Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Briggs?

no mention of him in the rehab report or the injury list - but for the last 2 weeks Derkson has been the sole ruck for the VFL with Riccardi as the chop-out.
Been told that he has quad cork that developed from training incident.
Keefe and Stone are also injured but no mention for some reason.

Injury List – May 16

Toby GreeneAnkleTest
Leek AleerAnkle2 weeks
Conor StoneBack2-3 weeks
Jacob WehrShoulder2-4 weeks
Isaac CummingCalf5 weeks
Sam TaylorHamstring7 weeks
Braydon PreussBackTBC
Cooper HamiltonFootTBC
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason

Old Preussy is cooked I reckon
The Santa Clause Cooking GIF by filmeditor

Preuss' contract ends this year.

He's either injured or suspended the majority of the time.

Which means, he'll probably be given a fat, long-term contract within the next few weeks................
Yep, basically 2 out of 3 years injured. Only had him for 1 year, where he oscillated between playing, suspended, and dropped.

If it's me, he would get a low $ offer and just 1 year: a, take-it-or-leave-it last-chance-to-prove-yourself approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's me, he would get a low $ offer and just 1 year: a, take-it-or-leave-it last-chance-to-prove-yourself approach.
We're in dire straits when it comes to rucks.

Briggs contracted until next year but where is he? Injured and we're not getting the full picture?
Flynn is only there by default and his contract, like Preuss is up this year.

Hope our recruiters are looking for fringe rucks amongst other clubs right now - preferably those not getting the opportunity, rather than those whose bodies are not coping and need time-off.

Grab Naismith in the mid season draft and hope for the best. If somebody on another list wants more opportunity come trade week, the number 1 ruck gig is there to be taken.
Yep, good choice.

We satisfy the criteria with at least 1 player being out with a long term injury so there is no reason why the Giants recruiters shouldn't be going all in for a ruck.

Hope it happens.

Now dealing with separate shin and shoulder issues.
Kingsley said that he is "going to be out a little while longer", which certainly didn't put a line through him for the season or anything and matches with shin and shoulder concerns. Fingers crossed.

Not the best reading but opportunities for others to play and more important roles

Fahey to debut surely
I know injuries happen to every team but Kelly out for 4 weeks?. And Davis injured again - he will be lucky to play an AFL game for this season given his horrendous injury run this year.

I know injuries happen to every team but Kelly out for 4 weeks?. And Davis injured again - he will be lucky to play an AFL game for this season given his horrendous injury run this year.
Hope we can get Davis a final game by years end to farewell him properly, but it’s getting tough to see him holding up for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back