of soft tissue injuries this year.

Really can't see him playing on next year when he's struggling to play at the moment. I'm sure the club would love having him captain Footscray but I really do think he's done as an AFL player.

Foot injury requiring surgery - and he is apparently going to hit the pre-season hard. I would have liked him as a deep forward early in the year, didnā€™t happen despite the injuries we had.

In may well be the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Typical of this season really .. there is always a sneaky injury not in reports that ends up week

Burn the year
Hardly this season. It has been happening for ages.

Frustrating as it is for us I understand why it happens. If the player is declared fit and plays then the opposition is none the wiser that he's carrying an injury (which might otherwise make him or his injury a target during the game). If he fails to get up the opposition is caught slightly off-guard - it has already picked its team and developed its game plan (yes some clubs have them!) and it makes it harder to adjust late in the week. ["OK guys, this week we're going to neutralise Caleb and this is how we'll go about it ... then we're going to play through him and exploit his lack of height."]

Not big advantages but every little 1% helps.

We frustrated supporters are just collateral damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back