Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

8 outs and 2 tests - that still 20-25% of our list. Fortunately only 2 automatic senior selections among them.

Pretty much a wasted season for Darcy, Bedendo, Roarke and Gallagher though. They all could have offered us something if fit. I’d pick Roarke ahead of McNeil, McComb and McHannan and probably Baker, VDM and Crozier too.
Would easily pick him ahead of Poulter and Garcia as well.

8 outs and 2 tests - that still 20-25% of our list. Fortunately only 2 automatic senior selections among them.

Pretty much a wasted season for Darcy, Bedendo, Roarke and Gallagher though. They all could have offered us something if fit. I’d pick Roarke ahead of McNeil, McComb and McHannan and probably Baker, VDM and Crozier too.
But if Roarke played we don’t pick up Poulter - he will be a player from what I have seen.

I didn’t think I’d be saying this but VDM has been good in my opinion. I like what he brings to the team and good to see him get a run free of injuries.

I didn’t think I’d be saying this but VDM has been good in my opinion. I like what he brings to the team and good to see him get a run free of injuries.
If he is going to have a senior career it looks like it's off half back. Encouraging in his handful of games there so far but I am still not wholly convinced. Happy to see how he goes in 2024 after he spends a whole preseason working into that role.

But if Roarke played we don’t pick up Poulter - he will be a player from what I have seen.
Agree that Poulter shows promise but there are still quite a few rough edges to knock off.
Disagree that playing Roarke would necessarily have meant we don't draft Poulter.

A real shame for Juice - I don’t recall, is it the same knee? Must be close to the end sadly for him (probably right call for the Dogs though)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A real shame for Juice - I don’t recall, is it the same knee? Must be close to the end sadly for him (probably right call for the Dogs though)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The other knee I think.

…again…

I’m not unsympathetic but he is prone, isn’t he.
He has had a couple of hamstrings over the journey, one in 2021 and one in 2022.

This year he's had no soft tissue issues (if memory serves me correctly). I don't think you can really reasonably say he's concussion prone. He was cleaned up by Tom Lynch earlier in the year, and this time around got Josh Bruce'd.

Oh man, that is so sad. I was right up against the boundary where he did it yesterday. It looked terrible straight away. Poor bloke. I hope he stays positive.

Injury update list

Round 22 Injury List

Harvey Gallagher (illness): test
Ryan Gardner (general soreness): test
Alex Keath (concussion): test
Hayden Crozier (hamstring): test
Robbie Mccomb (concussion): 1-2 weeks
Anthony Scott (concussion): 1-2 weeks
Tim O’Brien (hamstring): 1-2 weeks
Sam Darcy (quad): 3-4 weeks
Roarke Smith (foot): 3-4 weeks
Dom Bedendo (groin): Indefinite
Josh Bruce (knee): indefinite

Mitch Hannan (Achilles) : indefinite

Mitch Hannan up for 12 months with a ruptured Achilles.

Oof, you'd say that is curtains for Hannan and Bruce. A year out when on the fringe and not likely to get another contract. If Hannan wants to stick around for us in the VFL then I'd be happy to have him at Footscray as he's still a dangerous player at VFL level but no chance he plays AFL again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back