Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn’t look like he was moving around all that well, I wonder if something during the game aggravated it. Bloody stupid to not just get it done earlier if you knew it was an issue, especially if they reckon he won’t miss much!

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Look guys, Lobby’s torn anterior tibiofibula ligament could have actually repaired itself during round 1. It could have been knocked back into place. Give our medico’s a break.

I'm no doctor but if the surgery is so minor why did he not have it in November?
Don't think any of us need to be doctors to be asking the same question.
I think I read he’s been playing with the ankle discomfort for a few years so you could equally ask the same question of Freo. And also it’s quite understandable that our doctors would assume he could continue on in the same way.

Sounds like something caused it to get a bit worse (maybe a knock during training) and now it demands more urgent attention.

We shouldn’t immediately jump to suspicions of medical negligence. If it’s as I suspect then it’s nothing that warrants sending out the pitchfork brigade.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think I read he’s been playing with the ankle discomfort for a few years so you could equally ask the same question of Freo. And also it’s quite understandable that our doctors would assume he could continue on in the same way.

Sounds like something caused it to get a bit worse (maybe a knock during training) and now it demands more urgent attention.

We shouldn’t immediately jump to suspicions of medical negligence. If it’s as I suspect then it’s nothing that warrants sending out the pitchfork brigade.
Not jumping to medical negligance, just putting together the info we were given. He's had a minor ankle operation to clean up something he has been dealing with for a few years. By all reports he should be back in a couple of weeks. Why not get that procedure done months ago is my question. Anyway get better Rory, still think you will be real good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not jumping to medical negligance, just putting together the info we were given. He's had a minor ankle operation to clean up something he has been dealing with for a few years. By all reports he should be back in a couple of weeks. Why not get that procedure done months ago is my question. Anyway get better Rory, still think you will be real good for us.
It doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense, minor ankle injury that he’s been dealing with for a few years? What he hasn’t had time to get this so called minor surgery in the last few years? Or it’s unfixable but we think a minor surgery is his best course of action for this season I guess.

It stinks a bit to be honest, I’ll be very very happy if he is actually back in a couple of weeks

I note that we have 11 players unavailable for Round 2, a quarter of our list. This seems unusually high for this time of year. Hopefully, this is not something that becomes a trend for the season or our much lauded or perhaps illusory great depth will be severely tested.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t mind that we have a tonne of injuries now. Gives us opportunities to test unproven players that could flourish. Would rather be ultra conservative now and be healthier at the pointy end.

Did Gawn look like an ACL? Terrible news for him and Melbourne if so

Medial.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I guess we now know why Gallagher hasn't been sighted.. 5-6 weeks with a hammy.

Jedd Busslinger (shoulder): Available
Ryan Gardner (elbow): Test
Adam Treloar (hamstring): Test
Rory Lobb (ankle): Test
Tim O’Brien (hamstring): Test
Arthur Jones (groin): Test
Cody Weightman (groin): 2-4 weeks
Laith Vandermeer (leg): 2-4 weeks
Roarke Smith(foot): 3-5 weeks
Harvey Gallagher (hamstring): 4-6 weeks
Dom Bedendo (groin): Indefinite

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I guess we now know why Gallagher hasn't been sighted.. 5-6 weeks with a hammy.

Jedd Busslinger (shoulder): Available
Ryan Gardner (elbow): Test
Adam Treloar (hamstring): Test
Rory Lobb (ankle): Test
Tim O’Brien (hamstring): Test
Arthur Jones (groin): Test
Cody Weightman (groin): 2-4 weeks
Laith Vandermeer (leg): 2-4 weeks
Roarke Smith(foot): 3-5 weeks
Harvey Gallagher (hamstring): 4-6 weeks
Dom Bedendo (groin): Indefinite
Some good things and some frustrating

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
A chance we get 6 players back this week to hopefully bolster both sides. I feel like they won’t risk Lobb or Treloar though given the history of both.

At least Weightman’s timeline actually came down a week but the Bedendo one is concerning. We all have high hopes for him.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A chance we get 6 players back this week to hopefully bolster both sides. I feel like they won’t risk Lobb or Treloar though given the history of both.

At least Weightman’s timeline actually came down a week but the Bedendo one is concerning. We all have high hopes for him.
I feel they’ll be desperate to get Treloar and Lobb up if they can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back